Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Granger embarrassed himself

Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

Two thumbs up from Double D!!! LOL

I want to congratulate Granger! Those refs last night were trying to do us in for a good fixing. The Raptors were hacking us left and right and no calls. Granger was right to complain about not getting fouled right there, though he does complain way too much when the refs swallow the whistle. But sometimes it is good to get a tech, just like coaches do to prove a point when the officiating is horrible.

I remember hearing the announcers say West went over and talked to a league official that was in attendance. I think the NBA knows it's image is seriously eroded because of the obvious occasional fixing of games. I think the NBA is making a concentrated effort to get this thing right because the second half was actually officiated fairly after a **** poor first half. Maybe the league official had a talk with the refs? I'm not saying this game was fixed, but the officials do give home teams advantages most of the time until super star teams come to town.

Anyways, Ed Davis was talking a lot of trash and fouling hard. He deserved to be taunted at that point. Granger made a top 10 block for maybe the whole year right there. I really dislike the Raptors, and so do the Pacers. But it comes with the territory of winning and being smash mouth. You aren't going to win many friends. I like how Jordan used to do it. He would be all buddy buddy off the court, but on the court he would cut your throat and leave you for dead.

So props Granger. Don't take **** from no one in this league. It was a ******** call for taunting and I hope you really bring some of that intensity with you tonight against the Celtics! And to all the Danny hate I have seen the last week, **** off trolls. Dude is still a great players for us, and our best. He is not going to shoot 30 percent all year. Wait until he catches fire and you get to see how good this team is with a non slumping Granger. But his offense will never be as good as it was, and that comes with being one of the top defenders in the NBA. You can't be that great on defense and still be a stellar offensive option all the time.

Look at the Heat. They aren't playing a lick of defense right now and are on a 3 game slid. But hey Lebron put up 35 right? And played horrible defense but as long as he scores a lot and makes it look good who cares about winning because this game is just about who makes the All-Star game and is a super-star...No it isn't, it is about winning. Danny is doing all the things that are helping us to win. He is playing better defense than any super-star wing you can name at this point and we are winning because of it.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

If you are so weak minded that a stare down is going to intimidate you, you shouldn't be an NBA player to begin with. It did not intimidate Ed Davis last night, he played well down the stretch for the Raptors. The stare down does not bother me as much as him not understanding the situation. The Raptors were without their leading scorer and a main bench player. It was a game we should win and Granger's immature antics evened the playing field. Winning in the playoffs can come down to home court advantage. One game can decide that. We are not good enough to give games away because of stupidity. I hear people on here saying that was a highlight reel block. The only highlight I saw of the play was Granger taunting and getting thrown out. I agree that the NBA has gotten too soft on what they allow. But those are the rules, the players know the rules so your captain and one of the team leaders cannot do something that stupid. Credit the other players for getting the job done anyway. I just hope Granger making it tougher on his teammates don't come back to hurt them against Boston.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to congratulate Granger! Those refs last night were trying to do us in for a good fixing. The Raptors were hacking us left and right and no calls. Granger was right to complain about not getting fouled right there, though he does complain way too much when the refs swallow the whistle. But sometimes it is good to get a tech, just like coaches do to prove a point when the officiating is horrible.

I remember hearing the announcers say West went over and talked to a league official that was in attendance. I think the NBA knows it's image is seriously eroded because of the obvious occasional fixing of games. I think the NBA is making a concentrated effort to get this thing right because the second half was actually officiated fairly after a **** poor first half. Maybe the league official had a talk with the refs? I'm not saying this game was fixed, but the officials do give home teams advantages most of the time until super star teams come to town.

Anyways, Ed Davis was talking a lot of trash and fouling hard. He deserved to be taunted at that point. Granger made a top 10 block for maybe the whole year right there. I really dislike the Raptors, and so do the Pacers. But it comes with the territory of winning and being smash mouth. You aren't going to win many friends. I like how Jordan used to do it. He would be all buddy buddy off the court, but on the court he would cut your throat and leave you for dead.

So props Granger. Don't take **** from no one in this league. It was a ******** call for taunting and I hope you really bring some of that intensity with you tonight against the Celtics! And to all the Danny hate I have seen the last week, **** off trolls. Dude is still a great players for us, and our best. He is not going to shoot 30 percent all year. Wait until he catches fire and you get to see how good this team is with a non slumping Granger. But his offense will never be as good as it was, and that comes with being one of the top defenders in the NBA. You can't be that great on defense and still be a stellar offensive option all the time.

Look at the Heat. They aren't playing a lick of defense right now and are on a 3 game slid. But hey Lebron put up 35 right? And played horrible defense but as long as he scores a lot and makes it look good who cares about winning because this game is just about who makes the All-Star game and is a super-star...No it isn't, it is about winning. Danny is doing all the things that are helping us to win. He is playing better defense than any super-star wing you can name at this point and we are winning because of it.
    Yea there is a conspiracy, the league wants the Raptors in the playoffs instead of the Pacers

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    Yea there is a conspiracy, the league wants the Raptors in the playoffs instead of the Pacers

If you haven't seen the refs give bad teams home court advantage then I say you are absolutely hopeless. It happens many times during the season. Way to draw a false conclusion from what I typed!

Oh but no!!! This is the most fairly officiated sport on the planet right?!? There has never been a game fixed ever!!!!!!!!!

Did I say there was some conspiracy that the league wants the Raptors to make the playoffs instead of the Pacers? No. Was it obvious Toronto was getting away with more than we were allowed to in the first half? I think so. I'd say get your head out of your *** and realize home court calls exist, super star treatment exists, and the league office can legally dictate to refs how to officiate or influence games, because the NBA is classified as entertainment.

Once you put down the ESPN/MSM kool-aid brainwashing, maybe you can see it. This is not a fairly officiated sport and I hope that with time the league becomes more fairly called. I don't want any team to have an advantage, I just want the game to be called fair.

The best example of this was the second quarter of the Heat game. The refs enabled the Heat to build that 25 point lead. That was the most unfairly called quarter I've seen this year. I think we should have been down at half by like 10, but the refs gave them every single call and it grew to 25. And it happens all the time, just like the first half last night. If you can't see the refs gave the Raptors an advantage in the first half last night you are totally hopeless for ever seeing it I'm afraid.

But who's to say the refs won't give us an advantage on our home court? Or will they break out the super-star treatment for the old 3? Or will they just call a totally fair game tonight? No one knows, because the game isn't always called fair or consistently and that is obvious in my opinion.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 01-14-2012 at 02:40 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This Thread just embarrassed the PacersDigest:
    Totally agree...

Somtimes I think we should award technical fouls for people who start threads on PD like this... Get 4 in a season and you can't start a new thread anymore until next season..
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

If you haven't seen the refs give bad teams home court advantage then I say you are absolutely hopeless. It happens many times during the season. Way to draw a false conclusion from what I typed!

Oh but no!!! This is the most fairly officiated sport on the planet right?!? There has never been a game fixed ever!!!!!!!!!

Did I say there was some conspiracy that the league wants the Raptors to make the playoffs instead of the Pacers? No. Was it obvious Toronto was getting away with more than we were allowed to in the first half? I think so. I'd say get your head out of your *** and realize home court calls exist, super star treatment exists, and the league office can legally dictate to refs how to officiate or influence games, because the NBA is classified as entertainment.

Once you put down the ESPN/MSM kool-aid brainwashing, maybe you can see it. This is not a fairly officiated sport and I hope that with time the league becomes more fairly called. I don't want any team to have an advantage, I just want the game to be called fair.

The best example of this was the second quarter of the Heat game. The refs enabled the Heat to build that 25 point lead. That was the most unfairly called quarter I've seen this year. I think we should have been down at half by like 10, but the refs gave them every single call and it grew to 25. And it happens all the time, just like the first half last night. If you can't see the refs gave the Raptors an advantage in the first half last night you are totally hopeless for ever seeing it I'm afraid.

But who's to say the refs won't give us an advantage on our home court? Or will they break out the super-star treatment for the old 3? Or will they just call a totally fair game tonight? No one knows, because the game isn't always called fair or consistently and that is obvious in my opinion.
    this is venturing into tinfoil hat territory....

I'm not sure you really understand the difference between a good call and a bad call. You just know that sometimes calls are made against the pacers and you don't like it...
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Logistically they would want the Raptors in the playoffs over the Pacers. Toronto is a huge market. THey would love to grow the league in Canada.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    this is venturing into tinfoil hat territory....
    Really? What part? I think if you haven't noticed this after years of watching then you are the one venturing into brain washed, mind controlled sheep territory more so than I'm venturing into tinfoil hat territory. Open your eyes Kstat, the NBA isn't always called fairly and that's been painfully obvious in my 20 + years of watching.

I didn't even go into tin hat land. I said it is obvious the refs give teams:

1. Home court calls sometimes.
    2. Superstar calls sometimes, if your team is lucky enough to have one,
    and I said;
    3. The league is LEGALLY allowed to dictate to the refs how to officiate the games. The NBA is classified as entertainment legally. If the league wanted to influence that outcome of a playoff series to maximize profit, they are legally allowed to do that because they are a for profit business.

yes, the NBA isn't always called fairly. That's because human beings are making the rulings, and not computers. When computers start making the wrong calls, then you have more of a complaint. Last I checked, humans were capable of making mistakes. It's like complaining that every NBA player isn't a %100 FT shooter.

By the way, the NBA cannot LEGALLY fix outcomes. It would be an antitrust violation, and the NBA would be put out of business the next day. You do not know what you're talking about. It's like you're just making this up as you go.

On the occasional game where the Pacers are the beneficiary of a kind whistle, are you on PD screaming about how unfair it was?

Every single whistle that goes against the Pacers is unfair and a crime against humanity to you. You'd have a little more credibility if you didn't do this every single game.

"Congratulating" Danny Granger for getting himself ejected is the height of absurdity.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-14-2012 at 03:01 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure you really understand the difference between a good call and a bad call. You just know that sometimes calls are made against the pacers and you don't like it...
    No that is not true at all. We get bad calls against us, and sometimes we get calls we have no business getting. But it is clear some games, not all, that the officials are clearly trying to dictate the outcome, and if they were ordered to do so by the league office, then it would be completely legal. So are we to believe a business that is for profit would not maximize it's profits when possible if it can do so legally? Ummmm, this is America, home of corporate greed. The NBA is a business that makes profit, and is in the business of making the most profit possible.

So you really want to me to believe the league would trade profits for being fair? What forces the NBA to be "fair?" There is no legal authority making them call games fair. The only thing illegal is if a ref bets on a game and changes the outcome for his own personal gain or the gain of whoever he is giving his information to.

Again I'll say it!!! The NBA is LEGALLY allowed to dictate to refs how to call games! The NBA is a business and they have every right to maximize their profits if they follow the law. And if they tell the refs to do everything they can to make sure such and such teams win, then the NBA is allowed to do that. So you really trust the league that much to think that they would sacrifice profit, for some **** poor notion of calling the game fair?

yes, the NBA isn't always called fairly. That's because human beings are making the rulings, and not computers. When computers start making the wrong calls, then you have more of a complaint. Last I checked, humans were capable of making mistakes. It's like complaining that every NBA player isn't a %100 FT shooter.

By the way, the NBA cannot LEGALLY fix outcomes. It would be an antitrust violation, and the NBA would be put out of business the next day. You do not know what you're talking about. It's like you're just making this up as you go.
    Haha sorry bub, but I have the education of a legal professional. The Spygate ruling tells all. And it is a ruling that is binding because all court rulings are the law! The fan could not sue because the league is classified legally as entertainment, just the same as the NBA. This is not the Olympics. These are private, for profit businesses.

Show me where the league office telling officials how to dictate games is antitrust violation? I think you are confusing this sport with the Olympics my friend...

The officials were not trying to dictate any outcome last night. There were a few bad calls and non-calls, yes. But there was nothing out of the ordinary, short of a weak ejection on granger that wouldn't have even been in play had he not gotten the first technical, which is absolutely deserved.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Every single whistle that goes against the Pacers is unfair and a crime against humanity to you. You'd have a little more credibility if you didn't do this every single game.
    And you would have a little more credibility to me if you didn't just make a flat out lie of an accusation. Every single game I complain about the calls? LMFAO!!!

The officials were not trying to dictate any outcome last night. There were a few bad calls and non-calls, yes. But there was nothing out of the ordinary, short of a weak ejection on granger that wouldn't have even been in play had he not gotten the first technical, which is absolutely deserved.
    The first half was fishy to me. I think the second half was called fair. I gave them props for doing the right thing. But that doesn't change the fact I believe they gave them a slight advantage in the first half. And it wouldn't be absurd, because home calls happen all the time! I see us get away with things at Conseco that we could never get away on the road. See? I admitted we get calls at home we have no business getting sometime. I didn't say the hammer never swings our way and we get the benefit of unfair officiating. We have. But I don't like that either, because I know we will run into a team on their court and they will get all the calls they have no business getting. I just want the game called fair period.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is some truth in what Midcoasted posted. Halfway through the 1st quarter I said to the people I was watching the game with, the refs are trying to even this game up for the short handed home team. It happens all the time, if you don't think it doesn't you have not watched much NBA over the years.

Danny was blatantly fouled on two early shots and no call, Danny forcefully complained on the second one and got the first tech.

It was pretty even officiating after the 1st quarter, bad but even, but I believe the refs helped them get going and helped put us in a hole.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

And I just want to make this clear, I like you Kstat! I always look forward to and enjoy your posts! I just love to argue a point to death, even if I'm wrong. Of course we both think we are right, but no hard feelings! I just enjoy debating things like this! No hard feelings to anyone on here. I would shake all of your hands and give you respect. This is an Internet forum, of course things get a little ridiculous at times. lol

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

On the occasional game where the Pacers are the beneficiary of a kind whistle, are you on PD screaming about how unfair it was?

"Congratulating" Danny Granger for getting himself ejected is the height of absurdity.
    While I get what you're saying, NBA officiating is by far worse than any other pro sport's officiating. It's inexcusably bad. That's what I compare it to. Not computers, other humans/leagues who manage to do much better.

Haha sorry bub, but I have the education of a legal professional. The Spygate ruling tells all.
    The spygate ruling tells nothing. You're implying league-mandated fixing. Spygate was one team attempting to cheat other teams.

I'm also pretty certain you do not have the education of a legal professional, given that you are not to my knowledge, a legal professional.

Joey Crawford comes to mind when you think of officials dictating the outcome of games. That guy brought about the super star calls vs your a rookie, you aren't going to get that call situations. In my opinion he has been the worst official for the past 20 years in the league but has always been touted as one of the best by the media and the league even after he has had multiple incidents that have affected the outcomes of games.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    While I get what you're saying, NBA officiating is by far worse than any other pro sport's officiating. It's inexcusably bad. That's what I compare it to. Not computers, other humans/leagues who manage to do much better.
    It's worse because the officials have to rule more often.

Ever watch a baseball game? The umpires use their own strike zones. Hard to be incorrect when (a) you can write your own rules, and (b) you're instructed to eject anyone that disagrees with your rules.

Hockey refs are notorious for make-up calls. If one team gets sent to the penalty box 3 times in a row, you can bet that the other team will go the next four.

Watch an NFL game and explain to me what offensive holding is. No one has been able to do it for 90 years, so you'd be the first if you did.

The only reason NBA refs get a worse rap is because they have to blow/swallow their whistles more often. To say they are somehow more incompetent than their counterparts is just untrue.

If anything, NFL refs are the worst. And who can blame them? They don't even have full-time jobs!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

This thread embarassed itself

35. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

It's worse because the officials have to rule more often.
    That's no excuse for no calls and phantom fouls, bad calls, ect. There are plenty of officials on the court. And to often, the ref is right on top of those terrible calls / no calls.

Maybe, some refs whistles don't work to well and some refs has turrets.

High School and College do much better then the NBA.

Over the years I have heard to much about X team vs X team generating more money going to the ECF, WCF, AFC, NFC, ect.

I remember the NFL pregame years back talking how much the NFL would lose if the Cinderella Colts was to beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game and then the Refs robbed it from the colts several hours later, not just once in that game but several bad calls and 2 game changing calls.

The Packers getting robbed from the refs in the Saints victory to the Superbowl. The Saint's was going to win it all no matter what. The league, media, ESPN...They all had a fan fair for more then 3 weeks with all the stories. Everyone that had any involvement in this gained so much in the money market.

I don't know if games are fixed, but I can say that I wonder at times. I can also say that because the refs have to call more calls in NBA games is no excuse.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 01-14-2012 at 04:18 PM.