Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Jones is better than Stephen Jackson right now

Default Fred Jones is better than Stephen Jackson right now

I am not starting this thread to rip Jackson, but from what I have seen the first two games Freddie is better than Jackson right now.

Freddie was extremely impressive tonight, his rebounding, defense (one-on-one, and great team defense) his ability to creat offense is very impressive, if he keeps this up he will be in the regular rotation at the expense of someone.

Fred got that huge uplifting dunk tonight when the pacers were down 6 early in the 4th.

I just love Fred's on court demeanor.

RA231

Default Re: Fred Jones is better than Stephen Jackson right now

He played more minutes that Jackson did tonight, but it was only by a minute. But I agree, so far he has played better. Its just 2 games into the season though.

ImCrazyB

First two games...

SJax looked like a monster in the pre-season.

SJax is a much better SG for now then FJones is mainly because he is a bigger and better defender and capable of grabbing more boards then Freddie is. But Fred definitely has a nastier dunk then SJax..Theres no denying that...But saying FJones is better then SJax just because he has had a bad start is just stupid. Maybe a couple years down the road when Freddie develops a little more..This will be a more valid argument.

Thats all I have to say.

Mood

So far he's been better. But I think that'll balance out once Jax stops shooting cold.

I think Rick thinks Fred's playing better. When the game was tight Fred was on the floor and Jackson was on the bench.

Maybe Jack hasn't adapted to Rick's expectations yet.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I know Rick was pissed when Jackson took that three at the end of the first quarter with 14 seconds left when he should have held the ball for the last shot, and then the Celts hit a three.

The penetrations off the dribble were a welcome sight from Freddie.

I still see point guard possibilities.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I think Freddy's playing better in Carlisle's ssystem, sure. Jax did a lot of his preseason damage in games that were before the system got put in place.

He'll catch up. It is nice to see Freddy doing well, though.

Gonna be weird when Reggie comes back.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Carlisle just needs to find a way to work S-Jax into the game.

Mood

I don't see Fred as a PG now. He's just not that good of a passer.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Freds rebounding was very impressive.IMO S.Jax needs to improve the D alittle.Freds dunks are always awesome and he seems to do them right when we need some inspiration and they help.But its only 2 games into the season.I expect S.Jax to start hitting some more jumpers tommorow which he started to do tonight alittle. 2-0 baby!! Keep it up!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

As if I ever doubted Fred
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Freddy's playing better in Carlisle's ssystem, sure. Jax did a lot of his preseason damage in games that were before the system got put in place.
    Yeah, give Stephen some time. He's new; Fred has been here just a tad longer.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Freddie has Had his moments , I am just Shocked no one has praised Croshere alittle , the man has been great the first 2 games

Sports Logo

UB I was thinking the exact same thing during the game tonight. I was sitting there thinking hey maybe we didnt need Ajax Fred seems to be doing just fine.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Freddie had a great line tonight. 8 rebounds along with 4 to 2 assists to turnovers. Hit all his threes and free throws.

Other great lines: Croshere (8 boards) and great shooting. And how bout David Harrison leading team in offensive rebounds, and 2 for 2 shooting and 4 for 6 free throws? I'm stoked.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    UB I was thinking the exact same thing during the game tonight. I was sitting there thinking hey maybe we didnt need Ajax Fred seems to be doing just fine.
    Why is that a Freddie clearly has had more time in Rick's system vs Sjax ..we all seen Sjax can play and I fully expect him to breakout soon.

SJax will be a difference maker in games just like Fred was tonight.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo

Good point Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I don't see Fred as a PG now. He's just not that good of a passer.
    Are we watching the same Gill? Did you see him dribble the ball out of bounds with nobody on him? Compare that to Freddie's great pass to Croshere to pretty much seal the game.

I'd take Freddy as our backup PG right now, and leave Gill on the third string. AJ might end up on the third string if he takes too long and Freddy gets used to PG.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I thought Gill played pretty well and his defensive game is outstanding, he was able to put the clamps on Payton after Tinsley was having some trouble

Oh, Gill did fine. But I'd still like to see Freddy getting the backup PG minutes.

I like Tinsley a lot, but thought Carlisle played him too much tonight. He was just off.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Gill is an upgrade from Kenny.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Some of you are being defensive when it comes to SJ. My intent was not to be critical of Jackson at all. His rebounding has been great, I have no problems with the way he has played.

I like having them both and it gives the Pacers great athleticism and it allows the coaching staff to mix and match the lineups to the Pacers benefit.

One thing about Jackson's offense he is very streaky, he needs to be allowed to take a few shots to get into a groove and when he does he can score 15 points in a quarter. That is where he is like Jalen Rose. Jackson won't get in a groove, taking one shot a quarter, he needs volume. Thay is one reason why I believe he should come of the bench so he gets more shots per minute.

"That is where he is like Jalen Rose. "