West 24:09
    Hibbert 24:24
    George 20:54
    Collison 27:49

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know when Foster hit that three, Jim O'Brien had to have a big ole' smile on his face
    No, instead it made him sad to think Foster could've been a stretch 4 yet refused to show him that part of his game.

Good second half by the Pacers and nice job keeping the game close until they could find themselves and turn up the intensity.

I liked hearing Vogel channel Larry Brown... "....play the right way...."
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I was trying to be funny, thanks for stealing my thunder

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

That game was so much fun, i'ma watch it again

Also please let someone on the wizards learn to shoot for this next quarter or so, so that they can beat the bulls.
    Last edited by TheDon; 01-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I was trying to be funny, thanks for stealing my thunder
    As always, you're welcome.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sure, not a bad idea, but answer this.

Who exactly do you think is going to give up a "Star PG" for Tyler and DC?
    The player we'd land wouldn't even have to be a "star", just a star on our team. Danny and D West aren't "stars" but they are stars on our team.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    As always, you're welcome.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok, so Foster is now 7 for 54 from three. Why the hell has foster taken 54 threes?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Roy Hibbert blocked a shot so hard it sprained the shooters shoulder. True Story....
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Ok, so Foster is now 7 for 54 from three. Why the hell has foster taken 54 threes?
    Because he's played 750+ games and crashes the glass like a madman, I'm sure the vast majority of those are at the buzzer heaves.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Shot clock expiring, end of quarter, ...

I remember Foster hitting one at the buzzer versus the 76ers a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Anyone else think we should move Hansbrough? I think we could become elite by moving Tyler a DC for a star PG.

With the way Lance was scoring tonight and having Hill, Jones who can score we would be better off going with Lou/Pendergraph at PF for reduced time and extending West's time to what he's more accustom too. Tyler's rebounding vanishes when Jeff is in there resulting in him blocking all the time out letting others swoop in and clean up the miss.

I'm a Tyler fan and like DC but I think the Pacers would become a way better team by doing this.
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-11-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Assorted thoughts:

LOU - I didn't have a problem with the scoring attempt by Lou. We stop when they stop. They were still playing hard, so why is it our guys' job to stop playing? If it's Danny Granger trying to pad his stats, then sure. But the end-of-bench guys are auditioning for more time.

LANCE - Not seeing the whole "He's a SG" thing going on in the game thread. Lance was most effective when matched with George Hill. In that combo, who's the point guard? Who cares? Play two combo guards out there and let them go. It worked well. Lance wasn't as effective next to AJ.

PENDERGRAPH - Am I crazy that I thought he looked better than I expected out there? Clearly he had some truly awful rust to shake off, but he actually moves like an NBA player. There's some skills there. He just needs to get back into the speed of a real NBA game. I thought he'd be a stiff, but I could see him developing into a rotation player for us in the next couple of years.

STARTER'S MINUTES - Everybody under 30. Perfect. Keep 'em fresh for tomorrow.

INFERNO - Look, he's not the Event Horizon people make him out to be. But if we decided to upgrade the on-the-floor product at the deadline, backup SF is probably our easiest place to do so. That being said, I think he's a valuable guy to have on the bench and in the lockerroom.

DANNY - Nice to see Danny starting to get his groove back. But I didn't think this was that great of a game for him. Compared to his recent body of work, sure. But he didn't get many calls or lucky drops. The ball bounces differently and he could have easily been over 30. This is close to what I think he can consistently produce for us, though. Strong shooting, good defense (he had several nice deflections), and good passing and decision-making. He really passed well in the first quarter, and he was cheering guys and calming them down all night long. He's definitely taken Paul George under his wing, he was in his ear all night.

TYLER - Dude needs to go back to the rec specs. The glasses were distracting him.

WEST - Started strong and trailed off fast. Wish we'd rested him more.

That's it for now. Really fun game to watch.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Possibly the nets at the trade deadline if they 100% know they are losing him.

What feels so good about this game is being a Pacer fan for last 20 years or so and knowing how the Hawks have completely owned us for the past 4 years. To smash them like so tonight, was just really satisfying.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    No. Lance was great, but I'm not ready to go that far on the strength of one game. And we don't want to count on Jones to score. And we're not going to get a star PG for Tyler and DC alone. I could go on, but I think that's sufficient.
    With the current set up we are going to eventually have some unhappy people. 4 of our 5 bench guys all want to score and West isn't going to like keeping reduced PT in his 2 year deal.

I don't know whats out there but adding Nash and Channing Frye would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    If we're able to land a truly elite guy, sure. But, after tonight's game, I wouldn't mess with anything.
    Tonight was fine but West isn't going to keep liking 27 MGP after getting massive PT the last several years. Tyler doesn't rebound well with Jeff out there IMO and losing one the positives he brings reduces he value and West does need more PT so taking away time from him will also hurt Tyler's value and with Lou and Jeff P we are wasting money for two guys to rarely play.

Mood

Right? I thought, "that's probably Foster's first 3-pointer of his life!" And then Denari says he's now 7-54, and I thought the same thing. When and WHY has Foster shot 54 threes in his career!?

When he hit that shot though, the game was over. We absolutely killed them in the 3rd Q, and Jeff kicked them in the nuts with that shot.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    The player we'd land wouldn't even have to be a "star", just a star on our team. Danny and D West aren't "stars" but they are stars on our team.
    That's a good point.

What PG do you think we could get that would be a "star' on our team, that we could get for DC and Tyler?
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Assorted thoughts:

LOU - I didn't have a problem with the scoring attempt by Lou. We stop when they stop. They were still playing hard, so why is it our guys' job to stop playing? If it's Danny Granger trying to pad his stats, then sure. But the end-of-bench guys are auditioning for more time.

LANCE - Not seeing the whole "He's a SG" thing going on in the game thread. Lance was most effective when matched with George Hill. In that combo, who's the point guard? Who cares? Play two combo guards out there and let them go. It worked well. Lance wasn't as effective next to AJ.

PENDERGRAPH - Am I crazy that I thought he looked better than I expected out there? Clearly he had some truly awful rust to shake off, but he actually moves like an NBA player. There's some skills there. He just needs to get back into the speed of a real NBA game. I thought he'd be a stiff, but I could see him developing into a rotation player for us in the next couple of years.

INFERNO - Look, he's not the Event Horizon people make him out to be. But if we decided to upgrade the on-the-floor product at the deadline, backup SF is probably our easiest place to do so. That being said, I think he's a valuable guy to have on the bench and in the lockerroom.

DANNY - Nice to see Danny starting to get his groove back. But I didn't think this was that great of a game for him. Compared to his recent body of work, sure. But he didn't get many calls or lucky drops. The ball bounces differently and he could have easily been over 30. This is close to what I think he can consistently produce for us, though. Strong shooting, good defense (he had several nice deflections), and good passing and decision-making. He really passed well in the first quarter, and he was cheering guys and calming them down all night long. He's definitely taken Paul George under his wing, he was in his ear all night.

TYLER - Dude needs to go back to the rec specs. The glasses were distracting him.

?? They clearly stopped it is basketball unwritten rule to let the clock run out. I proablly would of closed lined him as well.

DG *****ed about the Raptors doing it last year(when we did it to them first). It just makes you look like a poor sport and is very stupid thing that Lou did IMO.

Im sure the coaching staff will make sure they don't do it again.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Assorted thoughts:

Did anyone else notice where PG sits in the bench. Right between Granger and West. I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Because he's played 750+ games and crashes the glass like a madman, I'm sure the vast majority of those are at the buzzer heaves.
    54 still seems high. Thats like one every 15 games.

Banned

Good numbers by Lance today 12 points 5 rebounds 3ast 1stl 1blk and 3to in 18 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Tonight was fine but West isn't going to keep liking 27 MGP after getting massive PT the last several years. Tyler doesn't rebound well with Jeff out there IMO and losing one the positives he brings reduces he value and West does need more PT so taking away time from him will also hurt Tyler's value and with Lou and Jeff P we are wasting money for two guys to rarely play.

West is fine with it, he didn't come to Indiana to be "the man". He came here for a myriad of reasons. I mean the man mentioned one of main reasons many times in his first interview... that being DEPTH..

David wants to win and make some legit runs for some rings.. And he knows our team as it is currently constructed, can do just that once our chemistry clicks, and we grow together as a team into our potential ..

He done said that evenly sharing minutes with Tyler doesn't bother him at all. Heck he seemed excited about it ... Plus he picks up his extra minutes to even out by backing up Roy and Foster ...

LOL @ wanting Channing Frye .. no thanks... He is alright, but... nahhhh

I love Nash, matter of fact, he's been one of my fav. players, but at this point in his career with it winding down, it's just not worth losing any of our core for a year or 2 rental of a 38yr old player..

I'd rather have DC and watch him grow into and become our point guard for years to come, than find ourselves back to square 1 in a year or 2 at the pg position..

Last edited by Kemo; 01-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

54 still seems high. Thats like one every 15 games.
    He put up 15 in 01/02. The hell was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He put up 15 in 01/02. The hell was that about?
    Damn, cant even blame that on JOB

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post: