Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

From what I saw of it, that was a very exciting win for us! And surprising, for me. I went into this game thinking we'd lose. Then I saw Granger, Hill, Hibbert were all okay and playing, and I knew we'd give them a run.

I can't wait to shoot tomorrow's post-game. Fingers crossed for a Pacers-heavy highlight reel. That means less facetime!
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    ?? They did not stop. Two guys came after the ball when we had the ball and shot clock turned off. They were not sitting around waiting for the game to end.
    Just watched the end of the Texas Tech KU game. KU was up huge tech was pressuring the ball with 30 seconds left. KU just passed the clock out which is the right thing to do.

besides that I thought this was the best game as a team we played all season very good game all around.

25 assists is a good sign
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Troy Murphy part 2 would be great coming off the bench, our 3 smaller players on the second unit all love to taking it inside so stretching the floor would be a plus for them. So moving DC and Tyler in that trade would make our starting 5 elite and improve the balance of our 2nd unit.
    I think Troy Murphy types are good for 8-12 minutes off the bench. I think if we move Tyler Frye would probably get more time than that. Like I said earlier, it's just not the style of play I want out of my PF.

You could be right about eventual bench trouble, but I don't see any indications of it now and I'm not going to assume it'll be a problem based on no evidence. I think West will get more minutes, but he will sometimes slide over to C, depending on the game, to make more room for Tyler. He told Bird he was cool with that. I guess we'll see. I think Foster and Tyler are OK together and Foster won't be here forever.

As for Lance playing 20 minutes per game. I guess I'd be surprised if he averages that this year. But it still comes down to the fact that I don't see us getting an elite point guard for DC and Tyler, and I like the team we've got on the floor right now. Ask me again about making moves near the deadline.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

We'd be crazy to make any trade. I don't think we should even think about making a move. We have a very good team, a lot better than most of you guys thought. We are by far one of the deepest teams. I think we will finish 3rd in the east. I'm glad Lance got some playing time; I wasn't as impressed as most of you though. He wasn't doing anything spectacular. Yes, he hit some shots but nothing too spectacular. Lance is still really green and needs a lot more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    The Pony-Tailed Weirdo Collins should have hit him harder than he did. If you don't think Atlanta will remember that bush league play when we see them again later this year, you're nuts. He followed it up by going wide right on the first free throw. I hope he hears about that retarded from both his teammates (I'm looking at you D. West) and the coaches. Just garbage.
    He'll hear about it. Of this you can be sure. Undisciplined move, but also undisciplined to retaliate.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

By the way, it's hysterical that this Tyler fan wants to immediately trade him because we're "hurting his value by playing him with Jeff Foster," because he had one really awful game.

I agree. We should trade Tyler to some team where Tyler can play 48 a night and shoot every possession, while not having his greedy teammates actually going for rebounds that should rightfully belong to #50 because he's a psycho legend.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Just read the box score after coming home from the game. We were out-rebounded. But that advantage must have elapsed in the fourth quarter when it was garbage time.

I think we played everyone tonight, which was nice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I ike how you know everything
    I don't know everything but I do know we have 9 guys who love to score and only one ball and 240 min a game to hand out. Our weakest starter is playing the 2nd most of time per game and out 2 star big guys are 4th and 5th in PT with West ever so close to bin 6th.

Tyler who is my favorite player on the team I wouldn't be open for moving him if it didn't make the Pacers a elite team, and getting Roy and West more time and adding Nash does that.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Just watched the end of the Texas Tech KU game. KU was up huge tech was pressuring the ball with 30 seconds left. KU just passed the clock out which is the right thing to do.
    I believe passing the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds is standard fare in the NCAA.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Speaking of which... wowzers... That's some domination.

Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I like that Ivan Johnson guy. Even if his only NBA skills are hustle and being a very wide man, one of the funnest things about the NBA is seeing a guy that's 27 years old that no one's ever heard of biding his time and putting in work then finally getting a chance. I'd take him over either of Lou or Pendergraph certainly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tyler who is my favorite player on the team I wouldn't be open for moving him if it didn't make the Pacers a elite team, and getting Roy and West more time and adding Nash does that.
    In this wild sprint of a season, getting Roy and D-West more minutes is NOT a good thing. And trading for a 37 year old? Let's not and say we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg
    I like that Ivan Johnson guy. Even if his only NBA skills are hustle and being a very wide man, one of the funnest things about the NBA is seeing a guy that's 27 years old that no one's ever heard of biding his time and putting in work then finally getting a chance. I'd take him over either of Lou or Pendergraph certainly.
    Turns out ole Ivan has a bit of the Ron Artest in him. He got asked to leave a college for "anger management" issues, and hes also BANNED FOR LIFE from South Korean professional leagues, apparently for flipping off a ref.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 01-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd take him over either of Lou or Pendergraph certainly.
    I'm sorry, and no offense, but that's just nonsense to me.

Glad we won, but Atlanta was gassed. I don't think I've seen a team that gassed in a long time.

Good job by our coaches to recognize that and pick up the pace.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I love watching Lance at the 2. I want to see more of that. Let HIll or Collison set up the offense and then let Lance have the ball. It's the best way for things to work right now for him and us. He's a scorer, let him score.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know everything but I do know we have 9 guys who love to score and only one ball and 240 min a game to hand out. Our weakest starter is playing the 2nd most of time per game and out 2 star big guys are 4th and 5th in PT with West ever so close to bin 6th.

And our guy that has been scoring 20ppg said he us relieved that he doesnt have to score 20 a night to make sure thus team has a chance at winning. These guys want to win more than anything.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I love watching Lance at the 2. I want to see more of that. Let HIll or Collison set up the offense and then let Lance have the ball. It's the best way for things to work right now for him and us. He's a scorer, let him score.
    When lance was scoring he was playing PG.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    When lance was scoring he was playing PG.
    I don't know how you could say that. Lance didn't bring the ball up once tonight.

Banned

I don't know how you could say that. Lance didn't bring the ball up once tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance was in with Jones and PG if I remember correctly. Hed be running the point in either of those scenarios
    I Bleed Blue

Sure he did. I'm watching the game right now, and he did... multiple times.

Not sure what the obsession with labeling is, though. The guy belonged out there tonight, which is a good sign.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    Lance was in with Jones and PG if I remember correctly. Hed be running the point in either of those scenarios
    Lance was always out there with Hill or Collison. The only time he brought the ball up was off a rebound. And at the end he was out there with Price.

Banned

By the way, it's hysterical that this Tyler fan wants to immediately trade him because we're "hurting his value by playing him with Jeff Foster," because he had one really awful game.

I agree. We should trade Tyler to some team where Tyler can play 48 a night and shoot every possession, while not having his greedy teammates actually going for rebounds that should rightfully belong to #50 because he's a psycho legend.
    Has always blocked out and defers to Jeff on defensive rebounds this isn't a new thing, If you actually watched the games you would have noticed how he attacks to boards before Jeff came back.

Also this post shows just how stupid you really are! Tyler is close to getting more PT than West and if he didn't have to leave last game early he likely would be so why in hell would I want to send him to the Suns where he would likely see less PT?

Tyler Hansbrough He was awful offensively
    How was he awful on offense he shot 4-of-9 and lost the ball going up on a easy make for one of the misses?

I sure will be glad when Josh gets over his sore toe so you can go watch some Lakers games and stop hanging out and posting so much hate on Pacers players around here. It would be funny if you called Jeff was a waste because he didn't play and he ends up passing your boy in games played this year.

Yes he did. And he was often the recipient of the outlet pass, setting up the offense. He played at the 2 next to AJ and that didnt work as well as the rest of the game.

Just so you guys know 82games agrees that Lance was the shooting guard tonight. The past three games Lance has been healthy (Miami, Philly and tonight), he's been playing the two.