Thread: Poor Jalen

Default Re: Poor Jalen

Well, he's right. I can't name 40 swingmen that are better than Jalen.

Wait... he said players.

Never mind. Suck it up, Jalen.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

How many Pacers alone are better than Jalen?

Let's see

Ron
    Freddy Jones
    Jax

This includes Offense, creating your own shot and one on one DEFENSE!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jalen is still one of the top small forwards in the NBA. I don't even think that's a question.

He's an excellent passer, shooter, and ballhandler for a SF.

Jalen's issue has, and always will be, thinking that he's a POINT GUARD.

Rafer Alston is running the point this year, and -surprise- Jalen is looking much better.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Would you want him starting on the Pistons?

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, only because our starting 5 is championship-calibur, and if it aint broken, dont fix it.

Now, would I like him off the BENCH playing big minutes at SF? Hell yes I would.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    No, only because our starting 5 is championship-calibur, and if it aint broken, dont fix it.

Now, would I like him off the BENCH playing big minutes at SF? Hell yes I would.
    You mean you'd make the valiant sacrifice to be willing to bring "one of the top small forwards in the NBA" who at one time garnered a maximum contract off the bench? You're a brave, brave man.

dont look at me, he asked the question....

I'm playin a franchise on nba 01 and Jalen's the man... starting at SF then playin some PG.. leading me team in scoring and getting close to 5 boards and 3 assists a game in 6 min qrts...

YES, I'd have Jalen back too.. I like what we got from him from chicago but Jalen is a good player and i miss him some..

Poor Al... I miss him more tho... is anyone seeing a trend... apart from Brad Miller.. most of our "outers" have gone to bum teams...

Jalen, Davis Brothers, Al... seems some boys are just better to stay at home...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Jalen is still one of the top small forwards in the NBA. I don't even think that's a question.

He's an excellent passer, shooter, and ballhandler for a SF.

Jalen's issue has, and always will be, thinking that he's a POINT GUARD.

Rafer Alston is running the point this year, and -surprise- Jalen is looking much better.

It goes a little deeper than Jalen just wanting to play the point, although that is a symptom of his disease.

Jalen, in his mind, is the man. That was the biggest problem he ever had in Indiana.

If Jalen would have just accepted being a contributer/role player he would most likely have been right here on our team.

But the fact was that he felt like he waited in the wings for Reggie to retire (btw, Reggie did everything in his power to give Jalen "the Man" statuse while he was still here by deferring to him whenever possible but the fans just would not let Reggie go) & then J.O. came here & became an M.V.P. caliber player & once again Jalen was not going to be the man.

Harsh words were exchanged & Jalen found himself in Chicago & then in Toronto.

Jalen's biggest problem was always Jalen. If he put 1/3 of the effort on the defensive end that Artest does he would have been an all-star every year. The saddest d@mn thing is that Jalen, when he wanted to, could play defense.

It's funny when you read us talk about Jackson, because you will see some of us say that he has all of the best traits of Jalen but so far hasn't displayed any of the negatives.

The one player in this league that Ron Artest can't stop is Jalen Rose. I know that sounds crazy but Jalen has always been able to get his shot off on Ron.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Peck, I don't recall Jalen having good games against Artest. I guess I'll have to look for that this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I recall what Peck's talking about; Jalen typically seems to have good shooting nights against Ron. Go figure.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Peck, I don't recall Jalen having good games against Artest. I guess I'll have to look for that this year.
    I somewhat remember the game in which Jalen went for 20+ points in the fourth quarter. I don't know what % of the points came when Artest defended him or if Artest even played in that game...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I don't have the exact games, I just know that there have been more than one occasion he has made Ron look bad.

When Ron was in Chicago Jalen had such a good game against him that Ron went postal on the crowd behind the Bulls bench.

When he had that 20 point fourth quarter vs. the Pacers Jalen after the game said mockingly that "Ron is a defensive stopper".

Jalen is just one of those players that can get it going vs. Ron because he can hit from anywhere. He is taller than Ron & he can draw fouls.

I'm not saying Ron can't defend him, but Jalen does give him trouble.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I still believe the main reason Jalen is not a Pacer today is that his contract stinks and there was no way we could live with JO's max contract and Jalen's.

Because of that bad contract, Jalen had to go.

Had Jalen made half the money he does, he might have remained a Pacer and moved from the starter at small forward to the starter at shooting guard.

good point.