Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

  1. #26

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    I'd rather look into Manny Harris. Low risk, high reward.

  2. #27
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,802

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Monta may keep you from re-signing Roy, is he worth it? No.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,371

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Doesn't Memphis need a big guy now to replace an injured PF line-up of Z-Bo and Darrell Arthur? Lou Amundson

    Edit: I forgot about Speights, but they could still use an energy big man, right? Lou Amundson

  4. #29
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't Memphis need a big guy now to replace an injured PF line-up of Z-Bo and Darrell Arthur? Lou Amundson

    Edit: I forgot about Speights, but they could still use an energy big man, right? Lou Amundson
    Ah, I had to quote this in order to see who you were implying. I was going to suggest Pendergraph since he's done not much since getting here (not necessarily his fault).

    Who could we get from Memphis or New Jersey (realistically, no Mayo), for a player like Pendergraph/Amundson?
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  5. #30

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, I had to quote this in order to see who you were implying. I was going to suggest Pendergraph since he's done not much since getting here (not necessarily his fault).

    Who could we get from Memphis or New Jersey (realistically, no Mayo), for a player like Pendergraph/Amundson?
    Time to bring back Shawne Williams!!!! jk

  6. #31
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,079

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not happy because he wants to start, even though he's playing just short of 30 minutes a night. Miller's a very solid player, but I have absolutely no interest in bringing him in to start.
    Really? I think starting Dre and moving DC to the backup role will benefit us a lot in the short term.

    On the downside, it would create a logjam among our guards and will probably stunt our young players' development (i.e. Lance). But I think it would help us win games

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,115

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to bring back Shawne Williams!!!! jk
    That would require us to have a player with the last name of Williams to send back in return!

    That has to be one confusing practice session.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. #33
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,355
    Mood

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Pass on the Mayo. I think we need to keep who we have right now and wait to the deadline and see what we can get out of the teams that want to shed salary.

  10. #34
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no they cant afford him next year. They are near the LT and they aren't gonna pay Mayo.
    But it's more than that.

    James is costing Miami a ton of money, more than Mayo costs Memphis. Mayo isn't starting for them even.

    So either he is overpaid for his skill set or he has other issues. When you are worth the money and fit well, you play and don't get traded. Period. Even if there are extras, they'd keep the guy they wanted and trade the one they didn't. Imagine the Pacers trading Paul George to keep Rush.

    Again to remind everyone because it gets kicked aside like no big deal - the dude got a TEN game suspension LAST YEAR for STEROID abuse. He also had the poker game on the team flight issue.


    I would have traded Josh for Mayo rather than just letting Josh go, if that was an option, but as Peck said we are now in an "aim higher" mode.

    The next change/upgrade shouldn't be another borderline starter. We have them. The only realistic deal I've yet heard that made sense was DC for Nash, simply because you have many other young guys to keep growing with (like Hill) and because of the increase at a particular need (offensive awareness/flow).

    You don't trade Collison for Lawson, or trade DJones for Lawson even. You don't try to get Flynn. You've already got DC and Hill.

    So the same goes for Mayo. You have Danny, Paul and Hill. And Larry is trying to develop Lance. We don't need more of the same, we need clearly much better.


    I say no more deals period. Let's figure out what this team can be together over 30-40 games before trying to "fix" it. I view them as in a position of STABILITY and consistent development (roles/goals).
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-13-2012 at 12:59 PM.

  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    I don't want Mayo. He obviously is more of a distraction than we are being told.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #36
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,773

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    The previously discussed deal was Rush + McRoberts for Mayo....

    I would do Jones + Amudson + 2nd rounder for Mayo.

    Amudson could easily be replaced. We can sign someone like Marcus Cousins to fill the void at backup PF/C
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  14. #37
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,128

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO. MORE. MAYO.

    Yeah, hold the mayo.... :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  16. #38
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,703

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    I would rather have Morrow. He's cheaper and different from the rest of the team. He can actually shoot 3pt. at a high clip. He's one of the best shooters in the league. Would be nice in a close game. He would also take Jones minutes which I would like to see.

    BTW, We can't aim to high when it comes to Salary or Pacers would have a hard time to possibly retain our own players and get a quality backup center next year.

  17. #39

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no they cant afford him next year. They are near the LT and they aren't gonna pay Mayo.

    Yeah, but they have to pay Morrow. He isn't free.

  18. #40

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I did notice that Andre Miller is not happy in Denver. I think he'd be a GREAT fit here in Indiana.

    We are thinking alike as I mentioned that earlier this week.

  19. #41

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aim higher.
    This. Our tinkering has most likely taken us as far as it will. I think the front office's next move(s) need to be more of a swing for the fence. Otherwise let the core\chemistry continue to develop.

  20. #42
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,135

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    I agree that of either guy, I would rather have Morrow. I think bringing Mayo in would be nice, but he might stunt the growth of a few guys we already have. Morrow on the other hand can flat out shoot. We are not the best shooting team out there, so he could really help us.

    Unfortunately that trade makes a lot of sense for both teams so I don't see much of an opportunity for the Pacers to get in on it. We don't have much trade bait outside of our core players.

  21. #43

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    I think we should sit tight and sign one of the China guys.

  22. #44
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,268

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should sit tight and sign one of the China guys.
    You mean JR Smith?

    Herb won't touch Wilson Chandler because he's a RFA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #45

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    Hell no! I may catch a lot of flack for saying this, but I would rather see Hill, Lance, and PG get the time. I just think Mayo is the most overrated player to never play on this team. I think all 3 of those players can end up being better than Mayo, and are not that far off from eclipsing him and are much younger.

  24. #46
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    If a deal appears unlikely, as Wojo reported, why are so many people discussing it?

  25. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

    They need to clear some money off their books this year because they are right up on the LT threshold and have said several times they aren't going to pay tax this year. Now they no longer need a big after adding Marreese Speights, Dante Cunningham and Hamed Haddadi so if/when they move Mayo they will want a 3 point shooter back in his place who makes less money than OJ so they can get some roster flexibility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •