Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on this team from a somewhat disolusioned / starting to have new hope fan

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Thoughts on this team from a somewhat disolusioned / starting to have new hope fan

12 and 6 off the bench and leading the team in FT attempts, man I hate that. Bad Hans!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

JEM

Sports Logo

Default Re: Thoughts on this team from a somewhat disolusioned / starting to have new hope fan

Unclebuck Naptownmenace Cramerica Magic Rat and others I feel bad I did not mention you guys the first time so hey!!

I am not sure bandwagon is the best word since I had no idea how they were doing so I did not come back because they were winning. It was my longtime love of the pacers that brought me back not anything else. They are simply not in the news in Fort Wayne, I think anyone who was around to argue about the merits of picking up Detlef is not really a band-wagoner.

I guess I should not say I hate Hans I dont know enough about his time as a Pacer to hate him properly, it was drafting him when we needed a guard far more than another soft big and frankly I was just un-impressed with him.

I saw Larry Bird drafting another great white hope when we should have taken Collison. (yes I get the irony that we ended up with him anyway) and I just got fed up. I also got very busy and I let it stop me from even checking it out.

Banned

another soft big
    Hansbrough is anything but soft.

Banned

The reason's behind people hating players on their favorite team is comical.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tyler Hansbrough is a lot of things, both good and bad - but soft appears nowhere on those lists.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo

As I said this is my impression and that I have simply not watched since he was drafted until this year. Playing decent against bench players means nothing to me by that measure Jonathan Bender was a GREAT player.So I have not seen him bang with the bigs and hold his own so far.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome back Ragnar. At the risk of chasing you away again, I wonder...did you ever find that DVD that you were going to send to me? I've got good balcony seats I can give you to just about whatever game you want in the regular season if you did.
    Sorry man I have looked everywhere and just cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    last week of the season, 4 home-game stretch, i will be there, will you ?
    I will see what I can do been crazy busy

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    As I said this is my impression and that I have simply not watched since he was drafted until this year. Playing decent against bench players means nothing to me by that measure Jonathan Bender was a GREAT player.So I have not seen him bang with the bigs and hold his own so far.
    He did start for awhile last season and averaged something like 16 and 7. He also had a huge first game in the playoffs against the Bulls but fell off after getting clocked in the head ( that was one ugly bruise on and around his ear ).

Tyler is really a starter quality player coming off the bench.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Unclebuck Naptownmenace Cramerica Magic Rat and others I feel bad I did not mention you guys the first time so hey!!

I am not sure bandwagon is the best word since I had no idea how they were doing so I did not come back because they were winning. It was my longtime love of the pacers that brought me back not anything else. They are simply not in the news in Fort Wayne, I think anyone who was around to argue about the merits of picking up Detlef is not really a band-wagoner.
    I'm sorry but this is the very definition of a bandwagon fan. You know all sorts of great stuff about the team when their winning and relevant, but then disappear for years and come back when the team gives you something to notice.

Lets face it, you might not have been paying attention lately, but you obviously caught a few games recently and now the team has given you reason to pause. If in those few games you watched, the team totally sucked you probably wouldn't be posting here today.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the very definition of a bandwagon fan. You know all sorts of great stuff about the team when their winning and relevant, but then disappear for years and come back when the team gives you something to notice.

Lets face it, you might not have been paying attention lately, but you obviously caught a few games recently and now the team has given you reason to pause. If in those few games you watched, the team totally sucked you probably wouldn't be posting here today.
    Ok, you've had your say. Now let's let this drop. Whatever reason Ragnar is back are his own.

He was absolutely one of the best posters ever and I for one hope that he is back and will start posting again.

Now Ragnar let me state this about Tyler. Soft and Tyler are words that cannot be used in the same sentence unless you are saying "Tyler Hansbrough makes most other forwards look soft". Even Able who apperantly is not a fan either would agree that he is a physical brute.

You know my love of Dale Davis so you know when I say this it is high praise. Tyler puts more people on their @sses than anybodn not named Dale Davis for the Pacers.

We still need a good dribbling point guard though.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post: