Thread: ESPN ranks you guys #1......

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default ESPN ranks you guys #1......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...on=2005&week=1

You could make a case for Utah, Phoenix and Miami, but I certainly cant argue with Indiana. They have yet to beat a team thats actually won a single game this year, though....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: ESPN ranks you guys #1......

While that might be the case and it's still early in the season, wouldn't you say they've been impressive enough considering the injuries they've had?

I dont think we've played all that great though...I dont see us beating minny tomorrow
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

That's got to be an error. How could Miami not be #1? I mean - they have Shaq
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. I'm just awestruck.

Wow.

About the Pistons:

"Took Toronto lightly (bad) and didn't even deny it (worse). Hence the drop of three slots, and a stern warning, because complacency might be Pistons' biggest enemy this season."

I do believe that a certain someone said that the Pistons may be content this year since they won the championship last year and that their bench was arguably a downgrade. If only I could remember who that someone was...

Well, it must be true if ESPN said it. After all, they never make a mistake.

Just because they showed a Pacer highlight of Fred Jones dunking the ball and referred to him as Jumaine Jones should not make a bad mark on their credibility.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

ESPN sucks whether they're lampooning or praising. I sure hope no one really cares about this.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Zesty

Doesn't Kstat have to get rid of that GIF in his sig?

If they really looked at things objectively, the list would be pretty stagnant.

I think they shake things up weekly, just to rile people up. It generates a little discussion, and gets the fans going if they take it too seriously.

You still have sigs turned on?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About the Pistons:

"Took Toronto lightly (bad) and didn't even deny it (worse). Hence the drop of three slots, and a stern warning, because complacency might be Pistons' biggest enemy this season."

I do believe that a certain someone said that the Pistons may be content this year since they won the championship last year and that their bench was arguably a downgrade. If only I could remember who that someone was...

Yes, Larry Brown not coaching certainly had NOTHING to do with it....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    Anyone with animated .gifs is/was supposed to, yes.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    Anyone with animated .gifs is/was supposed to, yes.
    I got rid of mine...but I sure as hell don't want to see Reggie getting blocked anymore.

Mood

I'll give a little more time, and if it's still there, go ahead and get it myself; takes only a second. I don't have sigs turned on, but I'm sure someone will say something here if it's not gone relatively soon.

Not having LB hurts the Pistons big time.

Pacers I think played very well In Cleveland and not so great in the other two games

As long as we keep playing well enough...

Actually, Cleveland's the only decent team we've played so far. If we beat Minny, I'll start feeling pretty good. Our next 3 after that are VERY winnable... we'd be looking at winning our first 7-8 games of the season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!