Thread: 2,000 tickets left for tonight

Default 2,000 tickets left for tonight

Pretty sad if they can't sell out a home opener on a Saturday night. Pacers are a championship contender aren't they. All the tickets that are left are $30.00 or less. No reason not to sell this game out.
    [edit=24=1099751952][/edit]

Default Re: 2,000 tickets left for tonight

woman without a team

The fact that we're playing the Bulls is a pretty good reason IMO. And besides, the less people who show up the better chance I have of getting a Pacer calender.e:

Oh, UB, there are reasons...

:quit*****ing:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I already have my ticket. e:

I can't go...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

Me neither...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is pretty pathetic if we can't sell out our home opener.I don't care who were playing agianst you think Sacramento fans would care who their playing agianst?I'm glad NBA doesn't use blackout rules.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This is always a touchy topic...I'll stay away from it this time.

sweabs

Hoosier Rebel...welcome to the boards...post as often as you wish with an avatar like that

I might be going up there tonight. Depends on how my girlfriend feels after she gets off work.

a) As Grace said, we're playing the Bulls, who, besides sucking big time, were also here last week.

b) People are put off by the whole Hollywood theme. They're afraid of the paparazzi.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Let's not start this already. It's the Bulls. Besides, that number will be reduced by walk-ups.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

And there are always guys like me who love the team to death, but don't have a strong desire to attend in person that often. I enjoy when I go, but it's never been something I'm dieing to do a lot, and you all know I love this team. I'm sure I'm not the only Pacers fan like that. I think that accounts for at least a little of it.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there are always guys like me who love the team to death, but don't have a strong desire to attend in person that often. I enjoy when I go, but it's never been something I'm dieing to do a lot, and you all know I love this team. I'm sure I'm not the only Pacers fan like that. I think that accounts for at least a little of it.
    I love this team and I will go at any chance I have.But I do understand that some people like to watch these games in the comfort of their own home.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Reggie's not playing. Why go?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Well, I did my part, and I'm a poor college student.

It was fun, though. I had a good time.

I think the game ended up being close to a sellout.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

WISH-TV reported it as a sellout.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sellout is 18,345. Attendance was listed as just over 18,000, but I was there and there were large sections of the balcony that were emplty, which signals unsold tickets
    [edit=24=1099837340][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Sellout is 18,345. Attendance was listed as just over 18,000, but I was there and there were large sections of the balcony that were emplty, which signals unsold tickets
    That, or people just didn't sit in their seats, or maybe they bought the tickets and weren't able to come and weren't able to give them to anybody. There are so many reasons for empty seats other than they were "unsold"...

MSA, when you see like ten large rows in one section completely empty, that means those tickets were not sold. If you see scattered empty seats, then yes those are likely sold tickets but just no shows. It is rather easy to tell the difference.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Question - aren't teams required to hold back a certain number of tickets at the $10 or so level for each game? Does anybody know how many that is?

That would mean that even for a game that is an advance sellout, there would be a certain number of tickets available the day of the game - and wasn't that the reason for it?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    Question - aren't teams required to hold back a certain number of tickets at the $10 or so level for each game? Does anybody know how many that is?

That would mean that even for a game that is an advance sellout, there would be a certain number of tickets available the day of the game - and wasn't that the reason for it?

Every team is required to have at least five hundred $10.00 tickets. But they are not required to hold them back. No team is required to have a certain number of tickets available on the day of the game.

Every team in the league would gladly sell every ticket in advance.

There might be a few teams that would hold some single game tickets and choose to not sell those tickets as part of a season ticket sales. But season ticket sales are the life blood of every NBA franchise.

Do you see what I see.....

Guess not.