Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88

Thread: Granger embarrassed himself

  1. #1

    Default Granger embarrassed himself

    Grow up Danny, it is time. You have played like crap most of the season. You have had the worst field goal percentage in the league and maybe still do. Your defense is subject at best most of the time. Your leadership is non-existent and you feel because you get one block you should stare someone down. The team is 8-3 and that is great, but it is not because of the way you have played. The next time you get the ball taken away from you because you are so weak with it, or because you have no ability to change direction when you drive to the basket and charge into someone because you made a rediculous decision I hope someone stares you down. The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Tell us how you really feel.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I agree.

    But I also think Danny deserves some perspective. He's generally a good soldier on the court and always so off the court.

    Yes, he gives in to a little immaturity once in a while like this, or bad choices with the ball, etc.

    He gets a good grade on the curve, in my opinion. But if he wants to be a serious leader of an elite team, last night's nonsense needs to end. I am hoping, and suspect, that he has the kind of character where he will realize this and learn from it.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  6. #4
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grow up Danny, it is time. You have played like crap most of the season. You have had the worst field goal percentage in the league and maybe still do. Your defense is subject at best most of the time. Your leadership is non-existent and you feel because you get one block you should stare someone down. The team is 8-3 and that is great, but it is not because of the way you have played. The next time you get the ball taken away from you because you are so weak with it, or because you have no ability to change direction when you drive to the basket and charge into someone because you made a rediculous decision I hope someone stares you down. The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.
    This isn't really true at all. He's played the best defense on the team, check his plus minus. He also hasn't been taking bad shots, he's just been in a slump. Really there is just a ton wrong with this post.

    He shouldn't have stared Ed Davis down, but it really isn't that huge of a deal, players do it all the time without a caall. Stop overreacting, he's a huge part of our record despite his off-shot.

  7. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I don't think it is that big of a deal, not too smart though

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #6

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't really true at all. He's played the best defense on the team, check his plus minus. He also hasn't been taking bad shots, he's just been in a slump. Really there is just a ton wrong with this post.

    He shouldn't have stared Ed Davis down, but it really isn't that huge of a deal, players do it all the time without a caall. Stop overreacting, he's a huge part of our record despite his off-shot.
    He has played nowhere near the best defense on the team. The plus/minus stat is always misleading and never gives you a clear read on how a player performs individually. He has shot below 30% so far this season. I didn't start this thread because I don't think Danny is a good player. I wish he would lead by example because of all the young players on the team who might look up to him. Last night was not the example we want to see. Those kind of things can effect a team trying to get to the next level. Show some class is all I am saying.

  11. #7
    ....... Miller-Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Age
    31
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    As much as I like Danny, this was just another dumb thing he has done. Sometimes one has to wonder what this guy with his college years has on his mind to often come up with dumb moves. This time it even affected the team on the court. I wouldn't think about this stuff if he was a rookie, but he is supposed to be a leader, has an college degree as far as I remember, was an Allstar and then regularly comes up with such a crap. Remembering some idiotic comments like this smelling donkey stuff etc - *shaking head*
    Last edited by Miller-Time; 01-14-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller-Time For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I would think Ed Davis did something to upset the Pacers, why else would Granger do that? Davis had a dunk a play or two earlier. Perhaps he said something after he dunked it.

    Anyone else have any ideas? Granger just doesn't do that. Still a bonehead move though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,951
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has played nowhere near the best defense on the team. The plus/minus stat is always misleading and never gives you a clear read on how a player performs individually. He has shot below 30% so far this season. I didn't start this thread because I don't think Danny is a good player. I wish he would lead by example because of all the young players on the team who might look up to him. Last night was not the example we want to see. Those kind of things can effect a team trying to get to the next level. Show some class is all I am saying.
    He has in fact has played among the best individual defense on the team, he's been better at it than George this season. He made one silly mistake last night, and that doesn't even get called 70 percent of the time. It isn't that big of a deal, and certainly isn't going to affect the "youngins" in any real way.

