Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All star voting numbers as of now Joel Anthony has more votes than Hibbert and Hibbert is not in the top 6

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All Star voting frustrates me! I refuse to be some mindless fringe fan that only votes for the guys that are on his favorite team or the player with the best shoe commercial! I voted for who I truly felt were the best players at each position. Unfortunately, that meant no Pacers on my ballot. There are no starters on this team, but I feel that Roy deserves to be a first time All Star!

Rise up Pacer Nation!!!

Default Re: All star voting numbers as of now Joel Anthony has more votes than Hibbert and Hibbert is not in the top 6

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did Joel Anthony wind up on the ballot? I like him, but the guy's averaging 3 points/4 rebounds a game.
    They needed 12 EC centers on the ballot and decided to choose him over Brook Lopez (injured), JO (understandable at this point in their careers) and Bargnani ( a terrible decision, even without the benefit of hindsight).

Default Re: All star voting numbers as of now Joel Anthony has more votes than Hibbert and Hibbert is not in the top 6

This is not surprising; the reason being: we have no national coverage. We destroyed the Hawks last night and we weren't even on the main lineup of Sportscenter today. Nobody knows anything about the Pacers except Danny G is on the team.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This is not surprising; the reason being: we have no national coverage. We destroyed the Hawks last night and we weren't even on the main lineup of Sportscenter today. Nobody knows anything about the Pacers except Danny G is on the team.
    Who?

Signed,

Conservatively 90% of America
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

"Is Joel Anthony the one they call 'Mellow'? He's supposed to be good."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

If Roy keeps playing like this, he'll get the coaches nod. He's a coaches wet dream right now, efficient offense, high amount of blocks, and low fouls.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The only guys that could take the place from Hibbert could be Bogut,Andrea B or Tyson Chandler.

Greg Monroe is a possible candidate. 30/16 tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Greg Monroe is a possible candidate. 30/16 tonight.
    His team sucks bad, they don't usually vote for players in bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The $64,000 question is how much more is Hibbert going to cost the Pacers if he makes the Allstar game?
    Definitely more than $64,000.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread too. It would be a huge confidence booster for Roy though. I'd love to see it happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who cares? I mean, there's no way he gets more votes than Howard and coaches vote for non-starters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Who cares? I mean, there's no way he gets more votes than Howard and coaches vote for non-starters, right?
    Because right now there are nearly 42,000 people who decided that Joel Anthony should be in the all-star game over guys like Hibbert and Al Horford. Not only that but those people also must think that Anthony is an all-star over Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, and Joakim Noah. Smh.

It is just sad to see Hibbert not get the respect and recgonition he deserves. JaVale McGee can but not Hibbert.

It's probably because they were making fun of the fact Joel Anthony was on the ballot on... TNT I think it was? So everyone got the bright idea to vote for him as a joke.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oxxo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    Because right now there are nearly 42,000 people who decided that Joel Anthony should be in the all-star game over guys like Hibbert and Al Horford. Not only that but those people also must think that Anthony is an all-star over Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, and Joakim Noah. Smh.

It is just sad to see Hibbert not get the respect and recgonition he deserves. JaVale McGee can but not Hibbert.
    They're heat fans and Sports Center hyped McGee, what do you expect? Roy has earned a few votes, with Horford out, I can't imagine Roy not coming off the bench - especially after he dominated Spencer Hawes.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    They're heat fans and Sports Center hyped McGee, what do you expect? Roy has earned a few votes, with Horford out, I can't imagine Roy not coming off the bench - especially after he dominated Spencer Hawes.
    There's still a long way to go.

Andrea Bargnani is a very viable candidate. Andrew Bogut is back and he's certainly going to be a candidate. Hibbert has decent shot but it is far from a lock of any sort.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Like I said, Joel must have a big family ramming down the votes for him. It's the only real possibility.

Mood

He's on the Miami Heat so all the stupid bandwagon fans are voting for him, plus there's probably some humor/rebellion voting too.
    It's not a big deal considering Dwight is gonna start anyway and really what do you expect? No one gives a **** about The Pacers outside Indiana. Roy is gonna compete with Chandler, Bogut and Noah, if he can start producing, for the coaches vote.
    Btw to all the people that mention bargnani, he's playing forward this year NOT CENTER