var yuipath = 'clientscript/yui';
var yuicombopath = '';
var remoteyui = false;
else // Load Rest of YUI remotely (where possible)
var yuipath = 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.9.0/build';
var yuicombopath = 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo';
var remoteyui = true;
Well, as always in the first few weeks of the Basketball New Year, there's going to be some craziness in the Power Rankings. And as usual, I will start out by rewarding the teams that manage to stay undefeated early.
1) (12) - It was very difficult to determine the #1 and #2 spots, but Utah gets it by playing (and stomping) the tougher schedule of the two so far.
2) (6) - Last week, I said this was my dark horse Finals candidate. That "dark horse" label may come off sooner than expected at this pace.
3) (4) - So far, it been more the Dwayne Wade show than Shaqtime. Though it's obvious that his presence makes a difference. Can't wait to see Dwayne vs. Kobe.
4) acers: (5) - It hasn't been pretty, but the Pacers continue to win despite abundant injuries. As JO returns, Pollard takes a break with a sore back. Sheesh.
5) (14) - I have to admit, there's finally a little "D" in Dallas again. And the "O" ain't too bad, either.
6) (26) - Ahh...early season Power Rankings at it's best. Let Raps fans enjoy it for the time being.
7) istons: (1) - Don't worry, the defending champs will likely bounce back up into the top 3 or so as early as next week.
8) (2) - See above.
9) (3) - This is the most likely of the previous top 3 to remain fallen from grace, but never count out a team led by KG.
10) :sonics: (25) - After getting thrashed by the Clippers in the season opener, the Sonics have bounced back to win two straight -- including a big one over the Spurs that gets them into the Top 10 for this week.