Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 85 of 85

Thread: Point Guard Update.....

  1. #76

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have the distinct feeling after watching the Hawks game that there is going to be a direct correlation between how well Lance plays and how much he acts like a complete dumba$$ on and off the court. I still can't believe Bird drafted Artest pt. 2.
    Are you serious? Lance may come from the city of hard knocks, and has a tough guy image, because that's the only way you survive in NYC.

    But he does not seem bat **** crazy. He actually seems pretty level headed. You're reasoning is out of line in my book. He actually got cut out of the rotation last year and was demoted to the 4th point guard for violating team rules. So in the summer did he start thuggin it up or change is name to Metta World Peace? No he stayed in Indy and worked really hard on his game.

    I have to get off of this board before my head explodes...

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  3. #77

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would deny that pretty emphatically. Another good word ending in "ically."

    With the exception of the month of December (which still is incredibly strange) he was in the rotation all of last year as well.
    Well until JOB was gone, Posey and McBob were both still playing more important minutes then Tyler and closing games over him. I would not consider last year his first true year in the rotation, but I would call it "essentially" his rookie year where he had his minutes jerked around by an insane coach until Vogel saved us. Just like I would "essentially" say this is his first year truly in the rotation. I know for a fact next game Posey and McBob won't be playing over him. Last year, it was very possible.

  4. #78
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well until JOB was gone, Posey and McBob were both still playing more important minutes then Tyler and closing games over him. I would not consider last year his first true year in the rotation, but I would call it "essentially" his rookie year where he had his minutes jerked around by an insane coach until Vogel saved us. Just like I would "essentially" say this is his first year truly in the rotation. I know for a fact next game Posey and McBob won't be playing over him. Last year, it was very possible.
    Even when JOB was here, with the exception of December he was definitely in the rotation.

    He never played fewer than 15 minutes in any game after that month. It is irrelevant if he was closing the game or not. He was in the rotation.

  5. #79
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you serious? Lance may come from the city of hard knocks, and has a tough guy image, because that's the only way you survive in NYC.

    But he does not seem bat **** crazy. He actually seems pretty level headed. You're reasoning is out of line in my book. He actually got cut out of the rotation last year and was demoted to the 4th point guard for violating team rules. So in the summer did he start thuggin it up or change is name to Metta World Peace? No he stayed in Indy and worked really hard on his game.

    I have to get off of this board before my head explodes...
    Some people confuse "swag" with arrogance. Lance has swag, as many great NYC legends do. Some people have an issue with that and thats their right. I have always said my concern on Lance and maturity issues are not now, but if and when he does become a very good player and starts to recieve national praise
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,081

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some people confuse "swag" with arrogance. Lance has swag, as many great NYC legends do. Some people have an issue with that and thats their right. I have always said my concern on Lance and maturity issues are not now, but if and when he does become a very good player and starts to recieve national praise
    Swag is arrogance when you have done nothing to prove you deserve recognition and praise. Lance has not done so yet, he has only just had his first good game.

  7. #81
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,447

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot believe you guys have such a big problem with Lance being a PG that you can't even recognize that he plays both.

    It's so weird. It's like Lance playing PG phsyically hurts you or something.
    People are invested.

    George Hill defines combo guard. He has some natural ability to make plays and see the floor, but he's not a pure PG.

    Collison is a tiny SG with a good handle. He's not really a combo IMPO because, as good as he is as a SG, he has serious problems passing the ball folks, and he doesn't see the floor.

    Lance was born with the physical gifts teams covet at the PG position, which are great confidence, good handle and moves, physical strength, seeing the floor well and being able to deliver the ball. Those are all helpful to basketball players, so perhaps we should just label him that...a basketball player. But if he were 6'2" he never would have played on the wing. He would have been a natural PG with very good skills at the position.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  9. #82

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is as much of a point guard as Tyreke Evans, Westbrook, Rose, Monta, Curry and the rest of the other PG/G combos in the NBA, who cares what position he plays as long as he does a good job? as somebody else already mentioned, in reality this Pacers team doesn't really have a "pure point guard" they are all combo guards that play more like SG's than point guards anyway.
    Finally, someone brings some logic to the thread.

    The reasoning most here use to exclude Lance from being a point guard would likely limit the number of actual point guards in the league to no more than 10-15. These people can't seem to grasp the fact that there's more than one type of point guard. Hell, the reigning MVP isn't even close to the classical point guard mold, neither is Russell Westbrook. I'd say they're both doing just fine.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:


  11. #83
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Swag is arrogance when you have done nothing to prove you deserve recognition and praise. Lance has not done so yet, he has only just had his first good game.
    I disagree, but ok

    If you mean prove something in the NBA, only that he CAN play

    He was a legend in NYC through highschool
    Sittin on top of the world!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  13. #84

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Swag is arrogance when you have done nothing to prove you deserve recognition and praise. Lance has not done so yet, he has only just had his first good game.
    I'll stick up for Lance here. (Shocker)

    Arrogance "swag" whatever you want to call it...it's better to have it than not. You can't improve unless you think you can improve.

    Will he need to mature, maybe. But I haven't personally seen him do anything idiotic on the court.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,081

    Default Re: Point Guard Update.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll stick up for Lance here. (Shocker)

    Arrogance "swag" whatever you want to call it...it's better to have it than not. You can't improve unless you think you can improve.

    Will he need to mature, maybe. But I haven't personally seen him do anything idiotic on the court.
    I wasn't attacking Lance, I was attacking the idea that swag isn't arrogance if someone hasn't done anything. Thinking you can improve has nothing to do with arrogance or swag. Swag is thinking you are better than others and actually being better.

    I've seen nothing on the court that suggests that Lance is arrogant, or that he even has swag. I just hate idiotic comments that don't understand the meaning of the words being used.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 01-13-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. What Kind of Point Guard is He?
    By PacerGuy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #2 - Miami
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:31 PM
  5. The PD NBA Draft
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •