Thread: Primoz goes for 20 and 10 while the Bobcats win their first game

Default Primoz goes for 20 and 10 while the Bobcats win their first game

Bobcats Grab First Ever Win

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 6 (Ticker) -- Coach Bernie Bickerstaff told the Charlotte Bobcats to settle down and relax. By doing so, they made history.

The expansion Bobcats won for the first time, defeating the Orlando Magic, 111-100 behind 20 points and 10 rebounds from Primoz Brezec.

Bickerstaff said his players were too excited and hyperventilating during their opening night loss to Washington and urged them to take it easy as the season progresses.

Charlotte (1-1) held Orlando without a basket for more than 4 1/2 minutes late in the second quarter to take 49-42 halftime lead. The Magic shot just 28 percent (11-of-28) from the field in the opening two periods.

The Bobcats kept up the intensity with a 15-2 run to start the third quarter, highlighted by an alley-oop pass from Jason Hart to Gerald Wallace, whose one-handed dunk made it 64-44. Wallace scored 18 points and Hart added 14 and 11 assists.

Emeka Okafor got the better of Dwight Howard in their first matchup as the top two picks in June's draft. Okafor, selected second after the Magic chose Howard, had 12 points and 14 rebounds while Howard managed five and 12.

Steve Francis, who hit game-winning buckets in Orlando's first two contests, fouled out with just nine points. The Magic (2-1) failed in a bid to open with three straight wins for the first time since 1993.

Orlando's Cuttino Mobley scored 17 of his 23 points in the fourth quarter before fouling out in the final minute.

---

Yeah, I know we've got Harrison. But I'm still bummed about losing Primoz.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Primoz goes for 20 and 10 while the Bobcats win their first game

Primoz, my man!

I watched part of the game, he looked really good.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Primoz .........................
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Burt_Reincarnated

I'm tellin ya all Primoz is gonna be an all star. And Okafor ROY.

remind me now,

did we actually waste one of our 8 protected spots on Reggie Miller, just so as to not "disrespect" him, when there is no way he would have been picked?

I'm not bashing Reggie-- he's still my favorite Pacer-- but the cahnce of him being picked was darn near zero
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Primoz has been stellar over there... it shows how deep this Indy team really was.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    remind me now,

did we actually waste one of our 8 protected spots on Reggie Miller, just so as to not "disrespect" him, when there is no way he would have been picked?

I'm not bashing Reggie-- he's still my favorite Pacer-- but the cahnce of him being picked was darn near zero
    That is so true...Charlotte would never have done that and disrespected the Pacers franchise.

I love how people sometimes say "Imagine if we still had Brad..."

I can just hear the future..."Imagine if we still had Primoz..."

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    remind me now,

That is so true...Charlotte would never have done that and disrespected the Pacers franchise.

I love how people sometimes say "Imagine if we still had Brad..."

I can just hear the future..."Imagine if we still had Primoz..."
    I know we better not be saying that after this season we better be smoking a victory cigar.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions