Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 138 of 138

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

  1. #126
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Rewatching the game this morning... Roy Hibbert has become a hell of an offensive rebounder.

  2. #127

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I strongly disagree, and you would be thinking differently too if the shooting of technical foul shots led to a one point loss by us.

    There are other ways to show you have a new attitude. Granger can borrow a page from many other players (some on our own team) who are known to deliver hard fouls on occasion to teach people not to drive into the lane without crossing the line. Taunting is bush league stuff and shows lack of sportsmanship at any level of play.
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I like what Danny did. I just hope he doesn't lose a little edge because of that ejection.

  3. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering that I started having flashbacks of S. Pippen standing over Patrick Ewing in that play-off game way back when... It's pretty safe in my mind that Danny was "taunting" and deserved what he got!

    Boneheaded!
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I wasn't sure if it was MJ or Pippen.


  4. #129
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, people will do anything to defend Granger.
    I just don't understand what he has/has not done to not have the fans by his side. He is an offensive talent the likes of which he haven't had in recent memory. I can't remember the last time we had a wing as good as he is on both sides of the floor. Yet David West makes a few timely baskets and averages 12 and 6 or whatever and he is a fan favorite. I feel for my boy DG. I agree with the minority that the taunting call, while obviously quite avoidable, would not have been called in a different situation.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:


  6. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a night when nobody could hang onto the basketball, DC had zero turnovers, 9 points, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds. Being able to trust your point guard to not turn the ball over is priceless.
    I agree, but the fact is that Vogel pretty much took the ball away from DC at the end of the game.

  7. #131

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say anyone who is thinking right now, "A few different bounces and we could be 6-5 or 5-6 instead of 8-3" I will rebuke that with my simple belief that last year we would probably be saying something like "A few different bounces and we could be 8-3 instead of 5-6." It's a different team, no doubt about it.
    That's right. A win is a win. A loss is a loss. What happened, happened. That's all there is. Opponent's mistakes and missed opportunities is not our fault, so the Pacers deserve every win they have now.

  8. #132
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,195

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't understand what he has/has not done to not have the fans by his side. He is an offensive talent the likes of which he haven't had in recent memory. I can't remember the last time we had a wing as good as he is on both sides of the floor. Yet David West makes a few timely baskets and averages 12 and 6 or whatever and he is a fan favorite. I feel for my boy DG. I agree with the minority that the taunting call, while obviously quite avoidable, would not have been called in a different situation.
    The problem with Danny is that he has so many holes in his game. He's a very good player despite those holes, however. He's a great shooter, but I have a hard time finding anything else great about his game.

    He cannot dribble into traffic, but he keeps trying it without much success. He usually turns it over or takes a circus shot. He might be able to pass, but he's not shown that. He just doesn't have "game". It looks like he thinks too much when attempting to play at times and he's rather mechanical. Again, still a good player but the great ones simply don't play like that. Shawn Marion is another very good example of a Granger-type player.

    Edit: BTW, the fact Danny dunked on a backup PF in a regular season game and Pippen dunked on an all-star C is a nice composite of the difference between Danny and Scottie Pippen. Big difference there...
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 01-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.

  9. #133
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with Danny is that he has so many holes in his game. He's a very good player despite those holes, however. He's a great shooter, but I have a hard time finding anything else great about his game.

    He cannot dribble into traffic, but he keeps trying it without much success. He usually turns it over or takes a circus shot. He might be able to pass, but he's not shown that. He just doesn't have "game". It looks like he thinks too much when attempting to play at times and he's rather mechanical. Again, still a good player but the great ones simply don't play like that. Shawn Marion is another very good example of a Granger-type player.

    Edit: BTW, the fact Danny dunked on a backup PF in a regular season game and Pippen dunked on an all-star C is a nice composite of the difference between Danny and Scottie Pippen. Big difference there...
    Pippen's was also much worse (the gloating afterwards). And Danny didn't dunk on him, he blocked him, and Davis had been hacking away all game. Let it go.

  10. #134
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't win that game, Toronto threw it away.

    I'll take an ugly win though. There will probably be more ugly games across the league since teams can't really practice.

    Granger did a stupid thing. Let's hope he is focused for Boston though.

    Hill was in beast mode. Hibbert had another quietly strong game (6 TOs though).

    PG needs to stop biting on pump fakes, work on his dribble, and work on his passing. He's still making some rookie mistakes out there. Also, he had 2 opportunities to bring the crowd to their feet with some dunks, but opted to lay it up instead. I think one was blocked. Gotta throw that down!
    How so? The missed FT's at the end happened when we were still up 3, it isn't like he had a chance to Ice the game. WE made big plays when we had to and came back from a huge deficit by outplaying the raptors.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  12. #135
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,195

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pippen's was also much worse (the gloating afterwards). And Danny didn't dunk on him, he blocked him, and Davis had been hacking away all game. Let it go.
    Ok, I have let it go...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  14. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with Danny is that he has so many holes in his game. He's a very good player despite those holes, however. He's a great shooter, but I have a hard time finding anything else great about his game.

    He cannot dribble into traffic, but he keeps trying it without much success. He usually turns it over or takes a circus shot. He might be able to pass, but he's not shown that. He just doesn't have "game". It looks like he thinks too much when attempting to play at times and he's rather mechanical. Again, still a good player but the great ones simply don't play like that. Shawn Marion is another very good example of a Granger-type player.

    Edit: BTW, the fact Danny dunked on a backup PF in a regular season game and Pippen dunked on an all-star C is a nice composite of the difference between Danny and Scottie Pippen. Big difference there...
    Danny could be way better for this team if he had a true point guard next to him, I know that people don't want to hear it but Danny to me should be like Rashard Lewis in Orlando, a three point shooter player who can stretch the floor for the other guys and hit the big shots when needed, he could average 18ppg easy, there is not need for him to force anything anymore.

  15. #137

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Pippen's dunk ('94 conf. semis vs knicks) occurred the season before the NBA instituted the taunting rule. Not important but I think it's interesting.

    That was a clear taunt by Danny and he deserved to be thrown out. It's more boneheaded than purposely dunking the ball in the opponent's basket.

    In the first quarter my wife said she hoped Danny would pick up his 2nd tech on that no call because he wasn't all there. I agree.

    Ever since he sat out those games for personal reasons a couple seasons ago, Danny has nights where the expression on his face is 2,000 miles away. Last night was one of those nights.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  17. #138

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, people will do anything to tar and feather Granger. It's not like he Rodman-stomped him or anything. These are professional basketball players. They have been yelled and and taunted by the opposition (or even their own players and coaches during practices), I'm sure Ed's feelings weren't hurt too bad. What's worse, Granger glaring at Ed Davis or Reggie Miller screaming at John Starks that he is a choker and lacks relevant male anatomy?
    People are not tar and feathering anyone. But you have to admit that Granger has not earned enough chips to taunt. Frankly, no one on the team has. I don't condone some of Reggie's taunts, but the two players are in a different league, like comparing apples to oranges.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •