Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

Default Re: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

I really doubt we go for chandler or Smith. They would kill our chemistry. I would love a dunleavy type player who could just come in and be the outside shooting spark we need.

Ideally, you're looking for a highly mature & professional player with a winning record who's played on solid teams. A guy who is a lights-out shooter from deep, and isn't a sieve on D. A guy who can learn the offense and defense quickly. And a guy who's slightly overpaid on a luxury tax team, because you don't want to disrupt what we've got going on here in order to get that guy.

I don't see that guy out there. A better idea would be for Indy to buy some good draft picks by taking on guys that won't necessarily be part of the rotation but are killing some team's balance sheet.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ideally, you're looking for a highly mature & professional player with a winning record who's played on solid teams. A guy who is a lights-out shooter from deep, and isn't a sieve on D. A guy who can learn the offense and defense quickly. And a guy who's slightly overpaid on a luxury tax team, because you don't want to disrupt what we've got going on here in order to get that guy.

I don't see that guy out there. A better idea would be for Indy to buy some good draft picks by taking on guys that won't necessarily be part of the rotation but are killing some team's balance sheet.
    Ironic enough, given his comments about West..but Ray certainly fits that description.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

The more I have thought about this today the more I am coming to this conclusion.

If were are playing above .600% in March I have no interest in a trade for anyone not named Dwight Howard, LeBron James or Derrick Rose.

I think right now one of the biggest strengths of our team is exactly that, it's a team. The chemistry for our club right now is at an all time high, I'm talking as good as the team chemistry was for the 94-00 Pacers (I'm not saying this team is as good but chemistry wise I think it is).

I think bringing anyone else into the mix that is not a truly elite player who all by themselves can make or break a team would only foul things up.

People keep saying we need a scorer off of the bench or a deadeye shooter if you will. I say have you seen George Hill lately? Tell me what a Jamaal Crawford would add to the team that George wouldn't over the past five games. I'll tell you what he would bring and that is less defense.

Your going to say that you would replace Lance with him, well that's all well and good but again that puts George in a different role and right now I am not willing to change anybody's role on the team.

Now I'm willing to change my mind if when we hit the real rough patch that we become a losing team, but for whatever reason right now I don't believe we will. Call it being a homer, call it being a mark for Frank Vogel or call it someone who just believes I don't care.

But I love my team right now and frankly if I were honest I really would rather win with what we have than even trade for one of the ringers. The realist in me knows that you have to make that move if you can but the Pacer fan in me wants to believe that a group of basically no name players can rise up under the right coach and become that one special team that hasn't existed since the Pistons did it half a decade ago.

This message has been brought to you in part by "homerism". Homerism making dreams come true since sparta.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    The more I have thought about this today the more I am coming to this conclusion.

If were are playing above .600% in March I have no interest in a trade for anyone not named Dwight Howard, LeBron James or Derrick Rose.

I think right now one of the biggest strengths of our team is exactly that, it's a team. The chemistry for our club right now is at an all time high, I'm talking as good as the team chemistry was for the 94-00 Pacers (I'm not saying this team is as good but chemistry wise I think it is).

I think bringing anyone else into the mix that is not a truly elite player who all by themselves can make or break a team would only foul things up.

People keep saying we need a scorer off of the bench or a deadeye shooter if you will. I say have you seen George Hill lately? Tell me what a Jamaal Crawford would add to the team that George wouldn't over the past five games. I'll tell you what he would bring and that is less defense.

Your going to say that you would replace Lance with him, well that's all well and good but again that puts George in a different role and right now I am not willing to change anybody's role on the team.

Now I'm willing to change my mind if when we hit the real rough patch that we become a losing team, but for whatever reason right now I don't believe we will. Call it being a homer, call it being a mark for Frank Vogel or call it someone who just believes I don't care.

But I love my team right now and frankly if I were honest I really would rather win with what we have than even trade for one of the ringers. The realist in me knows that you have to make that move if you can but the Pacer fan in me wants to believe that a group of basically no name players can rise up under the right coach and become that one special team that hasn't existed since the Pistons did it half a decade ago.

This message has been brought to you in part by "homerism". Homerism making dreams come true since sparta.
    Nice.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

I don't see that guy out there.
    Wesley Matthews from Portland?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    I would definitely consider trading Granger and Collison for an All-Star point guard. We're extremely unlikely to get a top point guard unless we make a deal for one. Hibbert and Paul George are the most important players for this team's future, and pairing a top point guard with them would be great. I'd prefer Rondo over D. Williams due to the differences in salary, but Williams would also be a great asset to this team if he would be interested in coming here long-term.
    I don't get why people are so down on Collison. He has played very well this season and IS STILL IMPROVING! His vision is the only thing he really needs to concentrate on and I believe it has improved a decent amount compared to last season. He is doing a very good job at running the offense and has developed into a young leader for this team. Plus, the guy has had pure ice in his veins from 3 point land. I don't know how many times he has just pulled up and drained it when we needed a spark. It just seems to me that whenever he has been very efficient on both sides of the court.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Assuming that Bird is smart enough to get a 'Team Player' and not a 'Me Player' with veteran Playoff experience that is 'all talent and no brains' that buys into the system, I don't see any problem with acquiring a Player that would essentially be taking Inferno's or Lance's minutes. The core at the PG/SG/SF rotation is DC/PG/Granger/GH....as long as that core of Players remain intact....adding the right Player would be a step in the right direction.

I know that many here pin their hopes on Lance..but he hasn't shown me enough to think that he's going to take us to the next level. The majority of you guys hate Inferno and hate when he steps onto the court, so getting a SF or WingMan that can buys into the kool-aid that Bird is selling IMHO won't hurt chemistry all that much.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think Collison is having a great season and is worth more to us than he would be in a trade. Granger is definitely in the same boat.

I would have loved to replace Dahntay Jones' minutes with someone else a few games ago, but he has been very conscious about not putting his head down and driving the last few games. His defense, ability to get to the line and energy are perfect for the 8th-9th guy on this team.

I wouldn't change a thing... for now

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    Not Wesley Matthews, they just signed him.
    It would be Batum or Gerald Wallace....I read that the Blazers aren't interested in signing both to an extension.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Batum_Wallace

I'd easily offer a 1st round pick and capspace for either....but I doubt that they'd be interested.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It would be Batum or Gerald Wallace....I read that the Blazers aren't interested in signing both to an extension.

I'd easily offer a 1st round pick and capspace for either....but I doubt that they'd be interested.
    Imagining Gerald Wallace with our second unit *schwing*

These types of trades would make sense for the Pacers. If you can get a guy who can play a role without disrupting things that doesn't need the ball a ton to be effective, that could put us in to the next level.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jessen View Post
    I don't get why people are so down on Collison. He has played very well this season and IS STILL IMPROVING! His vision is the only thing he really needs to concentrate on and I believe it has improved a decent amount compared to last season. He is doing a very good job at running the offense and has developed into a young leader for this team. Plus, the guy has had pure ice in his veins from 3 point land. I don't know how many times he has just pulled up and drained it when we needed a spark. It just seems to me that whenever he has been very efficient on both sides of the court.
    I'm not down on him, but he is not, nor ever will be elite. Do we HAVE to have an elite PG? NO, but to be an elite team, IMO we need to have an elite PLAYER. PGeorge could be that some day, but not now. ADD a DWill or a Rondo to this roster w/o blowing it up, & we could be an elite team. IMO DWill & Rondo are elite, & would instantly make us much better. The price does matter though, which is why I am a Rondo supporter. I do not want to give up more than 1 of the top 7 core pieces, along w/ cap space & picks, so that factors in. DC also happens to play the position I most want to upgrade, & plays the position that the player of topic also plays.
    Last edited by PacerGuy; 01-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Imagining Gerald Wallace with our second unit *schwing*

These types of trades would make sense for the Pacers. If you can get a guy who can play a role without disrupting things that doesn't need the ball a ton to be effective, that could put us in to the next level.

they refused to trade Gerald Wallace for 4 1st rd picks they backed out because they are so high on him. I highly doubt he is going anywhere he would start over Granger or George BTW if we got him IMO he is the perfect fit though he is smash mouth we should of traded for him when he was with the Bobcats.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Hope we could end up getting a true backup SF somehow.
    If Dallas really does make a run at dwight and dwill, I would love to take shawn marion off their hands. he would be a great addition.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

this is what I don't get, many of you think that we should see what happens with this lineup...yet loathe when Inferno....one of the key rotational Players now getting a smaller but consistent number of minutes...steps onto the court.

I agree with many of you that would like to see where this group takes us while not 'making a move just to make a move', but if the opportunity presents itself to improve the lineup without disrupting the minutes and chemistry of DC/PG/Granger/GH ... I'm all for it. I like what we have now, but I refuse to believe that we can't get a Player that would be an improvement over Inferno. If Bird targets the right guy, I don't believe that Team chemistry will be an issue.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-15-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    Hmm. Interesting thought. Quite the contract he's got... Aren't they still somewhat high on him?

EDIT: Whoops. Further reading of the thread answers that question.
    Last edited by Anthem; 01-15-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Gerald Wallace has a player option for next season 11.5mil.
    Nicolas Batum is RFA for 3.1mil.

Safe to say Wallace will be there 1 more year, unless they trade him.
    I would rather have Batum, he is a great player. Better all around skill set then Wallace.

Unless a trade is done for Batum, guess Pacers won't go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I think Collison is having a great season...
    I would have loved to replace Dahntay Jones' minutes with someone else a few games ago, but he has been very conscious about not putting his head down and driving the last few games. His defense, ability to get to the line and energy are perfect for the 8th-9th guy on this team.

I wouldn't change a thing... for now
    I'm right with you, unless a huge upside trade was to come up. I'd like to see what the trade dead line will have to offer. Picking up a Ray Allen or JO or somebody at the deadline for cap relief would be great. An addition to the team to help finish the season and go into the playoffs is what I figure will happen. But, ya never know, might see a trade happen.

It would be really nice if Stephenson blew up this season. It's the perfect time to trade him.

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would give a call to AK47 he is rumored to be willing to come back if he gets paid well.

Also would call the Jazz about Josh Howard and maybe Raja Bell wouldn't trade for Bell unless it was basically for free. They should trade one to open up PT for Burks and CJ and Hayward. Raja needs to be traded he is useless on a rebuilding team.

but he is a good passer and shooter and good defender he would help ball movement for the 2nd unit*

Lance has 0 value and even if he plays well i dont think anyone values him as highly as Bird
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gerald Wallace would definitely be Smashmouth

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    You don't do this deal at all. Team chemistry will be ruined
    You guys are ridiculous sometimes. We actually get a decent team (not great) decent and we are all up in arms for the idea of having one of the best players in all of the NBA and a true superstar.

Gee, what a tough one.

With Deron we actually have a chance. A Real chance. without him we are fighting with Orlando and Philly for a 4th seed and looking for maybe one upset in the playoffs.

Here's an idea: How about an NBA Championship? You know... an *actual* ring.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

33. The Following User Says Thank You to A.B.Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Banned

I could see the Pacers making some small trades to get ready for the playoffs nothing else.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Gerald Wallace has a player option for next season 11.5mil.
    Nicolas Batum is RFA for 3.1mil.

Safe to say Wallace will be there 1 more year, unless they trade him.
    I would rather have Batum, he is a great player. Better all around skill set then Wallace.

Unless a trade is done for Batum, guess Pacers won't go after him.
    I'd trade a 1st round pick for Batum.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I'd trade a 1st round pick for Batum.
    Me too, if done as a S&T. I think he has tremendous potential. For a 6'8" man he has fantastic shooting skills at age 23. I would imagine they will get him resigned tho.