Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Stuffing the Raptors

Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Stuffing the Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amundson is terrible, i'm sorry... all he does is get fouls and force bad shots when he does get a rebound.
    He is not terrible. He can do the job that you want your 3rd Center to do. He is willing to dive for every loose ball and he is a good rebounder for his size. He is a bit undersized (he is more of a Power Forward than a pure Center) and he is a not a great finisher (when he is not dunking) but that's why he is your reserve and not a starter. He also has a quite nice vertical and can be a quite good weak side blocker. Good defender as well. He is like a more athletic Foster without Foster's smarts.

@Peck, don't let his current Free Throw shooting fool you. Through his career he has been a pretty bad FT shooter. His career overall is 46,5%. It is quite worse than Magloire's 64,2% overall. The only difference is that Lou is currently in his best year of the stripe (shooting 57,1%) while Magloire is in his worse (shooting 18,2%).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    He is like a more athletic Foster without Foster's smarts
    i would say he is an out of control version of Foster... Foster brings controlled energy and effort. those quick offensive boards and put-backs are great. Amundson is all over the place. he will try a quadruple reverse layup over passing it back out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This is what happens when you are not a team that plays outside in and does not value shot selection.

Our teams over the past few years were routinely outshot from the free throw line every single game and often times by a great margin.

Frank Vogel for President.
    It's so refreshing for the coach to be a positive again. Even when we had Rick (As amazing a coach as he is and was) his style wore thin on players and they burnt out on him after a while. Frank seems to be preaching winning basketball and winning over the players hearts too.

Guys like Roy will want to resign to stay under a coach they love and who believes in them, eventually I think he could help us reel in some Free Agents too once his reputation is cemented, hopefully after a few good playoff runs.

Amundson is terrible, i'm sorry... all he does is get fouls and force bad shots when he does get a rebound.
    Amundson does exactly what he is supposed to do. He's a 3rd stringer, he brings energy, knocks some guys around, and fouls hard. It fits perfectly with our teams smashmouth identity, and players like that are meant to energize their teammates when the starters and second stringers aren't getting it done or come out without energy.
    Last edited by daschysta; 01-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    i would say he is an out of control version of Foster... Foster brings controlled energy and effort. those quick offensive boards and put-backs are great. Amundson is all over the place. he will try a quadruple reverse layup over passing it back out.
    I agree that Foster is much more controlled. Jeff knows how to work his way out of block outs and position himself to get easy boards and buckets.

Lou, on the other hand, is more explosive. He likes to attack the rim hard and this can lead sometimes to bad decisions. But he is not terrible. I just feel that he tries too much to prove that he is worthy of PT.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This is what happens when you are not a team that plays outside in and does not value shot selection.

Our teams over the past few years were routinely outshot from the free throw line every single game and often times by great margin.

Frank Vogel for President.
    What I was trying to figure out in the last 2 games is if we took advantage of the situation while being "in the bonus" in the 4th QTR or not. From what I can tell, the answer was "no".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.