Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade Deadline(March 15,2012) Who the pacers add...

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is a pure random question....what happened to Devin Harris? He fell off the map
    Never really liked him as a player, although he did look to be something special the year he made the All-Star game along with Danny. He is on the Jazz, don't have any idea what kind of numbers he's putting up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why trade for Deron when you have a great chance at signing him in the off season?

Deron Williams is going to Dallas this offseason.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Why trade for Deron when you have a great chance at signing him in the off season?
    See my post...watch the Knicks offer up BDiddy and Amare to the Nets the second that Dwight goes to the LaLaLand.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If we are still playing .750% ball at the trade deadline the only trade I would be interested in would be for Dwight Howard himself and even then I would have to think about what we are giving up.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

March 15th? That's so long from now...we have no idea what the landscape of the NBA will look like by then. I'm enjoying the ride right now and I don't see any real reason to mess with the team's makeup yet. Let's just see where the season takes us, Larry has been a slow play GM so far and I trust him on that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Ever since it was first mentioned a while back and also earlier in this thread, but the prospect of having wilson chandler on this team would be insane. The amount of depth for our team would just be ridiculous. I forget what his situation is but I think he's a restricted free agent so not sure what kind of money we'd be giving up to get him.

Do we want to mess with our roster right before the playoffs? Aren't we going to start gelling around that time? This team has not reached its ceiling, you could risk disturbing our chemistry with trades. I say, we can provide cash and filler only.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would love to add a long defensive shot blocker which is the only thing we lack besides another wing who can score off the bench.

But we can address one of those two or maybe both of those in the draft.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Teams looking to shed salary to get under the cap where there will be opportunities to take on some assets while using the Capspace that we have.

The Pacers have a $43 mil Salary Cap in 2011 and $36 mil in 2012.

Below are the Teams that have a salarycap over $60 mil ( according to Hoopsworld ) in 2011:

Lakers - $88 mil
    Celtics - $77 mil
    Miami - $76 mil
    Spurs - $74 mil
    Mavs - $74 mil
    Hawks - $72 mil
    Grizzlies - $71 mil
    Magic - $71 mil
    Blazers - $71 mil
    I'd offer the Celtics cap space and our 2012 first for Ray Allen. Dude can still play. Maybe offer to take J.O. as well for added big man depth.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    A few questions....what is the minimum Salary that we have to have at the end of the 2011 Season?

Knowing this...it will give us an idea about how much Salary that we can absorb in any deal.
    Min. salary is about $50m, but we're above that. Posey's amnestied contract counts toward the min, but not towards cap space. We have about $15m in cap space remaining for 2011.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I'd offer the Celtics cap space and our 2012 first for Ray Allen. Dude can still play. .
    That would add some nice irony to his David West comments.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

If Deron Williams would sign a long term contract with us, DC + Granger to New Jersey for DWill is a move that would get us to championship levels.

We add one more offensive spark for 5 mill or so, and Granger's scoring is replaced by DWest recovering from injury, Hibbert, Hill, Hans, and George stepping up, and Deron Williams himself.

Losing Granger would hurt, but you have to give to get. No pain, no gain. How else will we obtain a first rate point guard?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't want to lose any of the core members. As some have mentioned, I would really only be interested in a backup wing. As we saw in Philly game without Granger and Hill, you in rough shape with just Dahntay and Stephenson running with Paul George.

Getting Smith or Chandler from China would be nice as you don't have to lose anything. My only worry would be finding a player like that enough minutes without ruining the rotation.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I wouldn't want to lose any of the core members. As some have mentioned, I would really only be interested in a backup wing. As we saw in Philly game without Granger and Hill, you in rough shape with just Dahntay and Stephenson running with Paul George.

Getting Smith or Chandler from China would be nice as you don't have to lose anything. My only worry would be finding a player like that enough minutes without ruining the rotation.
    They could gladly take Dahntay's minutes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    They could gladly take Dahntay's minutes.
    Yeah, but how many minutes does Dahntay get a game? Pretty sure Chandler and Jr Smith would want more than that.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    If Deron Williams would sign a long term contract with us, DC + Granger to New Jersey for DWill is a move that would get us to championship levels.

We add one more offensive spark for 5 mill or so, and Granger's scoring is replaced by DWest recovering from injury, Hibbert, Hill, Hans, and George stepping up, and Deron Williams himself.

Losing Granger would hurt, but you have to give to get. No pain, no gain. How else will we obtain a first rate point guard?
    I agree that if there is no Howard to NJ deal, DWill goes to Dallas this off season. He will also want max type $. This is why I want Rondo. Already signed to a 10+'ish mil/yr deal, better defender, & a distributor first style. Get him for DC/cap/picks & you have significantly upgraded & are just as deep. Also makes IN more attractive, be it for EJ or others to either request to come here via trade or as a FA. We would be a real threat if that could happen IMO.
    (Diva concerns don't concern me much, product of environment IMO.)
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    I agree that if there is no Howard to NJ deal, DWill goes to Dallas this off season. He will also want max type $. This is why I want Rondo. Already signed to a 10+'ish mil/yr deal, better defender, & a distributor first style. Get him for DC/cap/picks & you have significantly upgraded & are just as deep. Also makes IN more attractive, be it for EJ or others to either request to come here via trade or as a FA. We would be a real threat if that could happen IMO.
    (Diva concerns don't concern me much, product of environment IMO.)
    I agree. Rondo would be be a better fit for this team, and he's locked in through 2015 at a value priced contract for what he brings. I'd much rather have Rondo at 10 mil then Williams at 17 mil. We wouldn't make a trade for Williams unless he agreed to sign with us anyway.
    We could ride out the season, then trade West and DC for Rondo. We'd actually have more cap space to go after a pf/c type player this offseason. West is a closer fit salary wise and I'd rather move West then Granger. If they'd want a 1st., a 2cd. and DC for cap relief, then I'd say do that as well. I would think the Celtics place a very high value on Rondo and I don't know what it would take to land him.

I still think whatever move the Pacers make it will be small if our record is quite good. If we start to lose to playoff quality teams, I could see Bird and Co looking to make a bigger splash.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I agree. Rondo would be be a better fit for this team, and he's locked in through 2015 at a value priced contract for what he brings. I'd much rather have Rondo at 10 mil then Williams at 17 mil. We wouldn't make a trade for Williams unless he agreed to sign with us anyway.
    We could ride out the season, then trade West and DC for Rondo. We'd actually have more cap space to go after a pf/c type player this offseason. West is a closer fit salary wise and I'd rather move West then Granger. If they'd want a 1st., a 2cd. and DC for cap relief, then I'd say do that as well. I would think the Celtics place a very high value on Rondo and I don't know what it would take to land him.
    Hell, I'd throw in Lance too. And I like Lance. Rondo would be a great fit for this team. Our defense would seriously upgrade.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

I'd say no one right now unless it is for straight up cap space. Our team is really starting to come together and if things progress I'd want us to just add a scorer at the 2 spot to the bench. In a perfect world Ray Allen would fit this team well, but I don't see him embracing that role and his DW comments might make for an interesting reunion. I see us probably picking up a spot up shooter if any, a Korver or Reddick type.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I'd say no one right now unless it is for straight up cap space. Our team is really starting to come together and if things progress I'd want us to just add a scorer at the 2 spot to the bench. In a perfect world Ray Allen would fit this team well, but I don't see him embracing that role and his DW comments might make for an interesting reunion. I see us probably picking up a spot up shooter if any, a Korver or Reddick type.
    I'd love to have Redick, and we could get him for mere cap space and a pick. If I'm being naive when I say that, they may want a backup big man as well, and then you'd include Lou or Jeff P. Orlando is in cap jail and $6M is going to a backup.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

I would definitely consider trading Granger and Collison for an All-Star point guard. We're extremely unlikely to get a top point guard unless we make a deal for one. Hibbert and Paul George are the most important players for this team's future, and pairing a top point guard with them would be great. I'd prefer Rondo over D. Williams due to the differences in salary, but Williams would also be a great asset to this team if he would be interested in coming here long-term.

Seems like trading for Williams is likelier than trading for Rondo. What do we have that the Celtics want? Sure, they would have traded Rondo for CP3.

Well, then again, Doc might want Tyler, considering how he is mauling his present roster. But I want us to keep Tyler, for those same reasons.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd love to sign Steve Nash and Wilson Chandler this offseason.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Yeah, but how many minutes does Dahntay get a game? Pretty sure Chandler and Jr Smith would want more than that.
    You can guarantee a minimum of 24 and up to 28 mpg at the
    SG/SF rotation if you cut the rotation to DC/PG/Granger/GH while removing Lance and Inferno from the rotation where everyone gets Starter or key rotational minutes.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-15-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.