Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    I am also trying to understand how a young and healthy team like the Pacers keeps trying to bring broken down players? thanks Phoenix for signing Redd.

    At this moment we are paying 14mil for 3 players that either not 100% healthy or are getting hurt all the time, ridiculous.

  2. #27
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure it does, but as has been stated multiple times, his salary this year is completely irrelevant. Hasn't hurt our cap space at all, hasn't precluded us from signing or trading for anyone. If anything, it's kept us above the salary floor.
    It's within the realm of possibility that his re-signing kept any other potential backup centers from having an interest in signing here.

    The $3 million may be irrelevant, but the perceived playing time issue is not.

  3. #28
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep I'm going to keep saying that we need another "real center" just in case, OKC has a nice center on the bench in Aldrich I wouldn't mind getting him.
    Cole is 2 inch taller, 6 years younger and a quite good free throw shooter. He is a pretty good defender and a decent passer. The only thing I don't know is how much does he hustle. And I kinda like Lou's hustle.

    I wouldn't mind getting him either though.

    Edit: I think that he can also buy into the whole smash-mouth concept so that's another plus.

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cole is 2 inch taller, 6 years younger and a quite good free throw shooter. He is a pretty good defender and a decent passer. The only thing I don't know is how much does he hustle. And I kinda like Lou's hustle.

    I wouldn't mind getting him either though.

    Edit: I think that he can also buy into the whole smash-mouth concept so that's another plus.
    I scouted Cole in college and the guy plays ugly but is a pretty good center, he can block shots and grab rebounds, he also has some back to the basket game, he is a pretty solid center in my opinion but it would take a good package for him.

  5. #30
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's played in less than half the games so far, and apparently is going to miss at least the next 2 weeks. That doesn't bother you?
    Nah, not really. As long as he's ready to go for the playoffs, I'm okay with it. That's when we need him most.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you didn't see the thread were people were talking about giving him a 10mil contract just because of how nice he is.
    No no, as usual vnzla, you have everything all wrong. I wanted to pony up $20 million because of his hard fouls in the playoffs. Get your facts straight.

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No no, as usual vnzla, you have everything all wrong. I wanted to pony up $20 million because of his hard fouls in the playoffs. Get your facts straight.
    I am pretty sure some people suggested to give him 20mil.


    edit: Yep I found the thread.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...+foster&page=2
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  9. #33
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn and we could really use Foster in this trip. However, Lou has experience against Western Conf. teams so it may even out.

    Edit: I just hope that Warriors don't play the "hack-a-Lou" strategy cause Lou is a pretty incosistent FT shooter.
    If he plays much they very well may imploy that strategy. Because he's a consistent FT shooter. And we should hope they don't because he is so consistent.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  10. #34
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but it would take a good package for him.
    How good of a package? I wouldn't mind a straight trade for him but if we are to give up picks for him then I wouldn't be that ecstatic about it. We do need some picks as this draft is going to be quite deep.

  11. #35
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pretty sure some people suggested to give him 20mil.


    edit: Yep I found the thread.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...+foster&page=2
    Yep, you left out the part where the guy said $9 million to hit the salary floor. This was probably before West signed, I would imagine, when that was still a minor concern for us.

    And no one said anything about $20 million, if they did, it was being facetious.

  12. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How good of a package? I wouldn't mind a straight trade for him but if we are to give up picks for him then I wouldn't be that ecstatic about it. We do need some picks as this draft is going to be quite deep.
    I'm pretty sure they send two 1st round picks to get him, he is who I wanted the Pacers to get so they could have got those picks.

  13. #37

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    we REALLY need another center.

    how can TPTB feel comfortable with the roster as is???

    I said this 1 to 2 weeks ago only to get chastized. I still stand by what I said then as I do now.

    That's the $64,000 question.

    Speights would look pretty good about now, but we have Foster. Oops, we don't have Foster. He's the 3 mil dollar playoff man, well maybe if he's healthy enough to play.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, you left out the part where the guy said $9 million to hit the salary floor. This was probably before West signed, I would imagine, when that was still a minor concern for us.

    And no one said anything about $20 million, if they did, it was being facetious.
    Ok so It wasn't 20mil.

    No, hopefully it was for the MAX or close to it.

