Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

The one big observation I've had over the past few games, is that we're struggling on our perimeter D, particularly at the 2. Joe Johnson, Lou Williams, Gerald Henderson, and Ray Allen all got wide open looks against us over the past 4 games. It seems that it happens mostly with our starting unit. It seems like George is failing to keep track of his man on help inside.

Johnson tonight had at least 2 *wide* open looks tonight, which made it seem like more of a trend to me than a couple game aberrancy.

OTOH, our post defense is looking sa-weet more often than not. Agree with everyone who suggests we should get the Hibbs extension done sooner than later.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Great win tonight, but I left the game thinking we would be so much better if PG just tried harder at times. He's got all the tools to be great, but I'd personally like to see him be more assertive both offensively and defensively. Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I definitely noticed it tonight.

Half the reason they don't show us on ESPN is because our biggest play makers aren't "sexy".

No one else cares that Foster hit a 3. No one rlly cares about Danny even if he is our best all around player. Or Roy or Tyler or etc...

The only way they start showing us on ESPN is if we have a top 3 record in the east twenty games from now. Even then I wouldn't put it past them to make an excuse to not show us.

If someone like Paul or Lance breaks out soon for their epic dunks or crazy skills, then I can easily see us becoming a media darling.

NOTE: Not that any of this actually matters. If we keep winning and they wanna show the knicks vs nets highlights instead, that is fine by me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In that Trade we would get back another 6-11 player.
    That plays like he is 6'5"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    That plays like he is 6'5"
    He players stronger than that, he gets far more defensive rebounds than Tyler and gets more blocks. He looked good beating us with a OT buzzer beater last year picking up a double-double.

Exclamation Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

You are quite the jackass bro. Trading Tyler to the Suns isn't going to be a positive for him they have a guy who needs more PT that he's getting at PF already. If I wanted Tyler to go somewhere he would play more I would said to Memphis who had their #1 and #2 PF go down not some place he would lose PT you dullard.

You wine about DC and then I include Tyler in a move to get Steve Nash the #2 assist man in the NBA right and say even West should be getting more time and you make it about Tyler.

Ridiculous is right!
    LOL You have some balls man, to come in here after only just joining, over this last week, namecalling and throwing insults at longtime members..

You should tone that sh#% down man.. It's a quick way to get put on everyone's sh%@-list ...

If you can't be respectful to other members and act like you got some sense, you won't last long here....

Just a heads up..

BTW welcome to the forum..
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-12-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    LOL You have some balls kid, to come in here after only just joining, over this last week, namecalling and throwing insults at longtime members..

You should tone that sh#% down man.. It's a quick way to get put on everyone's sh%@******-list ...

If you can't be respectful to other members and act like you got some sense, you won't last long here....

Just a heads up..

BTW welcome to the forum..

It doesn't take balls or to be around for a long time to realize what I typed is 100% true and call someone out on it. All you need to do is just look at how many others have called him out over the fact all he does it trash the Pacers players after becoming jaded over Josh leaving.

Maybe I shouldn't have typed those names so others had to see them, but it doesn't mean its not correct. Anyone who claims to be a fan but comes online and knocks his teams players each and every night doesn't deserve any respect no matter how long they've been around.

This isn't school Kemo the longer you're here doesn't mean the more you know. And judging by his posts since I've been here he's on some serious Benjamin Button S#it because his posts most getting worse and worse as time goes on.

This isn't school Kemo the longer you're here doesn't mean the more you know. And judging by his posts since I've been here he's on some serious Benjamin Button S#it because his posts most getting worse and worse as time goes on.
    The level of respect I see in your post makes it not really matter what you have to say. I see you send personal attacks at Kemo and I just assume your opinions are of little value. It doesn't even matter if your right(I have no clue what you said) because your actions create the impression that your an immature person who isn't confident enough to express his opinions in an intelligent cordial manner and prefers to just sling insults.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-12-2012 at 04:11 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Keep the personal attacks up and I don't think you'll be here long, nor should you.
    Sorry but where is the personal attack there? With the amount of people calling him out on his non stop knocking of Pacers players since I've been here it looks like a very fact based statement to me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw our highlights on SportsCenter on ESPN. It was right after a commercial break. We were not listed on the left side of the screen where it shows what's coming up next, but they most certainly showed our highlights.

We were also on ESPN2's NBA Tonight.

They always say good things about us on NBATV, that's my favorite highlight show. Shaq was really bragging on Roy.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sorry but where is the personal attack there? With the amount of people calling him out on his non stop knocking of Pacers players since I've been here it looks like a very fact based statement to me.
    There's a BIG difference between arguing with somebody because you don't agree with his/her opinion and calling names. It will do you no good, quite the contrary actually... Everybody's entitled to have and express its own opinion the first rule is to respect that and if you don't agree argue in a constructive way. Simple as that

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BKK For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty cool that they showed my tweet. Man, it's so exhausting to watch the NBA here in Europe but in times when Foster hits nothing but net from beyond the arc it's absolutely worth it

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pathil275 For This Useful Post:

I thought it was directed at kemo. What am I thinking defending Makey? That dude resorts to name calling himself. I like Kemo. Still man, you come off pretty abrasive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-12-2012 at 04:46 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    There's a BIG difference between arguing with somebody because you don't agree with his/her opinion and calling names. It will do you no good, quite the contrary actually... Everybody's entitled to have and express its own opinion the first rule is to respect that and if you don't agree argue in a constructive way. Simple as that
    I'm sorry others had to read what I called him, a public place like this in which other people have no warning and had to see wasn't cool. I regret if it offended anyone but I lost my cool after the constant bashing of our players had me agitated and then I fell for his game by letting him bait me into a fight by turning this into a Tyler thing when it was a make a Pacers better move IMO and has no positive benefit for Hansbrough whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I thought it was directed at kemo. What am I thinking defending Makey? That dude resorts to name calling himself. I like Kemo. Still man, you come off pretty abrasive.
    Nope I have nothing bad to say about Kemo at all. Mackey has called me out 3 times already once calling me a homer based off Tyler being my favorite player and I have also grown tired of his nonstop bashing of out guys starting with games he admittedly didn't watch so feelings towards him are very abrasive. Other than that I like everyone on our roster and the coaches along with everyone else here seems cool.

I think we have a very good team and adding a stud PG to the mix it could be elite even if it costs two guys I like.
    Last edited by Asher99; 01-12-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Asher99, here is my advice to you:

1) Don't be afraid to use the ignore button on certain people (I ignored Mackey a looong time ago)
    2) Don't get into endless fights with people who will argue their opinions to the death no matter how much merit they have
    3) Try not to take it personally when people don't have the same views or opinions as you

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter1105 View Post
    Asher99, here is my advice to you:

1) Don't be afraid to use the ignore button on certain people (I ignored Mackey a looong time ago)
    2) Don't get into endless fights with people who will argue their opinions to the death no matter how much merit they have
    3) Try not to take it personally when people don't have the same views or opinions as you
    Thanks, I agreed the Ignore feature is the probably best route to go. Based on how my short time has already went with him its bound to only get worse so ignoring him now will save me and everyone else the hassle of sifting past the drama to enjoy the forum.

I think we have a very good team and adding a stud PG to the mix it could be elite even if it costs two guys I like.
    I'd rather ride with what we have. My team's on the floor.

Been a long time since I could honestly say that and mean it for this Pacers team..

Sure, guys like Pendegraph, Lou, Jones , and to a lesser extent AJ are end of the bench players who could be traded to upgrade our end of bench players a bit more and fulfill certain role/needs when their number's called...

But yea, I want to see this core grow. WHY try and fix something that ain't broke? We have 4 core players getting ready to all peak close to the same time.

With me, it comes down to loyalty.
    Individually as players/people, they've been earning it with me AND with the way they are playing TOGETHER this season, they are earning team loyalty..
    I think Roy has earned my loyalty,and the other young'uns arent far behind..

So yes , it makes me mad sometimes with some posters going from one extreme high to one extreme low towards each individual player we have..

Some of the thing's I've read on here towards our guys, EMBARASS ME as a fan knowing the player(s) being talked about reads PD. and probably read it..

Then in every thread there are at LEAST 2 posts where someone mentions trading core player(s) for some other teams crap.. OR gutting our core to get 1 all star point guard..

It just gets to the point where sometimes I just want to quit reading threads on here and take a huge break from this place and enjoy Pacers basketball without CONSTANTLY feeling agitated, like I do when I read things that **** me off ..lol
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-12-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Yeah, I don't come here to read all of the bad things about our players people like to brag about identifying for some reason. I acknowledge they exist and understand they aren't perfect. But I love this team and hope they can all improve or at least contribute something every game.

Sports Logo

Danny finally had a good offensive game, lol

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    He'll hear about it. Of this you can be sure. Undisciplined move, but also undisciplined to retaliate.
    Let's face it. We've got at least a couple pretty much crazy people on our roster.

While that can be negative, it also scares the **** out of the opponents.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Anyway, I don't want to nitpick about Lance's position tonight. He played extremely well, he needs to always be looking for his shot first. That is his game.
    I thanked your post because of the tone.

However, I'm not sure I agree with the second part, although I am open. Lance is definitely a pass first guy. He has not made any shots so far, so that must happen for him to keep defenders from sagging so he can then make the effective pass.

Maybe we are saying the same thing. I'm saying he needs to penetrate, break down the defense, make things happen, and look for the open man and/or shoot if that ends up being the best option. That may not be the same as "always looking for his shot first" but maybe we are saying the same thing. Maybe it would be better to say "Lance needs to make an individual move first."

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sorry others had to read what I called him, a public place like this in which other people have no warning and had to see wasn't cool. I regret if it offended anyone but I lost my cool after the constant bashing of our players had me agitated and then I fell for his game by letting him bait me into a fight by turning this into a Tyler thing when it was a make a Pacers better move IMO and has no positive benefit for Hansbrough whatsoever.
    It does not make the Pacers better. Nash for Collison, which is the only Nash deal that has even been mentioned, makes the Pacers better. It gets us a top-flight point guard, and keeps the rest of our team intact. The front-court is the strength of this team. Swapping Frye for Hansbrough, effectively negates that strength. Frye is a decent player, but he is not a fit for this team. At all. Calling him Murphy 2.0 is not a good way to make your case. It's an insult.

You made the trade scenario (which was totally out of left field in a post-thread) about Hansbrough by saying it should happen because we're hurting his value by playing him alongside Jeff Foster. What? Tyler's value is not our biggest concern right now.

If Tyler isn't having any trouble getting playing time behind a high-level starter in David West, why exactly do you think he would be unable to see the court on a team that would only have one other player at his position in rookie, Markieff Morris. Even I think it's pretty obvious Tyler would get the starting nod in that scenario. Hell, considering the difference in opinions we have about Tyler, your lack of confidence in Tyler, makes about as much sense as trading Tyler for Frye does for the Pacers.

Nope I have nothing bad to say about Kemo at all. Mackey has called me out 3 times already once calling me a homer based off Tyler being my favorite player and I have also grown tired of his nonstop bashing of out guys starting with games he admittedly didn't watch so feelings towards him are very abrasive. Other than that I like everyone on our roster and the coaches along with everyone else here seems cool.

You've been here about a week and a half. Find me one post where I've "bashed" a player based on a game I didn't watch. Find it. The fact that you're blatantly a Tyler fan rather than a Pacers fan, has been so transparent in the span of that week and a half. That's not my fault for recognizing it. That's your fault for lacking the ability to even semi-conceal that fact.

How about a word of advice? Coming into the post-game thread of the best Pacers' win of the year, by far, and suggesting we trade your boy because his value is being harmed by who we're playing him with, is not the best way to maintain your cover.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Andrea Bargnani strained his calf tonight and is questionable for the Pacers game Friday.
    If he doesn't play we may as well start our bench players because they'll have no chance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We won. We're 7-3. We're awesome!

Let's get another one tomorrow night!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA.com has failed to give the Pacer's love as well. I believe Pacers nation should send comments to both organizations about our disappointment.

In addition,

The Pacers where among the lowest attended teams last season, what is up with the complete lack of marquee games at Banker's Life Fieldhouse this season? Thanks for helping, NBA.

Morons.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post: