Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Awesome post again.

    One thing to add though: Free through shooting: 22/23 or 96%...

    Wow...I mean that is pretty impressive.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    The Pacers are shooting 79.7% as a team from the FT line on the season, which is good for second best in the NBA. And that's with both DC and Hibbert struggling from the FT line for their standards.

    Last season they shot 78.2% as a team, which was 5th.

  4. #53
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to pick up Ray Allen in the offseason.
    Really? I think he's pretty much done at this point. I'm not sure what role he'd play. Hill is a good enough shooter for me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,568

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I think he's pretty much done at this point. I'm not sure what role he'd play. Hill is a good enough shooter for me.

    Allen isn't done. He's averaging 17.5 PPG with a 52.7 FG% and 57.7% from beyond the arc. Those numbers will dip a bit as the season goes on, but I think it's safe to say that he's going to have another fine season. He's in much better physical shape than KG and Pierce are right now. He obviously doesn't have an abundance of time left given that he's 36 years old, but I think it's safe to say that he'll be a valuable contributor for at least a couple of more seasons. He might not be the best fit here given that we're building a young team, but a team on the cusp of a championship could definitely use his services after this season. There will be several teams looking to sign him.

    No one keeps their body in as great a shape as he does. As long as he can get out there and run, he'll be able to play. He'll have that stroke forever.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Ray Allen here after the David West thing? Oh that would be hilarious.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    839
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen here after the David West thing? Oh that would be hilarious.
    Yeah, Ray's ego would kick in, and he would have to consider "How much a championship is worth to him".....

  11. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen here after the David West thing? Oh that would be hilarious.
    If you look at that whole interview his words were taken out of context IMO

    and EJwallace really?? Ray has one of the smallest egos in the league he has proved that throughout his career he is one of the best people in the NBA and a great pro.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen here after the David West thing? Oh that would be hilarious.
    I know. It's part of what made me like the idea. But how much do you think he's rethinking that after losing to the Pacers recently?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #59
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allen isn't done. He's averaging 17.5 PPG with a 52.7 FG% and 57.7% from beyond the arc. Those numbers will dip a bit as the season goes on, but I think it's safe to say that he's going to have another fine season. He's in much better physical shape than KG and Pierce are right now. He obviously doesn't have an abundance of time left given that he's 36 years old, but I think it's safe to say that he'll be a valuable contributor for at least a couple of more seasons. He might not be the best fit here given that we're building a young team, but a team on the cusp of a championship could definitely use his services after this season. There will be several teams looking to sign him.

    No one keeps their body in as great a shape as he does. As long as he can get out there and run, he'll be able to play. He'll have that stroke forever.
    Or, at 36, he may have it tomorrow.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or, at 36, he may have it tomorrow.
    #winning.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #61
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    I was fortunate to get front row seats between the press box and the Pacers bench last night, so I was able to really see some things that I don't normally see, some of which has not been mentioned here.

    1) Hansbrough laid a *nasty* pick on Bass midway through the first, right in front of me. It was such a big collision, that I swear I could hear the wind getting knocked out of Bass. I mean, he just got dropped cold... and Bass is a big guy. Very impressive.

    2) Hibbert was jawing quite a lot with Garnett throughout the game. Was quite surprised he was so vocal. Not just after the block, but for some time beforehand as well.

    3) It was so evident that the players like each other. They just seem comfortable and playful with each other, in a way that I haven't seen from this team in years. Clear chemistry there, especially between Granger and most of the wing squad. West tends to keep to himself, but he let out quite a few chuckles/smiles during the game as well.

    4) I didn't realize how friendly Buckner was with the team. He spent minutes at a time yapping with the players, especially Hill and Granger. How could he not be a homer?

    5) Olzendam is a tiny little thing.

    I'll see if I can get some pictures/video up at some point.

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,393

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen here after the David West thing? Oh that would be hilarious.
    If you can't beat them join them. :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  20. #63
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,944
    Mood

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5) Olzendam is a tiny little thing.
    Every time I see her name, I think:


  21. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  22. #64
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    839
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you look at that whole interview his words were taken out of context IMO

    and EJwallace really?? Ray has one of the smallest egos in the league he has proved that throughout his career he is one of the best people in the NBA and a great pro.
    I was merely regurgitating what he said about David West coming to the Pacers....
    "I'm shocked," Allen said. "I don't understand it." [...]
    Allen first heard of West's potential interest in Boston last month when Allen was playing golf in Augusta with his private banker, who coincidentally also handled West's financial affairs.
    "He told me how much I would love [West], that he and I were the same kind of guy -- cognitive thinkers," Allen said. "He said West was interested in coming to the Celtics and would be willing to come for less."
    So why does Allen think West had a change of heart?
    "Once it got down to the end, I think his ego kicked back in," Allen said. "He wanted the dollars. I guess it comes down to 'What is a championship worth to you?'"

  23. #65
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Putting the Celtics out to pasture

    In regards to Ray Allen's words, I think West's ego kicked in to take the dollars AND the championship hopes. The ancient 3 are just that... ancient. Their window slammed shut last season.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Pass the Geritol! It?s the Celtics Tonight!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. Celtics the subject of a 5 part series on ESPN
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
  3. Kravitz: Pacers can't use Celtics' blueprint
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 04:05 AM
  4. Random Game 2 Thoughts from our seats at the FleetCenter...
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:04 AM
  5. Boston Globe Coverage of Game Two.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •