Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Granger embarrassed himself

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    High School and College do much better then the NBA.
    ...first of all, that's totally untrue. It's like saying high school and college players are better than NBA players.

Secondly, it can appear that way because the players are half as fast and half as athletic, making the game itself much, much easier to officiate.

I remember the NFL pregame years back talking how much the NFL would lose if the Cinderella Colts was to beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game and then the Refs robbed it from the colts several hours later, not just once in that game but several bad calls and 2 game changing calls.

The Packers getting robbed from the refs in the Saints victory to the Superbowl. The Saint's was going to win it all no matter what. The league, media, ESPN...They all had a fan fair for more then 3 weeks with all the stories. Everyone that had any involvement in this gained so much in the money market.
    Totally agree. All superbowls are fixed. The superbowl the Colts were handed against the small-market Chicago Bears, they should give that one back too.

I don't know if games are fixed, but I can say that I wonder at times. I can also say that because the refs have to call more calls is no excuse.
    you see what you want to see. Dosn't make it real. You also have no idea how tough the jobs of NBA officials are, or how many things they have to keep an eye on at any given point. It's easy for some guy on a couch to watch 3 zoom-in replays after the fact and call an official terrible.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ...first of all, that's totally untrue. It's like saying high school and college players are better than NBA players.

No, I guess it is in your mind, but not mine!

Secondly, it can appear that way because the players are half as fast and half as athletic, making the game itself much, much easier to officiate.

Nonsense

Totally agree. All superbowls are fixed. The superbowl the Colts were handed against the small-market Chicago Bears, they should give that one back too.

You should maybe make that green since you actually don't agree!

you see what you want to see. Dosn't make it real. You also have no idea how tough the jobs of NBA officials are, or how many things they have to keep an eye on at any given point. It's easy for some guy on a couch to watch 3 zoom-in replays after the fact and call an official terrible.

You have no Idea what I do, Once again you are under assumption of your mirrored self!

Banned

Has anybody notice that Kstat has been thanking people left and right today? is Kstat getting soft? ........

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    I want to congratulate Granger! Those refs last night were trying to do us in for a good fixing. The Raptors were hacking us left and right and no calls. Granger was right to complain about not getting fouled right there, though he does complain way too much when the refs swallow the whistle. But sometimes it is good to get a tech, just like coaches do to prove a point when the officiating is horrible.

I remember hearing the announcers say West went over and talked to a league official that was in attendance. I think the NBA knows it's image is seriously eroded because of the obvious occasional fixing of games. I think the NBA is making a concentrated effort to get this thing right because the second half was actually officiated fairly after a **** poor first half. Maybe the league official had a talk with the refs? I'm not saying this game was fixed, but the officials do give home teams advantages most of the time until super star teams come to town.

Anyways, Ed Davis was talking a lot of trash and fouling hard. He deserved to be taunted at that point. Granger made a top 10 block for maybe the whole year right there. I really dislike the Raptors, and so do the Pacers. But it comes with the territory of winning and being smash mouth. You aren't going to win many friends. I like how Jordan used to do it. He would be all buddy buddy off the court, but on the court he would cut your throat and leave you for dead.

So props Granger. Don't take **** from no one in this league. It was a ******** call for taunting and I hope you really bring some of that intensity with you tonight against the Celtics! And to all the Danny hate I have seen the last week, **** off trolls. Dude is still a great players for us, and our best. He is not going to shoot 30 percent all year. Wait until he catches fire and you get to see how good this team is with a non slumping Granger. But his offense will never be as good as it was, and that comes with being one of the top defenders in the NBA. You can't be that great on defense and still be a stellar offensive option all the time.

Look at the Heat. They aren't playing a lick of defense right now and are on a 3 game slid. But hey Lebron put up 35 right? And played horrible defense but as long as he scores a lot and makes it look good who cares about winning because this game is just about who makes the All-Star game and is a super-star...No it isn't, it is about winning. Danny is doing all the things that are helping us to win. He is playing better defense than any super-star wing you can name at this point and we are winning because of it.
    lol found your post refreshing

The fact is that the nba had a crooked ref and nobody noticed.
    Last edited by speakout4; 01-14-2012 at 06:44 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Some people on this board are just ridiculous and refuse to be happy unless if they get exactly what they want.
    Happiness is subjective. You can get exactly what you want and it still not be enough. Michael Jackson is prove of that.

i kind of liked the staredown. it's a shame they call those. more staredowns and choke signs, please!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Conspiracy theories are just that (most of the time, but certainly in this case). Basketball at such a high level is much, much harder to officiate than almost any sport, for aforementioned reasons.

There isn't blatant manipulation to anywhere near the extent that some of you are implying, it's especially laughable that anyone would gleam evidence of this from a game against the effing Toronto Raptors

The stakes are too high to risk getting caught doing such a thing. Having their preferred teams win isn't worth the risk of the harm that would be done if evidence of blatant fixing were to surface. Why not take the infinitely more parsimonious explanation that sometimes refs miss calls, especially in basketball, which is faster and more difficult to officiate at this level than almost any other sport, the guys are human, sheesh.
    Last edited by daschysta; 01-14-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Conspiracy theories are just that (most of the time, but certainly in this case). Basketball at such a high level is much, much harder to officiate than almost any sport, for aforementioned reasons.

There isn't blatant manipulation to anywhere near the extent that some of you are implying, it's especially laughable that anyone would gleam evidence of this from a game against the effing Toronto Raptors

The stakes are too high to risk getting caught doing such a thing. Having their preferred teams win isn't worth the risk of the harm that would be done if evidence of blatant fixing were to surface. Why not take the infinitely more parsimonious explanation that sometimes refs miss calls, especially in basketball, which is faster and more difficult to officiate at this level than almost any other sport, the guys are human, sheesh.
    Javie had an ongoing personal vendetta with iverson for years; Crawford would throw out players who gave him a bad look and effect the outcome of the game; Donahue was an out and out crook; Bavetta would call fouls on another player so a player with too many fouls wouldn't have to leave the game (he wasn't called knick Bavetta for nothing); yes they are human!

Sometimes you just have to see the obvious.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    While I get what you're saying, NBA officiating is by far worse than any other pro sport's officiating. It's inexcusably bad. That's what I compare it to. Not computers, other humans/leagues who manage to do much better.
    NFL defensive backs disagree vehemently.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    High School and College do much better then the NBA
    I can tell you first hand that this is incorrect. Very few in college basketball feel this way. Its not even up for debate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    i kind of liked the staredown. it's a shame they call those. more staredowns and choke signs, please!
    I am pretty sure that I saw something more than just an staredown, Danny was bad mouthing the guy in front of the officials, who even know what he was telling the guy? at the end of the day Danny was stupid and deserved the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    Staring somebody down isn't tough. I know lots of clowns who can try to stare you down after they make a play.

Banging on you and making plays all game long is tough. Danny may be pretty tough, but he can and will get tougher.
    Exactly. His play prior to this incident had not given him the leeway to do what he did. In other words, if he had not gone 1-8 (or whatever it was) then he can look at the other team with a "we're going to bury you, and I'm leading the procession" sort of attitude. Your play has to back up your attitude.

All in all, I think guys should just shut up and play the game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post: