Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Granger embarrassed himself

Default Granger embarrassed himself

Grow up Danny, it is time. You have played like crap most of the season. You have had the worst field goal percentage in the league and maybe still do. Your defense is subject at best most of the time. Your leadership is non-existent and you feel because you get one block you should stare someone down. The team is 8-3 and that is great, but it is not because of the way you have played. The next time you get the ball taken away from you because you are so weak with it, or because you have no ability to change direction when you drive to the basket and charge into someone because you made a rediculous decision I hope someone stares you down. The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

Tell us how you really feel.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I agree.

But I also think Danny deserves some perspective. He's generally a good soldier on the court and always so off the court.

Yes, he gives in to a little immaturity once in a while like this, or bad choices with the ball, etc.

He gets a good grade on the curve, in my opinion. But if he wants to be a serious leader of an elite team, last night's nonsense needs to end. I am hoping, and suspect, that he has the kind of character where he will realize this and learn from it.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grow up Danny, it is time. You have played like crap most of the season. You have had the worst field goal percentage in the league and maybe still do. Your defense is subject at best most of the time. Your leadership is non-existent and you feel because you get one block you should stare someone down. The team is 8-3 and that is great, but it is not because of the way you have played. The next time you get the ball taken away from you because you are so weak with it, or because you have no ability to change direction when you drive to the basket and charge into someone because you made a rediculous decision I hope someone stares you down. The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.
    This isn't really true at all. He's played the best defense on the team, check his plus minus. He also hasn't been taking bad shots, he's just been in a slump. Really there is just a ton wrong with this post.

He shouldn't have stared Ed Davis down, but it really isn't that huge of a deal, players do it all the time without a caall. Stop overreacting, he's a huge part of our record despite his off-shot.

7. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I don't think it is that big of a deal, not too smart though

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This isn't really true at all. He's played the best defense on the team, check his plus minus. He also hasn't been taking bad shots, he's just been in a slump. Really there is just a ton wrong with this post.

He shouldn't have stared Ed Davis down, but it really isn't that huge of a deal, players do it all the time without a caall. Stop overreacting, he's a huge part of our record despite his off-shot.
    He has played nowhere near the best defense on the team. The plus/minus stat is always misleading and never gives you a clear read on how a player performs individually. He has shot below 30% so far this season. I didn't start this thread because I don't think Danny is a good player. I wish he would lead by example because of all the young players on the team who might look up to him. Last night was not the example we want to see. Those kind of things can effect a team trying to get to the next level. Show some class is all I am saying.

As much as I like Danny, this was just another dumb thing he has done. Sometimes one has to wonder what this guy with his college years has on his mind to often come up with dumb moves. This time it even affected the team on the court. I wouldn't think about this stuff if he was a rookie, but he is supposed to be a leader, has an college degree as far as I remember, was an Allstar and then regularly comes up with such a crap. Remembering some idiotic comments like this smelling donkey stuff etc - *shaking head*
    Last edited by Miller-Time; 01-14-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller-Time For This Useful Post:

I would think Ed Davis did something to upset the Pacers, why else would Granger do that? Davis had a dunk a play or two earlier. Perhaps he said something after he dunked it.

Anyone else have any ideas? Granger just doesn't do that. Still a bonehead move though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

He has played nowhere near the best defense on the team. The plus/minus stat is always misleading and never gives you a clear read on how a player performs individually. He has shot below 30% so far this season. I didn't start this thread because I don't think Danny is a good player. I wish he would lead by example because of all the young players on the team who might look up to him. Last night was not the example we want to see. Those kind of things can effect a team trying to get to the next level. Show some class is all I am saying.
    He has in fact has played among the best individual defense on the team, he's been better at it than George this season. He made one silly mistake last night, and that doesn't even get called 70 percent of the time. It isn't that big of a deal, and certainly isn't going to affect the "youngins" in any real way.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think what was stupid was the fact that he got 2 techs in the first half. That to me can not happen if we wanna win games. Last night though showed we can win a games if need be.

But to my point. I dont think what Granger did was that big of'a deal. He made a highlight block and ya he was getting hyped about it. Its not like he stomped on someone or threw an elbow. I understand once you get your 2nd tech then your throw'n out but.... damn really? Its a complete joke.

Im not to old but aint that young and I remember Scottie Pippen throwing down a poster dunk on Ewing, (Ewing hits the floor) Pippen walks right over him.

http://youtu.be/2SYmae9FhkQ

See to me that could of been called a tech, sense you know Pippen taunted Ewing and the good ole spike lee.

Anyways, so NO Danny didnt embarrass im self by so called "taunting" after he blocked that dudes shot.

But like I said, what I didnt like was that Granger made the mistake by getting thrown out in the first half. Now that could come across as embarrassing or just playing really hard ball and making a few mistake's.
    Try hard-er or Die hard-er. In this to win it.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I do think that Granger's biggest role model for being a franchise player—in terms of proximity—was JO. And I do think JO had a little prima donna in him that I didn't care for.

And I think it probably rubbed off some.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

19. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.
    I can think of a couple of games that we would have lost if Granger didn't play. Also, I'm pretty sure a majority of players would react the same way if they had just blocked someone (all ball) and forced them to the ground. To me it was more of a spur of the moment reaction... A fairly stupid one, but not a huge deal. He doesn't have a track record for this type of stuff anyway.

Says the guy who called Granger a role player. Did you catch him checking out your girlfriend's *** or something?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I do think that Granger's biggest role model for being a franchise player—in terms of proximity—was JO. And I do think JO had a little prima donna in him that I didn't care for.

And I think it probably rubbed off some.
    No the throat-clenching, kicking out, crotch grabbing Reginald Miller never did those things, indeed.
    Perhpas we should tar and feather Danny ?

1: he gets fouled, by 3 defenders and it is a no-call, he complains, not the smartest move but jusitfied and the gets t'd up, not so justified.
    2: Davis is fouling and mouthing away and Danny block his shot and stares him down, for 1 second, no more, and gets his 2nd T, justified, doubtfull, but what can i say, all night I had a funny feel with the officiating, specially in the first half, Roy 6 fouls ? Magloire throwing elbows, no foul ? Tyler getting pulled to the floor and gets the offensive?
    I can go on like that for almost a full page, but I wont, let's just say I don't agree with the OP in fact I think it is nonsense.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

24. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Some people on this board are just ridiculous and refuse to be happy unless if they get exactly what they want.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

I actually applaud Granger for showing a little edginess on the court. F*** Ed Davis and the rest of the hatchet men on the Raptors.

Maybe it will get his game going.

The stupid thing was whining to the refs for the first tech. Even though the refs sucked last night whining never gets you anywhere plus it reminds of the Celtics.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

I really don't like some of the overreaction here sometimes.

Not that I'm defending Danny's 2 techs. But saying that he's not part of the success of the current 8-3 record right now just because of last game's incident is just downright stupid. While what he did (complaining, taunting) is not right, it's just part of the game where you get frustrated for non-calls or being trash talked and proving your point on the other end. At least he didn't punch somebody like some crazy hothead.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

This isn't girl scouts... I don't want my players to be nice to the opposing team

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Let's call a spade a spade here...it was really stupid for Granger to pull that when he knew he was one tech away from an early shower.

That said....it was a pretty weak technical, and you certainly want your leaders to show some nastiness on the floor.

I have no issue with what he did, but it was the absolute wrong situation for him to do it.

34. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

This place is seriously getting intolerable.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    I actually applaud Granger for showing a little edginess on the court. F*** Ed Davis and the rest of the hatchet men on the Raptors.

Maybe it will get his game going.

The stupid thing was whining to the refs for the first tech. Even though the refs sucked last night whining never gets you anywhere plus it reminds of the Celtics.
    Nailed it. I said last night that the complaining was by far the more stupid of the two techs. If Danny hadn't been b*tching about the non call then IMO he doesn't get the tech for taunting. He had already irked the refs so they weren't gonna tolerate from him.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    No the throat-clenching, kicking out, crotch grabbing Reginald Miller never did those things, indeed.
    Perhpas we should tar and feather Danny ?

1: he gets fouled, by 3 defenders and it is a no-call, he complains, not the smartest move but jusitfied and the gets t'd up, not so justified.
    2: Davis is fouling and mouthing away and Danny block his shot and stares him down, for 1 second, no more, and gets his 2nd T, justified, doubtfull, but what can i say, all night I had a funny feel with the officiating, specially in the first half, Roy 6 fouls ? Magloire throwing elbows, no foul ? Tyler getting pulled to the floor and gets the offensive?
    I can go on like that for almost a full page, but I wont, let's just say I don't agree with the OP in fact I think it is nonsense.
    The officiating was a bit harsh on the Pacers. So I agree on that point. But Granger is routinely snuffed out like a candle on a birthday cake. IOW, he needs to get his own house in order before he starts talking smack. Dude normally either turns it over, gets blocked, misses a weak fadeaway or dribbles blindly into a charge when he attempts to score in the paint. He really needs to learn how to do that in practice before he tries it in games.

In contrast, Reginald Miller delivered by far the most pain on his opponent and has all the right in the world to talk some smack. Unlike Granger and JO, he earned that right by playing at a high level when the game was on the line. Not just in the regular season or 1st round, but deep into the playoffs. Goodness, Reg's just a lot better player.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Ive been hating on Granger all season long and this was great to see. This team needs to bring a little attitude/swagger to the table, every single night. Hate to see Granger get tossed, but I like the fact that he stared dude down....get mean and more often!!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade here...it was really stupid for Granger to pull that when he knew he was one tech away from an early shower.

That said....it was a pretty weak technical, and you certainly want your leaders to show some nastiness on the floor.

I have no issue with what he did, but it was the absolute wrong situation for him to do it.
    This. 1000x this.

What Danny did last night wouldn't have caused anyone to bat an eyelash in the NBA of the mid 90's. I mean you had Reggie Miller grab his freaking nuts and taunt not a player, but a fan!

Not the time for Danny to do it...sure, but probably one of the weakest taunting technicals you'll see all season.

There's something to be said about having an edge to you, especially when your head coach constantly calls your team smashmouth and you hang your hat on the defensive end. Stupid in the context of already having one technical, but the first technical was definitely the one that upset me more.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why the hell are people so hard on danny? Yes he made a stupid move by taunting him after the block, we can all agree on that. But what's up with personally attacking him and his game and basically saying he's worthless to our team? I have a feeling yall are gonna miss danny when he's no longer on our team. He does a lot for us.