Thread: Kstat... what happened?

Default Kstat... what happened?

I figured that would be an easy win for you guys.

Ahh, well, catch us if you can.

Pacers for Division Champions!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

sweabs

Default Re: Kstat... what happened?

I watched the game of course (every stupid Raptor game).

But like I said, before even pre-season began...this is going to be a good Raptor team. They will surprise a lot of people.

They are having fun out there...they are running the floor - they don't have the reigns that Kevin O'Neil placed on them all.

Alston is a perfect point guard for this team. And Vince is actually starting to play as a team player. And, Bosh, of course is truly spectacular...the kid is something special.

But I definitely didn't expect the 17pt/14rb game from Loren Woods against Ben Wallace/Rasheed Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Vince is actually starting to play as a team player.
    As someone who has VC on my fantasy team this is TERRIBLE news! lol

Toronto's reserves outscored Detroit's backups 30-8. The Pistons' reserves scored only six points in their season-opening win on Tuesday.

HHHmmmm...

[edit=97=1099712873][/edit]
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    Toronto's reserves outscored Detroit's backups 30-8. The Pistons' reserves scored only six points in their season-opening win on Tuesday.

HHHmmmm...

Positive signs so far, but I won't put much faith in it unless it's still happening in a month.

canyoufeelit

...and then again maybe the vaunted Pistons bench really isn't nearly as good as we thought it was.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't toot to many horn's yet , until the last 6 mins or so we looked like a subpar team tonight against the Celtics , coulda easily been a loss for us tonight also

canyoufeelit

Actually I know why Detroit lost: (1) lack of bench production, (2) Gar Heard not knowing how to call a timeout, (3) Rasheed having a subpar game, (4) not having Corliss who usually kills the Raps, (5) Chauncey and Rip turning it over, (6) poor FT shooting, 14-24? or something like that.

But Toronto will surprise. They are not a pushover anymore. Lot of talent between VC, Bosh, Marshall, Rose, etc... they finally found the right guy in Alston to put it all together.

Oh, I fully expect the Pistons to come out and win their next game 80-60. But it's going to be a race for the division this year, and every Pacer win/ Detroit loss is a big one.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    Actually I know why Detroit lost: (1) lack of bench production, (2) Gar Heard not knowing how to call a timeout, (3) Rasheed having a subpar game, (4) not having Corliss who usually kills the Raps, (5) Chauncey and Rip turning it over, (6) poor FT shooting, 14-24? or something like that.

But Toronto will surprise. They are not a pushover anymore. Lot of talent between VC, Bosh, Marshall, Rose, etc... they finally found the right guy in Alston to put it all together.

I have to agree with all of those.

Gar Heard is a complete Moron. He has no freaking clue how to coach a game. Carlos Delfino is by FAR our best backup guard, and he played like 6 minutes. I'm sending Larry Brown 3 or 4 get well cards tomorrow.

That, and every team is going to bring their A game vs Detroit this year. It reminds me of 1990, when the LA Clippers beat us down TWICE. Not because they were good, but because out of all the NBA teams, they were satisfied with just beating us once.

The way the Raptors shot the ball tonight, the 96 Bulls couldnt have beaten them. They took some REALLY bad shots, but all of them just kept going in. I doubt the Raptors will win 40 games, because its not often you're going to win EXCLUSIVELY shooting 20-footers. I dont think Toronto had one post up the entire night. EVentually, that will cost them.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Yeah, we all know it was a fluke, Kstat. But that doesn't mean we can't revel in it.

The Indiana Pacers, #1 in the East.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PistonsDynasty

The most important part of the Pistons wasn't in Toronto.

Darko hurt his ankle

And Larry Brown is recover'n from his hip surgery

Yeah I hope he gets better.

Uhh....Larry that is. Darko can stay hurt for all I care...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Boy, if Woods can keep playing like a real NBA center, wow.

Of course, all their additions don't matter. We all know the difference is really Sam Mitchell.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

Vince's shot wasn't working (shot 5-16) but found ways to still make a difference.

And yes...Loren Woods looked good. But he looks so fragile underneath the net...I keep thinking he is just going to snap in half.

Is there a lighter frontcourt in the NBA than Woods/Bosh?

Enjoy your time at PD!

As side notes. The Piston defense definately isn't in mid-season form just yet and whoever came up with the brigth idea of sending all the back-ups in at once (LB did it in the 1st game and Gar did it against Toronto) should be shot. Thankfully, GH did not repeat that mistake against Philly tonight.