Thread: Game Reports Go Here

Default Game Reports Go Here

Surely somebody saw this game.

Why was Pollard out? Their lines don't look great, but how did JJ / Harrison do?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Game Reports Go Here

JJ was ehh...He did make at least one good shot, a three; and from where I was positioned, he almost looked like Reggie shooting from downtown.

Harrison played quite well. Started the game off with a slam dunk. I was impressed by his defense.

Pollard went trick-or-treating last Sunday; that's all I know....

Just got back from the game. Nothing really new to report. Pollard did not play due to back problems. Harrison started, played fairly well, he certainly can get tough rebounds. But he has to to get into better shpae after a few times down the floor he is spent. If he ever gets into great shape and gets some experience, who knows how good he can be.

Pacers had way too many turnovers, but that was partly due to Dick Bevetta calling the game, he loves to call three seconds, offensive fouls and traveling.

Tinsley was throwing the ball all over the place tonight though.

Interesting trend, the pacers made their best spurt of the game like they did the night before with J.O and Artest both on the bench.

Freddie Jones was on fire from the three point line tonight, he has looked so so good this season and when you consider he was injuured all summer, I wonder how good he is going to be.

Jackson got it going offensively, that was good to see.

Did the Pacers take too many threes, Yes, but that was partly because the Bulls played a lot of zone.

Bulls played hard, but they lack talent and experience of any kind.

They said during the game that Pollard had a sore back. Harrison didn't play terribly, but he's still doing the rookie thing of picking up cheap fouls.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

2 words Freddie Jones.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

FJ played a great third
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Freddie was freakin' awesome tonight. Four straight three pointers and the Bulls kept leaving him open.

JJ played decently. Played within the system and played pretty good D to boot.

Harrison was decent. I was shocked that he started, but I guess Polly was hurt.

No Bender tonight.

Tinsley was off, but still amassed 12 assists.

JO got a double-double off the bench.

SJax added a very quiet 24 points.

Ronnie was in foul trouble most of the night, but looked good early and in the shootaround an hour or so before game time.

The Bulls like to gun threes. Luol Deng was incredible, and Ben Gordan looked very good too. Hinrich fouled out in the 3rd, I beleive. He wasn't much of a factor tonight.

Our offense looks improved over last year, but our defense is a mess right now. It just looks like a shell of what it did last year.

Shade I agree with you about our defense. It is no where near what it needs to be. But that is understandable not having Foster, and with J.O being in and out the interior defense has been poor. Pollard and Croshere are just not as good defensively as J.O and Foster. And the loss of Al has hurt the interior defense a little.

But the perimeter defense is better than ever

Default There were too many fouls in the game, but...

I especially enjoyed the three consecutive offensive fouls on Chicago...

I can't believe how well Deng played. I saw him at Duke, and was 99% positive that he'd made a huge mistake coming out that early. Now, I think he could be an all-star by year 3 or 4. Maybe Duke's system was stifling his game? And how do the Bulls NOT start him?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe how well Deng played. I saw him at Duke, and was 99% positive that he'd made a huge mistake coming out that early. Now, I think he could be an all-star by year 3 or 4. Maybe Duke's system was stifling his game? And how do the Bulls NOT start him?
    He looked very good, but I'm not convinced he is as good a shooter as he appeared to be last night. He looks like a great athlete though.

The guy I really wonder about is Ben Gordon. He is the guy we were supposeably trying to trade up to get as a SG. The guy is real small, no way he's 6-3. Fred is much bigger than him and some people say he's to small for a full time SG. If Ben can't play PG I don't see him being much of a NBA player in the long run.

"Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Gill blew my mind with his effort/performance.