Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford chat 01/11/12

Banned

Default Chad Ford chat 01/11/12

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42037

Terry (Chicago)

Who do you think the Pacers should move Granger for? Paul George is just as good.

Chad Ford (1:35 PM)

Granger is struggling to fit into the new realties in Indy. He no longer is playing for Jim O'Brien and no longer needs to take off-balance contested jumpers with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. You're argument that Paul George is just as good has some resonance. David West, Roy Hibbert, Darren Collison and George Hill can also get it done. If he can't buy in, I think they've got to consider moving him. Not sure what they'd get for him, but there's been a lot of interest in him in the past.
    It's just and opinion by a national writer, please let's not go overboard with this comments, thank you.

Default Re: Chad Ford chat 01/11/12

Granger has been a high volume, high risk shooter who doesn't value the defensive end of the floor on a team that has been mediocre at best. The answer to this is 1) tell him, 2) sit him if he can't get it through his skull, 3) trade him.

1) George isn't just as good, at least yet.
    2) It'd be foolish to trade him now when his value is low.
    3)
    You're argument that Paul George is just as good has some resonance.
    This wouldn't fly on PD.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this is the year we make a huge trade of some sorts. I think we finally have a handle on who our young guys are, and where we need the most work. P.G. & Roy are keepers; D.C. and Tyler... eh. Throw in our major cap-space giving us huge flexibility in any trade, and I think we pull something significant off between now and the March deadline.

Deron Williams is the name that keeps popping into my mind. If the Nets can't land Dwight, and Deron wants out (and he probably will with no Dwight; New Jersey's horrific), I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see us make a major run at him by offering something like Danny + D.C.

We were offered Al Jefferson for Granger in the past.

I think a Jefferson/Hibbert front court would be one of the best in the league, if not the best.

We'd be a nightmare for opposing teams.

I think before we even think of trading Granger for a PF, and then moving PG to SF, we'll need to fill the void at SG
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger has been a high volume, high risk shooter who doesn't value the defensive end of the floor on a team that has been mediocre at best. The answer to this is 1) tell him, 2) sit him if he can't get it through his skull, 3) trade him.
    ?? His D has been very good this year both statistically and by watching.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oxxo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jury is still out on Granger not fitting in with the new team.. I think its more so not being fresh from the lockout.. His defensive intensity has been better this year.. Also his passing has been better. He just can't hit a freakin' shot right now. That's all.

This team will be very good if they can all get in good game shape by the mid-season, without being exausted from the tight schedule. Easier said than done though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    ?? His D has been very good this year both statistically and by watching.

Minds have been made up.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I like Granger, and I'm all for keeping him. However, if we could move him for the right player (a SG that can get his own shot), then I think we have to make a deal. I don't see that happening though.

I also think Granger's value is at an all time low.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Whether he fits in completely and improves his shooting is one thing. I don't think there's any question to whether he's bought in to what the team is doing. Everything I've heard him say and seen from him indicates that he is all about winning and is adjusting his game and role accordingly, albeit with more than a few struggles.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't want more big guys, I want an elite PG.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I think Chad has been looking at stats.. mostly shooting %... instead of watching the Pacers games. He sees Paul shooting damn near 60% from 3 and Granger shooting like crap.

He can't be expected to watch every game, but he shouldn't make those comments if he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't think he will keep shooting 30% forever. Granger has always been streaky in the past. One game he could go 2-15 from the field and some time after go 10-16 with 4-6 3 pointers.
    Last year he even had games like: 1st half: 2 points, 1-8 shooting, 2nd half: 6-8 shooting, 18 points.
    So, if he starts hitting his shots again, and keep playing the great defense, he's going to be a really really productive player that greatly affects whether we win games or not

20. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

I don't think there's any question that Danny "can buy in". The question, in my mind, is whether or not he can end his shooting slump and find his role. Maybe I'm being defensive, but Ford makes it sound as if he's resisting a reduced role. There was a time when the "Lone Granger" moniker made sense, but everything Danny has said and done this year suggests that he knows that time is over.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

I dont think its fair to assess Granger's productivity yet. We're only about 8 games into the season and we've barely had training camp...we have basically a new roster...a new coaching staff...a new system that tends to focus on defence...

We got to cut him some slack...we should wait until we've played at least 31 games to see where Granger is
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

so you couldn't get a favorable reply to your trade danny ideas here, so a "leading question" is asked on an internet forum

Granger not for sale.

-eof-
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    so you couldn't get a favorable reply to your trade danny ideas here, so a "leading question" is asked on an internet forum

Granger not for sale.

-eof-
    Yeah my name is not Terry and I don't live in chicago, Chad Ford is also hard to get an answer from ....................

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post

Granger not for sale.

-eof-
    There is no one on this roster that is "not for sale".....every one has a "price tag"....the question is whether Teams would be willing to meet or exceed that "price tag". My guess is that the "price tag" for Granger is still high...but lower than the "price tag" for PG.

If Granger could be moved while netting the Pacers high quality Players that could improve the Team ( as in give the Pacers more depth in the Wing and Frontcourt rotation ) while giving the Team a better chance to compete and win games over the next 2 seasons...I do not doubt that Granger would be moved.

However, I do not see him being moved...for now....at least not until the rest of the core ( most notably West and GH ) are able to show that they can step up, compete and win games without Granger going off with 20+ ppg a game.

But my guess is that Granger won't be moved and we will simply add a "Starting quality to solid 6th-7th rotational" scoring Wing to replace Inferno's role on the current lineup via a trade or FA signing ( cough cough JR Smith cough cough ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I like Danny, and I like DC. But if we could pull off a Danny+DC for Deron Williams trade, I'd be all for it.

Danny will come around this season and shoot better, and we'll be a better team because of Danny. Just gotta be patient with him sometimes. It's not the first time he's been in a shooting slump.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    We were offered Al Jefferson for Granger in the past.

I think a Jefferson/Hibbert front court would be one of the best in the league, if not the best.

We'd be a nightmare for opposing teams.

I think before we even think of trading Granger for a PF, and then moving PG to SF, we'll need to fill the void at SG
    David West finds you funny....

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah my name is not Terry and I don't live in chicago, Chad Ford is also hard to get an answer from ....................
    I'm going to call you Terry from now on. Just because I think it fits.

I see it as Danny just beeing in a shooting slump. It's not that he's playing crap, only his shots aren't falling. Cut him some slack, let his shots go in and don't rim out for some games and it's alright.

Regarding a trade - I also see his trade value at an all time low, so a big no towards a deal.
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'm going to call you Terry from now on. Just because I think it fits.
    I didn't ask any questions today because he never answers them, but any time I do ask a question I use my PD name, I've posted many times my questions to a lot of NBA people and their answers, 90's does the same thing I do but he actually ask questions with his real name

A Granger for Iggy swap would be interesting for both teams. I don't want to trade Granger but if we did, it better be for getting a very good point guard.

Evan Turner almost had a triple double last night. 16pts, 10 boards, 8 dimes (3 TOs), 1 steal. Hope that gets him started.

I'm really liking this Philly team. They are a lot like us.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!