  16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  17. #10
    Life Ruiner Bury Your Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Flushing, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I think what was stupid was the fact that he got 2 techs in the first half. That to me can not happen if we wanna win games. Last night though showed we can win a games if need be.

    But to my point. I dont think what Granger did was that big of'a deal. He made a highlight block and ya he was getting hyped about it. Its not like he stomped on someone or threw an elbow. I understand once you get your 2nd tech then your throw'n out but.... damn really? Its a complete joke.

    Im not to old but aint that young and I remember Scottie Pippen throwing down a poster dunk on Ewing, (Ewing hits the floor) Pippen walks right over him.

    http://youtu.be/2SYmae9FhkQ

    See to me that could of been called a tech, sense you know Pippen taunted Ewing and the good ole spike lee.

    Anyways, so NO Danny didnt embarrass im self by so called "taunting" after he blocked that dudes shot.

    But like I said, what I didnt like was that Granger made the mistake by getting thrown out in the first half. Now that could come across as embarrassing or just playing really hard ball and making a few mistake's.
    Try hard-er or Die hard-er. In this to win it.

  18. #11
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I do think that Granger's biggest role model for being a franchise player—in terms of proximity—was JO. And I do think JO had a little prima donna in him that I didn't care for.

    And I think it probably rubbed off some.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team is winning despite you right now, not because of you and people really think you are our best player, REALLY.
    I can think of a couple of games that we would have lost if Granger didn't play. Also, I'm pretty sure a majority of players would react the same way if they had just blocked someone (all ball) and forced them to the ground. To me it was more of a spur of the moment reaction... A fairly stupid one, but not a huge deal. He doesn't have a track record for this type of stuff anyway.

  21. #13
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,448

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Says the guy who called Granger a role player. Did you catch him checking out your girlfriend's *** or something?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,689

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do think that Granger's biggest role model for being a franchise player—in terms of proximity—was JO. And I do think JO had a little prima donna in him that I didn't care for.

    And I think it probably rubbed off some.
    No the throat-clenching, kicking out, crotch grabbing Reginald Miller never did those things, indeed.
    Perhpas we should tar and feather Danny ?

    1: he gets fouled, by 3 defenders and it is a no-call, he complains, not the smartest move but jusitfied and the gets t'd up, not so justified.
    2: Davis is fouling and mouthing away and Danny block his shot and stares him down, for 1 second, no more, and gets his 2nd T, justified, doubtfull, but what can i say, all night I had a funny feel with the officiating, specially in the first half, Roy 6 fouls ? Magloire throwing elbows, no foul ? Tyler getting pulled to the floor and gets the offensive?
    I can go on like that for almost a full page, but I wont, let's just say I don't agree with the OP in fact I think it is nonsense.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  24. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  25. #15
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Some people on this board are just ridiculous and refuse to be happy unless if they get exactly what they want.

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    514
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I actually applaud Granger for showing a little edginess on the court. F*** Ed Davis and the rest of the hatchet men on the Raptors.

    Maybe it will get his game going.

    The stupid thing was whining to the refs for the first tech. Even though the refs sucked last night whining never gets you anywhere plus it reminds of the Celtics.

  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:


  29. #17

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    I really don't like some of the overreaction here sometimes.

    Not that I'm defending Danny's 2 techs. But saying that he's not part of the success of the current 8-3 record right now just because of last game's incident is just downright stupid. While what he did (complaining, taunting) is not right, it's just part of the game where you get frustrated for non-calls or being trash talked and proving your point on the other end. At least he didn't punch somebody like some crazy hothead.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  31. #18
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    This isn't girl scouts... I don't want my players to be nice to the opposing team

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Let's call a spade a spade here...it was really stupid for Granger to pull that when he knew he was one tech away from an early shower.

    That said....it was a pretty weak technical, and you certainly want your leaders to show some nastiness on the floor.

    I have no issue with what he did, but it was the absolute wrong situation for him to do it.

  34. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  35. #20
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    This place is seriously getting intolerable.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  37. #21
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually applaud Granger for showing a little edginess on the court. F*** Ed Davis and the rest of the hatchet men on the Raptors.

    Maybe it will get his game going.

    The stupid thing was whining to the refs for the first tech. Even though the refs sucked last night whining never gets you anywhere plus it reminds of the Celtics.
    Nailed it. I said last night that the complaining was by far the more stupid of the two techs. If Danny hadn't been b*tching about the non call then IMO he doesn't get the tech for taunting. He had already irked the refs so they weren't gonna tolerate from him.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:


  39. #22
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,959

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No the throat-clenching, kicking out, crotch grabbing Reginald Miller never did those things, indeed.
    Perhpas we should tar and feather Danny ?

    1: he gets fouled, by 3 defenders and it is a no-call, he complains, not the smartest move but jusitfied and the gets t'd up, not so justified.
    2: Davis is fouling and mouthing away and Danny block his shot and stares him down, for 1 second, no more, and gets his 2nd T, justified, doubtfull, but what can i say, all night I had a funny feel with the officiating, specially in the first half, Roy 6 fouls ? Magloire throwing elbows, no foul ? Tyler getting pulled to the floor and gets the offensive?
    I can go on like that for almost a full page, but I wont, let's just say I don't agree with the OP in fact I think it is nonsense.
    The officiating was a bit harsh on the Pacers. So I agree on that point. But Granger is routinely snuffed out like a candle on a birthday cake. IOW, he needs to get his own house in order before he starts talking smack. Dude normally either turns it over, gets blocked, misses a weak fadeaway or dribbles blindly into a charge when he attempts to score in the paint. He really needs to learn how to do that in practice before he tries it in games.

    In contrast, Reginald Miller delivered by far the most pain on his opponent and has all the right in the world to talk some smack. Unlike Granger and JO, he earned that right by playing at a high level when the game was on the line. Not just in the regular season or 1st round, but deep into the playoffs. Goodness, Reg's just a lot better player.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  41. #23
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,754

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Ive been hating on Granger all season long and this was great to see. This team needs to bring a little attitude/swagger to the table, every single night. Hate to see Granger get tossed, but I like the fact that he stared dude down....get mean and more often!!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:


  43. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's call a spade a spade here...it was really stupid for Granger to pull that when he knew he was one tech away from an early shower.

    That said....it was a pretty weak technical, and you certainly want your leaders to show some nastiness on the floor.

    I have no issue with what he did, but it was the absolute wrong situation for him to do it.
    This. 1000x this.

    What Danny did last night wouldn't have caused anyone to bat an eyelash in the NBA of the mid 90's. I mean you had Reggie Miller grab his freaking nuts and taunt not a player, but a fan!

    Not the time for Danny to do it...sure, but probably one of the weakest taunting technicals you'll see all season.

    There's something to be said about having an edge to you, especially when your head coach constantly calls your team smashmouth and you hang your hat on the defensive end. Stupid in the context of already having one technical, but the first technical was definitely the one that upset me more.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  45. #25
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger embarrassed himself

    Why the hell are people so hard on danny? Yes he made a stupid move by taunting him after the block, we can all agree on that. But what's up with personally attacking him and his game and basically saying he's worthless to our team? I have a feeling yall are gonna miss danny when he's no longer on our team. He does a lot for us.

Similar Threads

  1. Do-it-all forward Granger has tough to-do list for Pacers
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
  2. SLAM Top 50 | #21 Danny Granger
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
  3. New Granger article on CNNSI
    By JBones19 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 09:54 AM
  4. Danny Granger ranked 44th out in the Top 50 (AOL Sports)
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
  5. Granger reminds Magic of the past
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •