Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nets would probably trade Dwill if can't get Howard

Default Re: Nets would probably trade Dwill if can't get Howard

Let him become a free agent and try to sign him them...I would hate it if we gave up George, DC, Hansbrough and 2 picks and then DWill decides not to sign with us
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess they got a little over their heads about the whole "we need a star when we move to Brooklyn".

Just because you play in a big market doesn't mean that player is going to be happy there nor does it mean you're automatically going to be a good team.

They were better off with Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, and those picks.

Utah and Denver are still going strong despite trading away their star players. New Orleans has a bright future too.

It clearly appears that Denver won that deal and seem better off with out Carmelo.
    Denver was better off with Melo, and Utah was better off with Williams. If you gave George Karl and Kevin O'Connor truth serum they'd both admit it.

Denver was beaten handily by the Thunder in the playoffs last season. They're perfect for a season like this, where you have to play 4 to 5 games a week. Young, deep teams (like the Pacers and Sixers) are going to thrive in a condensed season.

But wait until the playoffs. That's where the lack of a superstar will kill you. The best thing you can say about Denver is they have the assets to acquire a superstar, ironically like Melo, because they're not competing for a title with the roster they have.

As for the original point of the thread, there's no point for the Pacers to pursue Williams in a trade. He's not going to sign an extension or even opt-in like Paul did for the Pacers. But the thing about success is that Williams may listen should the Pacers inquire in the offseason. It's not unrealistic.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

I think Williams just wants to sign with a winner.

For the Nets' sake, they'll look to trade him so they don't wind up with nothing.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

The Nuggets are better off with the team they have now and the Jazz are building up a solid young group.

Same with the Hornets.

With Williams, he needs a good supporting cast and the Nets are terrible.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does Orlando have the pieces to bring DWill there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Does Orlando have the pieces to bring DWill there?
    No.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I just don't like Dwill all that much. I think he is a bit overrated. Yes he is talented but I think his ego is much bigger than his britches.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

At 17+ mil a year, He isn't coming here...thank goodness!
    He will find his way to LA, I'm sure!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I just don't like Dwill all that much. I think he is a bit overrated. Yes he is talented but I think his ego is much bigger than his britches.
    I don't think he's overrated.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    No one wants Amare. He has two bad knees and a contract that can't be insured that lasts until 2015.
    Could you elaborate on how bad Amare's knees are?

The Nets MUST have some star power as part of their move to Brooklyn....that is what the Russian Billionaire wants.....and why they made a move for DWill. If DWill won't stay....there is nothing that we can offer that would match the draw that some package of Amare ( or Carmelo ) and BDiddy would bring to the Nets.

I know that he has had some knee issues....but I don't get the impression that his knees are SOOO BAD that if the Nets were given the choice between Amare and BDiddy and DC+Granger that it's a "slam dunk" as to which option the Nets would choose.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This generation of nba stars has it all backwards. Makes me yearn for 90's basketball so much.

How could Howard not want to play in Chicago? Out of all the teams that could trade for him, it is by far the best. They could send some assets and still be keep DRose and build around them for the next 5 years.

How could DWill not want to play in Indy? This team would be a top 3 team for the next 5 years at least. I am sure he sees it, as do most players and agents. Just wait out the season and sign with a team without gutting them. I am totally serious. Why would a player not want to? It is the best basketball decision for them. It makes me love the players we have even more. If the talented stars don't want to win then we shouldn't even bother with them. But I refuse to believe that a superstar like DWill will refuse to walk away from a team like the Pacers when it is obviously the best situation

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sopgy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sopgy View Post
    This generation of nba stars has it all backwards. Makes me yearn for 90's basketball so much.

How could Howard not want to play in Chicago? Out of all the teams that could trade for him, it is by far the best. They could send some assets and still be keep DRose and build around them for the next 5 years.

How could DWill not want to play in Indy? This team would be a top 3 team for the next 5 years at least. I am sure he sees it, as do most players and agents. Just wait out the season and sign with a team without gutting them. I am totally serious. Why would a player not want to? It is the best basketball decision for them. It makes me love the players we have even more. If the talented stars don't want to win then we shouldn't even bother with them. But I refuse to believe that a superstar like DWill will refuse to walk away from a team like the Pacers when it is obviously the best situation
    Uhh....I'm pretty sure that you're the only one that sees this. Even in my wildest dreams....I don't think that we will be that good.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Uhh....I'm pretty sure that you're the only one that sees this. Even in my wildest dreams....I don't think that we will be that good.
    I think he's means top 3 in the conference.

It's lame, but I think Howard and Rose not hooking up has something to do with them both having shoe contracts with adidas.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 01-17-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Mood

Why can't we be? Because we don't have a starting all star? I don't think shooting for a consistent 3rd in the east is asking too much of this squad. It certainly is higher than your average expectation/prediction, but out of the question? No.

1) We are very young.
    2) We are improving.
    3) We have great team chemistry
    4) We have cap space to retain a good portion of our team or add other pieces if necessary.
    5) We have a great coach.

What am I missing?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we had deron williams, we would definitely be contending for top 3 and championships. He is an elite point guard. We have a great core right now. We are good 1 thru 5 and have a very nice bench.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    If we had deron williams, we would definitely be contending for top 3 and championships. He is an elite point guard. We have a great core right now. We are good 1 thru 5 and have a very nice bench.
    It's nice to dream....but I will default to my belief that DWill won't hit the FA market and that he will either be in a Nets or Knicks uniform at the end of the season.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post

Why can't we be? Because we don't have a starting all star? I don't think shooting for a consistent 3rd in the east is asking too much of this squad. It certainly is higher than your average expectation/prediction, but out of the question? No.

1) We are very young.
    2) We are improving.
    3) We have great team chemistry
    4) We have cap space to retain a good portion of our team or add other pieces if necessary.
    5) We have a great coach.

What am I missing?
    sogpy didn't clarify his post.....if sogpy are talking about a Top 3 Team in the East.....sure, if we make the right moves....but if sogpy was referring to being a Top 3 Team in the League....I'm not holding my breath.

Sogby was talking about either Deron Williams or Dwight Howard coming to the Pacers and said "would be" indicating he thinks we would be a top 3 team. I'm not sure if he meant conference or NBA but if he meant NBA? He's absolutely right. With this team adding Howard, it would be an absolutely dominate juggernaut that would absolutely spank the Heat. And with Deron Williams this team would compete among the best though I'm not sure we'd be good enough to beat either OKC/MIA/CHI. But we'd be right there with them.

Dwight Howard without out a doubt would make this team so ridiculously good defensively that even if they couldn't figure it out offensively it wouldn't matter.

Howard now says he doesn't want to sign, not sure the Pacers would have the cap space- Not really the biggest deal. I think the Pacers will be fine going in the direction they are, but thought I'd point that out. Yes, adding a super star would be ridiculous.

I think could definitely be a top 3 team in the NBA. We are already fighting for a top 3 finish in the east this season. If our players continue to grow and we add a top point guard, who would be better than us? We would be right there with the best of them, with incredible depth.

I don't know if we will be able to clear the space we need to sign Williams or Howard, let alone they hit the open market. But if I was in their shoes I would want to come here for sure. I mean they only actually live in Indy for a few months of the year anyway, and it's not like they are playing in Siberia or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sopgy View Post
    I think could definitely be a top 3 team in the NBA. We are already fighting for a top 3 finish in the east this season. If our players continue to grow and we add a top point guard, who would be better than us? We would be right there with the best of them, with incredible depth.

I don't know if we will be able to clear the space we need to sign Williams or Howard, let alone they hit the open market. But if I was in their shoes I would want to come here for sure. I mean they only actually live in Indy for a few months of the year anyway, and it's not like they are playing in Siberia or anything.
    Yup.

The idea that you need to work in a big market is absurd. If you think about it, working in a town like Indy/Portland during the season would actually be better than living in a big market. This would give you the option of living the high life in Newport Beach during the off season. That makes more sense than living in some place like LA while you're working. Bad traffic, dirty city, everything is spread out every where. I'd much rather work in Indy if I had the money to live anywhere in the world in the off season.

The idea you need a big market is ridiculous. Obviously LBJ would have gone to New York/CHI if this was the case, but besides that, good teams with Superstars get national play. Thats all the matters. That's why Peyton is rich.
    Last edited by mattie; 01-17-2012 at 04:37 AM.