Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article about possible FAs/Extensions + News about our RFAs

Banned

Default Re: Hibbert's Extension

I posted a tweet by Mark Stein few weeks ago were he said that he asked few front office managers about Hibbert's salary and everybody pretty much told him that Hibbert is going to get at least 10mil a year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I hope they sign Hibbert and Hill to extensions, I also realize it is a two way street. If we aren't able to sign them to extensions, it doesn't mean we didn't try.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I hope they sign Hibbert and Hill to extensions, I also realize it is a two way street. If we aren't able to sign them to extensions, it doesn't mean we didn't try.

They are both RFA, so the Pacers can match any offer they get.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    They are both RFA, so the Pacers can match any offer they get.
    I know, I'm talking about the Jan 25th deadline, so we don't have other teams raising the price on us.

If we do sign Roy to an extension by the 25th, what does that do to our cap space immediately, if anything? Are there any kinds of holds that might disrupt our flexibility?

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If we do sign Roy to an extension by the 25th, what does that do to our cap space immediately, if anything? Are there any kinds of holds that might disrupt our flexibility?
    According to Hoops World Roy's cap hold is $7,765,770. So if he starts at $10 million we lose about $2.235 million in space. Not sure if that cap hold number is accurate because I know it was adjusted in the new CBA.

By the way George Hill's cap hold is $6,259,077

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    According to Hoops World Roy's cap hold is $7,765,770. So if he starts at $10 million we lose about $2.235 million in space. Not sure if that cap hold number is accurate because I know it was adjusted in the new CBA.

By the way George Hill's cap hold is $6,259,077
    I don't think those cap holds are in effect until the off-season, though. I'm trying to figure out what happens to the cap between the time the extension is agreed to and, say, the trade deadline of this season. Trying to see if we retain our current cap space or not.

Mood

I don't think those cap holds are in effect until the off-season, though. I'm trying to figure out what happens to the cap between the time the extension is agreed to and, say, the trade deadline of this season. Trying to see if we retain our current cap space or not.
    I think the cap isn't affected till the year the extension starts. Doesn't make sense to have a penalty to extending your own players.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

An extension should not affect this year's cap space unless the Pacers choose to push some of the money into this year, like OKC did with Nick Collison a year ago. Since the Pacers hold Hibbert's Bird rights, as an example they can extend him for 4/40mil, but push 8 million into the 2011-12 season, meaning the remainder of the contract becomes 4/32mil.

I think that's right.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shockedandchagrined For This Useful Post:

I would honestly like to extend George Hill by the 25th deadline. You know exactly what kind of player you are going to get with him. I'd offer him 5 Mil a year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Depending on what kind of money we're talking, I'd definitely love to see Hill and Hibbert extended.
    My guess indeed DG money, 5/60 and I still think we need to do it, not doing it now tells him we are willing to risk losing him, not a signal i would like to give.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandchagrined View Post
    An extension should not affect this year's cap space unless the Pacers choose to push some of the money into this year, like OKC did with Nick Collison a year ago. Since the Pacers hold Hibbert's Bird rights, as an example they can extend him for 4/40mil, but push 8 million into the 2011-12 season, meaning the remainder of the contract becomes 4/32mil.

I think that's right.
    Good catch, yeah we should absolutely do that if we're not planning to use the remaining cap space to add another player. We still have around $15m of cap space to use.

Could be that the Pacers are planning to do this all along, I couldn't figure out what they were planning to do with the extra space from the Posey amnesty. This would be absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I would honestly like to extend George Hill by the 25th deadline. You know exactly what kind of player you are going to get with him. I'd offer him 5 Mil a year.
    Where do you get that number? Seems insultingly low.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandchagrined View Post

I think that's right.
    This is exactly what I would do if I were Bird. Roy wants to be a Pacer, he deserves to get paid, and there's the cap space to do that this season. Only reason why I could see the Pacers not doing it is if ther want to go for a FA from China later on in the season

I'd offer Hibbert a 4 year, 60m deal.

Guy's I'm here to tell you that if he ends the year right now averaging what he is right now and does not improve one lick he will be close to a max player. Not that he deserves it mind you, very very few do. But a legit 7'2" center who is avg. a double double and has shown the ability to defend and stay out of foult trouble?

Believe me there will be plenty of teams lining up to sign Roy to mad money. Roy's agent would be doing his client a giant disservice if he extended with the Pacers and remember his agent is David Falk so he won't make that mistake.

We are just going to have to decide in the near future if Roy is the anchor to build around or not. I suspect that we will be seeing Roy in Blue & Gold for a long time.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    This is exactly what I would do if I were Bird. Roy wants to be a Pacer, he deserves to get paid, and there's the cap space to do that this season. Only reason why I could see the Pacers not doing it is if ther want to go for a FA from China later on in the season
    Sounds brilliant to me. I don't know if the whole gotta be at the cap floor issue was ever resolved or not. If not I most definitely would extend hibbert to that point cause if memory serves me correctly we were 6 - 8 million from that point. If we have got to the that cap floor then at least to the point such that we would be able to retain our flexibility to pull off some major move during the offseason in free agency or still be allowed to absorb salary. Also I would think this sort of plan gives us more flexibility at resigning George Hill wouldn't it? I kind of am hoping that maybe Roy will take a low amount to allow us to build upon what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    I think that's more then the max contract would be for hibbert under a 4 year deal. 4/55 is the most any other team can offer him, so at worst we should just match that. I'd rather see an initial offer closer to 5/40.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I think that's more then the max contract would be for hibbert under a 4 year deal. 4/55 is the most any other team can offer him, so at worst we should just match that. I'd rather see an initial offer closer to 5/40.
    his agent isnt retarded the starting point will be 5 yr 55-60m like Noah Gasol and all the young C's have got.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    his agent isnt retarded the starting point will be 5 yr 55-60m like Noah Gasol and all the young C's have got.
    5 year 55mil, while steep, isn't a bad contract for Hibbert at all. I mean look at what DeAndre Jordan was just paid.

5/60 sounds about right to me.

I'd love a 5-50. But it'll probably be 5-60.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    Why?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I'm thinking 5/60 or 4/50 is about right too.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

5/60 is definitely worth it for Hibbert. You take that contract and be happy you have a player like him on your team for the long haul.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post: