Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fred Jones is better than Stephen Jackson right now

Default Re: Fred Jones is better than Stephen Jackson right now

Haha...if it makes you feel better, he actually does play defense and do the little things which Rose did not.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Jax hasnt been worried about shooting, he is trying to pass the ball to his teammates and show that he isnt a ball hog. I'm sure Rick will work him in the offense and get him more shots after all it has only been 2 games.

Sports Logo

I think Gill is an upgrade over Johnson. I was not happy we signed him but I am ok with him now. I would much rather see him on the floor than AJ.

I would also like to see Freddie get some pt at the point because I think he has the skills to be a decent pg. Maybe not Tins good but better than AJ or Gill.

I loved Freddies drives that really made me happy. It is so good to see a player attack the rim.

I know I harp on this a lot, but my one problem with Fred showed itself in the Cleveland game.

He was guarding James, who just stood there, looked down at him, then shot right over him. :

He's a great player for his size, but he's just too damn small to start, and needs to work on his handle before he can play point. He passes well in the halfcourt, but he hasn't shown me he can get past a press at all.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

TexasPacer

Freddie has had two great games coming off of the bench and sparking game winning rallies. I wonder what is going through Reggies mind as he watches Jackson and Freddie on the court?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by TexasPacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Freddie has had two great games coming off of the bench and sparking game winning rallies. I wonder what is going through Reggies mind as he watches Jackson and Freddie on the court?
    It's a good question...perhaps he will request to come off the bench after his injury, like Jermaine is doing.
    [edit=290=1099845150][/edit]

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TexasPacer
    I know one thing, he's thinking the team appears to be in pretty good hands at the SG spot in the years to come.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I know I harp on this a lot, but my one problem with Fred showed itself in the Cleveland game.

He was guarding James, who just stood there, looked down at him, then shot right over him. :

He's a great player for his size, but he's just too damn small to start, and needs to work on his handle before he can play point. He passes well in the halfcourt, but he hasn't shown me he can get past a press at all.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

In defense of Fred, has AJ shown that he can handle a full-court press? As I remember, Dwyane Wade and Rafer Alston gave him fits. I just don't see how Jones would be any worse than AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

I think Freddie would be about 3rd down the list of players who would get the assignment to be guarding LeBron (Ronnie and SJax coming ahead of him). Not many teams have 6'8 SG's which Freddie will be asked to guard either..

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBron hardly lacks in offense.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

We put Jax on him. No problemo.
    That's kinda the point... We'd play Jax over Jones. He's not saying we're in trouble, he's saying there are a lot of situations where it would be hard to play Jones if he can't adapt to the 1.

Bron's not the only one to do that to Freddy, either. Although with a 7' wingspan and a decent vertical, Freddy plays bigger than he looks.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!