Thread: Mark Patrick not on in the afternoons anymore

Default Mark Patrick not on in the afternoons anymore

I know this is a week old, MPOS is no longer. And the show is much, much better. Check it out AM 1260

Default Re: Mark Patrick not on in the afternoons anymore

I don't yet know if it is better, but that M. Patrick was terrible. He and that guy that is on now are both terrible. More than a few times have I heard them take calls from people who were not very good speakers on the phone and then make fun of them.

Pathetic. They chose who gets to speak on that show, so they shouldn't shoot fish in a barrel.

What, is JMV doing it now? That doesn't sound any better to me.

I'll say it again, if you want a real show to listen to late-afternoon, get XM and listen to SportsBash on ESPN radio. Best sports-talk there is, partly since Kornheiser and Kiper aren't around anymore.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, JMV is doing "The Drive" now where MPOS used to air.

I still contend that The Tony Kornheiser Show was the best thing on the radio. Too bad they ran him off.

Damned ESPN.

I think JMV is rather good

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think JMV is rather good
    He tries to hard to imitate that idiot Jim Rome.

I also think JMV does a credible job. I like JMV because he actually likes the NBA and pays attention to what is happening. Mark Patrick not only didn't like the NBA, but didn't follow the league with any regularity.

Maybe I like JMV because he likes Artest

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder

I still contend that The Tony Kornheiser Show was the best thing on the radio. Too bad they ran him off.

Damned ESPN.
    Two things on the Tony Kornheiser Show. 1. It was an ESPN radio thing-went to 950am before it: 2. stopped airing because Kornheiser wanted to focus his time on his writing and PTI. PTI can be heard on the radio on 950 AM.

My take on the JMV thing:

Patrick was very mean spirited. I tried to listen because it is the only sports radio show my car picks up on the North Side of Indy and its suburbs. JMV said on his first show that no ones ideas would be surpressed and so far he seems to be easy to listen to. Much better than the JMV of old with Patrick. Also, Tony Bruno is gone in the morning because he "could not come to terms with fox".

Things are looking up.

[edit=86=1099924686][/edit]
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac

Damned ESPN.
    Two things on the Tony Kornheiser Show. 1. It was an ESPN radio thing-went to 950am before it: 2. stopped airing because Kornheiser wanted to focus his time on his writing and PTI. PTI can be heard on the radio on 950 AM.

My take on the JMV thing:

Patrick was very mean spirited. I tried to listen because it is the only sports radio show my car picks up on the North Side of Indy and its suburbs. JMV said on his first show that no ones ideas would be surpressed and so far he seems to be easy to listen to. Much better than the JMV of old with Patrick. Also, Tony Bruno is gone in the morning because he "could not come to terms with fox".

Things are looking up.
    Yeah, I know Tony Kornheiser was on ESPN Radio. So? Haha.

They say he left because he wanted to focus more on writing and PTI, but I know he had past disagreements with management.

As for JMV on WNDE, I still contend that he tries to be too much like Jim Rome, the a$$clown.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mark Patrick's best days were when he was the morning DJ on WENS (yes, that was a respectable station at one time) when I was taking drivers ed in the mid-1980s.

I had no idea how crabby he would become. :

The Sports Daily with Mark Boyle (after Patrick went to television and before the Pacers went back to WIBC) (which included the studio clowns - Tim Bragg and Adam Ritz before he became whatever you want to call him) was the best sports radio show Indy ever had.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

JMV does sound like a poor mans Rome. Since I can't stane the real thing, I can only hope that JMV has changed his schtick.

What happened to MP??? Did they also take his AM show off too? Is he still syndicated or is he back to shilling lotto tix? How long has he been gone?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

They say he left because he wanted to focus more on writing and PTI, but I know he had past disagreements with management.
    It was almost definitely management that lead to him leaving. It was pretty apparent to me that he never got over his one-month "vacation" in the summer of '02. I assume last spring was his first chance out afterwards thanks to his contract.

The last few weeks of his show, and especially the last day, he heavily alluded to reasons he couldn't talk about for leaving, but did talk at length about how much he enjoyed and missed the guy who used to be in charge at ESPN radio.

He also said he hoped to be back on the radio in the forseeable future, even if he could only get a local show.

---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Southside_Pacer

Who's JMV?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    JMV does sound like a poor mans Rome. Since I can't stane the real thing, I can only hope that JMV has changed his schtick.

What happened to MP??? Did they also take his AM show off too? Is he still syndicated or is he back to shilling lotto tix? How long has he been gone?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    MPOS is on in the mornings on FOX before the VanEarl show. It just stated down here last week in place of Mike & Mike on ESPN.