Thread: Patriots Vs Tebow

Banned

Default Patriots Vs Tebow

I don't like either QB but I respect Brady way more because he is actually a real QB, I also want to see NE get destroyed by the Ravens

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Patriots Vs Tebow

Over in the first quarter. Yawn.

This game is over... really the Saints/Niners should've been the night game go figure.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah this one was over before it started.

If Denver hangs around then that Brady pick will prove to be very costly. NE was on the verge of ending this game in the first quarter.

Banned

Game over? no Tebow time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Denver hangs around then that Brady pick will prove to be very costly. NE was on the verge of ending this game in the first quarter.
    That won't be a problem

The Patriots are a complete paper tiger. They only played TWO teams with winning records in the regular season and lost to them both.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    That won't be a problem

I guess they had to settle for ending it in the second quarter. lol

What a mug job.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    The Patriots are a complete paper tiger. They only played TWO teams with winning records in the regular season and lost to them both.

What a joke.
    I'll be rooting for the Ravens/Texans winner to beat them. Yes its come to that....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Fox should put Quinn in the game....

This is why I was reluctant to share everyone else's glee when the Broncos beat the Steelers. I can't stand the Steelers, but they would have at least had a decent chance at beating NE tonight.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This is why I was reluctant to share everyone else's glee when the Broncos beat the Steelers. I can't stand the Steelers, but they would have at least had a decent chance at beating NE tonight.
    Exactly. I don't know of any team that has ever had an easier path to a SB than the 2011 Patriots. They were giftwrapped the #1 seed by playing a marshmallow soft schedule and lucked out by getting the 8-8 Broncos in their first playoff game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

What a joke.
    They played plenty of teams that had winning records at the time they played them, and beat them so bad that it ruined their season. The Jets were one of them.

24th ranked strength of schedule, better than the Packers, Saints, 49ers, Ravens, Steelers, and Texans, by the Sagarin ratings:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl11.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    They played plenty of teams that had winning records at the time they played them, and beat them so bad that it ruined their season. The Jets were one of them.

24th ranked strength of schedule, better than the Packers, Saints, 49ers, Ravens, Steelers, and Texans, by the Sagarin ratings:

I believe he was basing it on the records they had this season

In which case the Jets were 8-8 winning records are like 9-7 like the Giants.

If the Ravens get by the Texans then they will give NE a tough game. Baltimore punched NE in the mouth a couple years ago in the playoffs.

But yeah, I'd put my money on NE being in Indy.

NE is obviously playing well but the bottom line is Denver just sucks. They looked like crap in the last few weeks of the season and got into the playoffs by default. They then magically caught fire a week ago at home against a beat up Steelers squad a la the Seahawks against the Saints last year.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

NE sent no one into a tailspin. What a crock of absurd horse ****. Did you type that with a straight face? They last played the Jets in Week TEN. The Jets lost their next game against the Broncos then won three in a row.

If you are going to lie do it about an obscure topic.

What a crock of absurd horse ****. Did you type that with a straight face? ... If you are going to lie do it about an obscure topic.
    I quoted facts and gave you a link to back it up. Why are you so mad?

Jets had won three in a row before that game and the Patriots had lost two. It was billed as the battle for the AFC East- the 5-3 Jets vs. the 5-3 Patriots. Then the Jets gave up. Fatbutt Ryan conceeded the division in his postgame press conference, were 3-5 in the second half of the season (including the Pats game) after being 5-3 before it.

Every team the Patriots played through week 11 was .500 or above at the time they played them.

Another fact: The Eagles, Jets, Chargers, Broncos, Cowboys, and Raiders all had winning records vs. the rest of the league but the Pats loss dropped them to 0.500, they were 8-7, 8-6, 8-7, 8-7, 8-7, and 8-7, respectively.

So if you're gonna call me a liar, I suggest you consider FACTS.

Somehow going to the Super Bowl I bet you will discount them as having had "only one win against a winning team"
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-15-2012 at 04:55 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I wanted to root for Houston tomorrow, who, despite being a conference rival, I have a soft spot for, but now? I'll probably have to go with Baltimore, for the same reason people were pulling for Pittsburgh over Denver last week: They have a better shot at beating New England.

Then again, Houston has an excellent defense and a beastly running back...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:

Good thing that the Pacers/Celtics game(much more enjoyable BTW) was on at the same time as this one.

I quoted facts and gave you a link to back it up. Why are you so mad?

Jets had won three in a row before that game and the Patriots had lost two. It was billed as the battle for the AFC East- the 5-3 Jets vs. the 5-3 Patriots. Then the Jets gave up. Fatbutt Ryan conceeded the division in his postgame press conference, were 3-5 in the second half of the season (including the Pats game) after being 5-3 before it.

Every team the Patriots played through week 11 was .500 or above at the time they played them.

Another fact: The Eagles, Jets, Chargers, Broncos, Cowboys, and Raiders all had winning records vs. the rest of the league but the Pats loss dropped them to 0.500, they were 8-7, 8-6, 8-7, 8-7, 8-7, and 8-7, respectively.

So if you're gonna call me a liar, I suggest you consider FACTS.

Somehow going to the Super Bowl I bet you will discount them as having had "only one win against a winning team"
    Sorry bud, but you cannot pick and choose a team's record by limiting it to record versus non Patriot opponents.

The fact remains that the Jets won three and a row to get to 8-5, all after losing to the Patriots. How did NE send them into a tailspin then? You are a liar.

The Patriots played teams starting a backup QB or one that had been previously benched from weeks 11-14. What an incredibly lucky and soft schedule.

You can selectively interpret facts to suit your agenda- which is what you did by saying the Patriots played teams with .500 or better records through Week 11. That includes Week 1, when all teams were 0-0.

It's pathetic that you have to resort to such absurdity to deflect the simple fact that the Patriots beat NO ONE during the regular season.

Hey, the Ravens had a winning record.

Does it really matter enough to call people liars over a trivial issue such as strength of schedule? There is, THANK GOD, no BCS system to determine an NFL champion by polls.

Every single game on your schedule is determined by formula:

6 games against division opponents,
    4 games vs. the teams in one division in the other conference (rotating on a 4 year cycle),
    4 games vs. the teams in one division in your own conference (rotating on a 3 year cycle),
    and then two games against the two teams in the other divisions in your own conference that finished in the same position last year as you did in your division.

There is nobody "giving" you an easy schedule or hard schedule.

Based on last year's records, the Patriots were expected to have the 15th toughest schedule in the league: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

However, many of their opponents were worse than expected, especially late in the year when the Eagles, Jets, Chargers, Cowboys, and Raiders all fell out of playoff contention after being very much in playoff contention at the time when they played the Patriots.

Those are just the facts, dude

After beating the Ravens, the Patriots schedule strength by Sagarin ratings is now 20th, with an 8-2 record vs. the teams that are, by his formula, in the top half of the league. ""Pure points" has the Pats a 2.8 point favorite vs. the Giants. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just relaying data. Link if you think I am lying somehow: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagar...terstitialskip
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-24-2012 at 11:29 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post: