Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Memphis and New Jersey have been engaged in trade talks centered on guard O.J. Mayo, but a deal appears unlikely, league sources tell Y! Twitter
    Memphis Grizzlies, New Jersey Nets, Trade, OJ Mayo, Anthony Morrow

Might be unlikely but it seems Memphis wants to get rid of OJ
    Sittin on top of the world!

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

Hold the Mayo, or pass him to somebody else and profit from becoming involved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Memphis and Jerey discussing Mayo for Morrow, should we get in on it?

Nope.....I say forget about Mayo.....He is nothing more than a carrot which we have already tried to bite twice.....Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Aim higher.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

They would want Hill and a pick based off what they wanted from the Nets. But I'm not sure Hill is what they are even looking for with Memphis being dead last in 3's.

oh no.... not this again

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I'd probably be more interested in Morrow than Mayo. We could use a sharp shooter. I'd just rather see Lance play than give up anything to acquire Mayo.

Mayo can't be very good if he's getting shopped like this. We almost got him for Josh Mcroberts, a player we were losing anyway. Memphis seems hell bent on trading him for a role player, doesn't speak well to Mayo's potential.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

I still think Mayo would be a big time addition for the P's. Im not sure its doable considering Memphis cant seem to make up its mind on what they think OJ is worth…..but I think there must be something behind the scenes pushing Memphis to move him because he is doing everything you would want from a bench scoring punch….I mean I guess they have Pondexter and Selby both making less money and showing they can produce at some level….but still…I would think they would be looking more for a big to ease the loss of Randolph and Arthur as opposed to yet another wing player….We could offer Amundson and a future 2nd….no way Im giving a 1st for a guy who we may not even keep as a restricted FA next season. End of the day though…Mayo makes us a lot better I think as a scorer who can create his own shot off the dribble, off screens, get to the rim, willing passer and underrated defender. I think he would really flourish under a guy like Vogel who excels at motivating.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wylder1324 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mayo can't be very good if he's getting shopped like this.
    Its more or less all about money

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I'd probably be more interested in Morrow than Mayo. We could use a sharp shooter. I'd just rather see Lance play than give up anything to acquire Mayo.

Mayo can't be very good if he's getting shopped like this. We almost got him for Josh Mcroberts, a player we were losing anyway. Memphis seems hell bent on trading him for a role player, doesn't speak well to Mayo's potential.

There was a reason Bird tried umpteen times to trade Rush, and there must be a reason Memphis is trying to trade Mayo. Problem child?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    There was a reason Bird tried umpteen times to trade Rush, and there must be a reason Memphis is trying to trade Mayo. Problem child?
    no they cant afford him next year. They are near the LT and they aren't gonna pay Mayo.

NO. MORE. MAYO.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Seriously?

Not again, please. Let's just forget about OJ Mayo.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately we can't now. That's too bad.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Aim higher.
    That's too hard when you're drunk.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Hold the Mayo, or pass him to somebody else and profit from becoming involved.
    and this:
    Aim higher.
    In addition to thinking that Mayo is not the guy that I want to fill up the Guard rotation....I think that Bird can do better than Mayo....there will be Teams looking to shed salary to get under the cap where there will be opportunities to take on some assets while using the Capspace that we have..

The Pacers have a $43 mil Salary Cap in 2011 and $36 mil in 2012.

Below are the Teams that have a salarycap over $60 mil ( according to Hoopsworld ) in 2011:

Lakers - $88 mil
    Celtics - $77 mil
    Miami - $76 mil
    Spurs - $74 mil
    Mavs - $74 mil
    Hawks - $72 mil
    Grizzlies - $71 mil
    Magic - $71 mil
    Blazers - $71 mil
    Bulls - $69 mil
    Pistons - $67 mil
    Clippers - $65 mil
    Sixers - $65 mil
    Suns - $65 mil
    Hornets - $64 mil
    Knicks - $64 mil

Any other Team not included in the above lists have roughly $57 to $60 mil in Salary for the 2011-2012 season.

Of the Teams that are above the Luxury Tax......what realistic options could we get at the cost of a 2nd round pick in the year 3000 and a TPE that would help us get to that next level?

The following Teams are the only Teams that have any Capspace in 2011 to make absorb a contract without sending anything back ( basically the only Teams that we will be competing against to receive assets back without sending something back ):

Cavs $51 mil
    Kings $50 mil
    Raptors $53 mil

A few questions....what is the minimum Salary that we have to have at the end of the 2011 Season?

Knowing this...it will give us an idea about how much Salary that we can absorb in any deal.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-13-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Can we be a third team and get some future assets?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Can we be a third team and get some future assets?
    Yes....we can. I'd prefer that we do a combination of looking for a JCraw Level Player AND taking back some future assets since the Pacers happen to have the most Capspace to absorb a lot of Salary before the deadline.

To be clear....we are in a good position to deal with the Teams that are above the LT since the majority of those Teams do not want to take back any salary so that they get back from under the Cap.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I just don't care about Mayo, his recruiting hype and high draft slot has people thinking he's something he's not, but wow, for Anthony Morrow? Did he eat a baby on live TV?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Aim higher.
    Yep bring me Monta Ellis, the guy is amazing.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I did notice that Andre Miller is not happy in Denver. I think he'd be a GREAT fit here in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I did notice that Andre Miller is not happy in Denver. I think he'd be a GREAT fit here in Indiana.
    He's not happy because he wants to start, even though he's playing just short of 30 minutes a night. Miller's a very solid player, but I have absolutely no interest in bringing him in to start.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm more interested in Morrow than Mayo.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I just don't care about Mayo, his recruiting hype and high draft slot has people thinking he's something he's not, but wow, for Anthony Morrow? Did he eat a baby on live TV?
    OJ had no future there....so if it went through...the Grizzlies would basically have had Morrow....whose a solid role player 7th to 8th rotational Player that's a solid 3pt shooter. Basically, the Grizzlies would have purchased a 1st rounder in the teens/20s for $4 mil ( the cost of Morrows contract in 2012-2013 ).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep bring me Monta Ellis, the guy is amazing.
    Only in your's and my dream.....with Curry's ankle that apparently is made of fine china....Monta and Nate is pretty much the closest thing that the Warriors have to anyone that can run the show. I don't see them moving Monta. At most, I'd send DC+1st+Capspace...but I doubt that the Warriors would be interested.