    If it is one year, I dont really care the amount... Esp when it is looking like we are not going to land any of the players that we have reportedly targeted... I say sign Jeff to a one year deal worth 9M, so we can hit the minimum salary requirements and to thank Jeff for his time with the Pacers...
    A max type deal for Foster would be a reward for what he's done for this organization and city. But more importantly it helps us not tie any money into free agent signings we do not need. We have a looong way to go to meet the minimum salary cap % threshold the new CBA is madating. The best way to meet that % while still having money for next year's much better free agent class is to sign players like Jeff Foster to hefty 1 year contracts. Just my take...

  16. #39

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    OKC has a nice center on the bench in Aldrich I wouldn't mind getting him.
    Oh please, they got rid of Byron Mullens and kept Aldrich. What a terrible mistake! I would have pulled a Rumplestiltskin if Bird had drafted Aldrich.

  17. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said this 1 to 2 weeks ago only to get chastized. I still stand by what I said then as I do now.

    That's the $64,000 question.

    Speights would look pretty good about now, but we have Foster. Oops, we don't have Foster. He's the 3 mil dollar playoff man, well maybe if he's healthy enough to play.
    Trust me you are not the only one that got laugh at for suggesting to get a decent and healthier backup center.

  18. #41

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you didn't see the thread were people were talking about giving him a 10mil contract just because of how nice he is.

    Loyalty! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

  19. #42
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,986

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very interested to how many games we end up getting for the $3 million we spent on Foster, knowing about his back issues.

    Going into the season I would have been happy with 20 games and a little help in the playoffs.

    He is here more for off the court stuff than on the court.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  21. #43
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,986

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lou is out there for more than 5 minutes that isn't garbage time, we are in big trouble... because he is awful.

    yes, it is possible to airball a bank shot.

    I disagree. His offensive rebounding is very good as is his defense. He's never been able to shoot. We only need about 10 minutes from him per game

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  23. #44
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    So vnzla wanted to pay Nene a max contract, which would have overpaid him by, what, 5-6mil per year, and now he's complaining that the Pacers are overpaying Foster who makes $3mil per year total?



    EDIT: Or $3mil extra per year for Nene. Whatever the pricetag.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So vnzla wanted to pay Nene a max contract, which would have overpaid him by, what, 5-6mil per year, and now he's complaining that the Pacers are overpaying Foster who makes $3mil per year total?



    EDIT: Or $3mil extra per year for Nene. Whatever the pricetag.
    Who's talking about Nene? once again you guys need to let that go, he is in Denver not here, I don't know what that has to do with the Pacers not having a better back up center?

  26. #46
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    17,045

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    At this point, I have to remind our fellow board members once again how important it is for a team to have a good chemistry. An organization who is loyal to its players tends to develop good chemistry. Foster has stick to the team through the rough all these years. I wouldn't like to let him go and I would be pretty happy if he got a job in the organization after his retirement.

    I wouldn't like Pacers to show the same disloyalty to their players that the Knicks have shown. Look at them now. Would you like us to become like them? I wouldn't.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's talking about Nene? once again you guys need to let that go, he is in Denver not here, I don't know what that has to do with the Pacers not having a better back up center?
    Sorry, but you are the absolute last person on this board who needs to tell people to let stuff go. You still bring up Mike Dunleavy in 80% of our arguments.

  29. #48
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's talking about Nene? once again you guys need to let that go, he is in Denver not here, I don't know what that has to do with the Pacers not having a better back up center?
    Foster, nor his pay scale, is keeping the Pacers from getting a better backup center.

    They don't even have a full roster, and they're not anywhere near the cap. They don't have another backup center, because they chose not too.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  31. #49
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so It wasn't 20mil.
    Yes, and the max deal comment was clearly facetious.

  32. #50

    Default Re: Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.

    Let's wait and hear what the further details are that are forthcoming.

    For all we know, the Pacers could have known that Jeff may have needed a procedure going into the season. Besides, getting it done now makes sense. We have our longest break going on now (except for the all-star game), and it spares Jeff the wear-and-tear of going up against Dwight on Jan. 24. That game will hopefully be dictated largely by the matchup between Roy and Dwight anyway.

    I think D. West can fill in for Roy at C as necessary in the meantime.

Similar Threads

  1. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. A Digest Carol Revisited...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
  4. Wages of Wins Pacers Preview
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •