Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Deron we actually have a chance. A Real chance. without him we are fighting with Orlando and Philly for a 4th seed and looking for maybe one upset in the playoffs.
    We are fighting for 4th seed with Orland and Philly while Deron's team is fighting with the Pistons and the Bobcats.

While in Turkey, Deron managed to throw his team out of the Eurocup losing to Belgium's Dexia Mons.

Is he a great player? No doubt. Is it his fault for New Jersey's and Besiktas' downfalls? No. But I still don't feel that he can buy into the team concept that Vogel is promoting.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would give a call to AK47 he is rumored to be willing to come back if he gets paid well.
    AK47 is not coming to the NBA this year. He has confirmed that he is staying with CSKA this year.

There is no reason for Andrei to return, anyway. With CSKA he can win the Euroleague. He wants a championship and with the Jazz he is not going to get it this year.

Also, about Inferno. We have to factor in that players are human beings. Inferno may have certain short-comings in his offensive play but he seems that he is an amazing presence in the bench. If the other players like him, trading him away could hurt the overall morale.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I really can't make up my mind on this. Deron, Rondo, Monta? What's rumor and what's somewhat realistic? What has to be sacrificed to get any of them? I have my doubts that DC can ever be an elite PG, but is DC + whatever (Granger?) worth what's coming back in the form of one guy?

I'm not against any of them per se - extremely ambivalent is more like it. If we don't end up going after that level of player, I'd be very interested in adding a nice complementary contributor for our 2nd unit. Say somebody along the lines of Morrow, Barbosa, Batum.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I say no way to trading for Williams. This team is playing as a team and they are just scratching the surface on their potential. This team reminds me of the late 80's/early 90's team so much that I would rather see Bird not mess that up by 'renting' a player for the rest of the year, especially a cancerous one. I don't think Williams is worth paying a max contract for, he's not shown that he is worth the trouble he brings to the locker room. I think there will be better options as the deadline approaches than this one.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Can we add player for the sake of having draft picks?

But if we keep on winning might as well distribute the salary to all the players.