Thread: Nash Class

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Smile Nash Class

Maybe I am not connected enough. Maybe I have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. But Steve Nash is the one of the classiest players in the last decade.

This is not another trade request, although I would love to have him. But the Suns are 4-6 right now. If they lose to the Nets, I cannot imagine things to remain the same in Phoenix.

But we have heard nothing from Nash, or his agent about wanting to be traded.

Carmello, Paul, Howard, even Bosh have demanded a trade on the cusp of their big free agent payday. Nash is on the tail end of his career. If anyone has the right to be as open about a trade as the said players, Nash is that player.

I remember when Garnett wanted to be traded. It was time, the Wolves chance of making a run was slim to none. It was a calculated request that I think left the Wolves with some hope in the future (a future that Kahn has slowed). Even Ray Allen's trade ironically left the Sonics/Thunder in a good place.

Nash is a two-time MVP (should have beaten Dirk in '07) who may very well be at top 10 Point Guard in the history of the NBA when it is all said and done.

Can this iconic star escape Phoenix admirably? Will the Suns be able to get in return what the Wolves and Thunder received?

I would think that he will not hijack the Suns as so many stars have in the last two years. But I seriously doubt the Suns can a deal comparable to that of the Wolves in the Garnet trade. He appears that he has less in the tank then Garnet and Allen did then.

But one thing is for sure. The Mavericks made a mistake not retaining him. They were unwilling to pay high value on a 30 year old point guard so dependent on his legs to succeed.

Do not underestimate this Canadian. He has value beyond the court. He has class that will be able to influence a generation of players that lacks honor.

The team who receives Nash will not regret it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Nash Class

I would love to have Nash, but I am afraid of paying him and not getting anything in the last year or two of a deal. I would make the move for his locker room presence and intelligence on the court. He would facilitate to the guys in a position to succeed. He is not the same player he was four or five years ago, but he is still pretty damn good. He can shoot from range too which will help us maintain spacing when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Nash is one of my favorite players currently active in the NBA, and I even advocated before to get Nash when the Suns were starting to struggle last year.

I don't believe that he has less in the tank right now than Garnett during the trade. He is still a high-caliber PG that the opposing teams check during games, so any championship-level teams right now will be really glad to get him and he'll contribute instantly. The problem is the cost of getting him, as of right now the likes of Mavs and Heat will probably have no good offers to the Suns for Nash unless they somewhat overpay or sacrifice a big part of their core.

Banned

Nash has been my favorite player in the NBA for the last five years, I would cry of happiness if they bring him here

I like him as a person and really enjoy watching him play. I don't think he's as effective a basketball player as most NBA fans and media members do. I definitely wouldn't give up anything valuable for him right now. He's maybe the difference between us making the second or third round, but there's no way he makes us a contender.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

He would hurt the defense maybe, but the trade off on offense would be a huge overall gain. The pick and rolls with DWest and Roy would be so much fun to see.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He would hurt the defense maybe, but the trade off on offense would be a huge overall gain. The pick and rolls with DWest and Roy would be so much fun to see.
    I think we have the protection of shot blockers to overcompensate his deficiencies.

Mood

Pass on Nash, lets stick with Keller training our guards, since thats all Nash would really do beyond the next year.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Speaking of Steve Nash the individual, I can highly recommend the documentary that he put together on his boyhood idol and fellow countryman, Terry Fox. It was extremely well done and narrated by the guy who played Riggins on Friday Night Lights (the tv show). The name of the documentary is "Into the Wind". Check out more info:

http://30for30.espn.com/film/into-the-wind.html

Would buy him, won't trade for him. For all the Nash'ers, our offense would not suit Nash at all.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Would buy him, won't trade for him. For all the Nash'ers, our offense would not suit Nash at all.
    I'm dying to hear what type of offense we run that Nash wouldn't be effective in.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would sign him in the offseason, but unless the Suns are willing to take a bunch of bench players I wouldn't trade for him.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I'm dying to hear what type of offense we run that Nash wouldn't be effective in.
    I could even claim that we didn't have an offense until the Hawks game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I would sign him in the offseason, but unless the Suns are willing to take a bunch of bench players I wouldn't trade for him.
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Nash DNP - Back and Thigh problems