Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pacers/Sixers postgame thread

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Sixers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok I check in to see why the post game thread is still going strong thinkging that someone has found something on video that we all missed.

Only to find that we are discussing Bigfoot? REALLY?

Only on the Digest, I've seen it all now.
    You have to admit, it brought some spice to it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Ok I check in to see why the post game thread is still going strong thinkging that someone has found something on video that we all missed.

Only to find that we are discussing Bigfoot? REALLY?

Only on the Digest, I've seen it all now.
    A young bigfoot could really help the Pacers frontline. Either a twin towers type of lineup alongside Roy or coming off the bench backing Roy up.

Not sure what it would take to get him here. ...and if we could keep him past his rookie contract. Or is that wookie contract?
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I'm going back to some feelings I expressed early in this thread. So I've watched a variety of other games around the league over the last few days. Last night as I was watching the Bulls/TWolves (Rose/Rubio/Ridnour/Berea) and it occurs to me, how many teams have superior PG situations than us? I'd venture to say a lot.

I know DC has played reasonably well so far with the exception of Philly. But he will have to make incredible and consistent strides in order to be on par with the majority of other starting PGs in the league. I don't think that bodes well for us. That's the most important position on the floor and we just don't match up with most teams. My biggest concerns - not a true passer and iffy PG defense.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    While it is certainly possible, the arguments they make are extremely flawed. It mostly comes down to, "hey we can't do it today with only man power, so they couldn't". The problem with that argument is that these people would think about hoe to do it for lifetimes, and they most certianly did not get it right the first time. When we have people try in modern times it is a rare occurance and the people doing it are not trained to do it. If we took the time to think about it that they did, and had people trained to do it, it wouldn't seem as absurd. That and people tend to like to take an ancient writings at face value, which should never be done. It is highly likely they would exaggerate the truth, propaganda is not a modern idea.
    I get what you are saying, there was a ton of trial and error involved, and it only takes getting it right once to set a pattern of repetition. But there are over 2 million blocks going into the older pyramids. I'm not sure that could be finished in the life time of a Pharoh, especially with the life expectancies. One idea that I think supports the Ancient Astronaut Theory that is rarely discussed is the evolution of construction methods of the Pyramids and tombs. The earliest were stacked all the way from the ground up. Later Pyramids were actually built up on existing hills or built out around giant mudd mounds. Sort of like a window dressing. That is why the earliest Pyramids have stood the test of time. One could say oh, well they found a faster method. But that method was inferior to earlier models. Could it be that Aliens were heavily involved in the construction methods of the first pyramids and once they left the technology and know how was also forgotten over generations? So the later Pyramids could likely be poor imitations of superior construction methods.

Just think, today most people have no clue how to start a fire with out a lighter. 3-4 generations ago that was not the case. A very simple idea of friction generates heat and eventually sparks a fire that was handed down from the time of neanderthals was widely forgotten in a mere 100 years due to technology or a quicker way of doing something.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tfarks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I get what you are saying, there was a ton of trial and error involved, and it only takes getting it right once to set a pattern of repetition.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I'm going back to some feelings I expressed early in this thread. So I've watched a variety of other games around the league over the last few days. Last night as I was watching the Bulls/TWolves (Rose/Rubio/Ridnour/Berea) and it occurs to me, how many teams have superior PG situations than us? I'd venture to say a lot.

I know DC has played reasonably well so far with the exception of Philly. But he will have to make incredible and consistent strides in order to be on par with the majority of other starting PGs in the league. I don't think that bodes well for us. That's the most important position on the floor and we just don't match up with most teams. My biggest concerns - not a true passer and iffy PG defense.

lots of truth to this i think. judging by the minutes he plays, DC is the best PG on the team. but there are 25 or so PG's that are either better players or just as good. AJ is a real nice backup and could be a starter on the right team. but there are 30 or 40 guys just as good or better than he is. both guys are solid, but in the end, just guys. and all they will ever be is just another player, decent, but just average.

the only guy that has a chance to be a top player at the PG position is lance. which explains why he is getting minutes. if he turns out to be a guy that can play, then great. if not, then the pacers need to be looking for a PG next summer. good timing on the pacers part, since there will be more PG's available than normal.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

lots of truth to this i think. judging by the minutes he plays, DC is the best PG on the team. but there are 25 or so PG's that are either better players or just as good. AJ is a real nice backup and could be a starter on the right team. but there are 30 or 40 guys just as good or better than he is. both guys are solid, but in the end, just guys. and all they will ever be is just another player, decent, but just average.

the only guy that has a chance to be a top player at the PG position is lance. which explains why he is getting minutes. if he turns out to be a guy that can play, then great. if not, then the pacers need to be looking for a PG next summer. good timing on the pacers part, since there will be more PG's available than normal.
    And the Clips have Paul AND Billups.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Worst post game thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarks View Post
    That dudes hair is amazing.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

pacers have a pretty good system for getting rookie/young players feet wet.

IMO, the best thing that could happen for Stephenson is that he gets traded to Charlotte where Paul Silas could work with him. Silas does well with young players.

Augustin
    Henderson
    Mullens
    DJ White

76ers won last night again and are now 7-2.

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    They know Larry called the 15th most talented player on the roster last year, the most talented. How do you think that sat with the other 14?
    Did you mean that the other players didn't appreciate Larry saying that, maybe even resented Larry's comment?

I ask because when I see Lance tweeting pics playing video games with teammates or watch the bench 10 rows up while Lance makes certain plays during a career night, it seems like the team is very much behind young Lance.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

We could have used Danny's 24 points at Philly. I look forward to the next matchup with them.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We could have used Danny's 24 points at Philly. I look forward to the next matchup with them.
    Me too. Especially after reading this: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...e-in-the-east/

They are like our mirror image right now, I want to come out on top!

Which team most impresses you in the East right now: Indiana or Philadelphia?

Steve Aschburner: Philadelphia. I like the aggressiveness that the 76ers are showing in coach Doug Collins’ second season. Ditto for their defense, at or near the top in points allowed and field-goal percentages. They’re not superstar driven – it’s hard to classify Elton Brand as one anymore – and get it done with a whole-greater-than-the-sum-of-the-parts approach. And the bench guys – Evan Turner, Louis Williams, Thad Young – have been slapping other teams in the face.
    Fran Blinebury: C’mon, don’t tell me you expected a Sixers team that opened the season with a five-game road trip to be sniffing the same rarified air as the Heat and Bulls even two weeks into the schedule. Doug Collins has built on last season’s foundation and has Philly playing hard and with a sense of togetherness. As John Schuhmann noted in the Hang Time blog, it’s the Sixers’ bench led by Thaddeus Young that has bumped them up to the next level. With rookie Nic Vucevic capably backing up an improved Spencer Hawes, they also have legitimate size and presence in the middle. The Sixers are a fun team worth watching. If only the fans of Philly would notice.

Scott Howard-Cooper: Although I have been on the Pacers bandwagon since the start of camp, loving the postseason moves and the way the roster has filled out, Philadelphia has been more impressive so far. The 76ers have looked good on offense and defense, and have better depth. Plus, Philly just won when the teams met.

Shaun Powell: The Sixers haven’t even maxed the talent on their roster yet and they’re winning anyway. The system used by Doug Collins is designed to spread the wealth, which makes Philly unpredictable in close games. Not sure how this will play out in the postseason (assuming the Sixers make it), where the stars ultimately win games. But so far everyone is buying into the “share” philosophy, which is rare; young teams are usually filled with players who “gotta get mine.” Even Andre Iguodala looks happy.

John Schuhmann: Since the Sixers rank No. 1 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, I have to go with Philly. They’ve proven the value of continuity when you have only two weeks for training camp, as well as the value of scoring depth when you’re playing a condensed season. I don’t think they’re going to remain in the top five offensively, but they are stronger on that end than Indiana because they do a great job of taking care of the ball (No. 2 in turnover rate) and turning stops into quick and easy buckets (No. 5 in fast-break points per possession).

Sekou Smith: Indiana is playing good basketball for a team that I expected to play well this season. But the 76ers are doing things I did not see this coming. Six straight wins, and the way they’ve collected those wins, makes it clear that the work Doug Collins started with this team last season is paying off handsomely now. I’m still not sure what the key is for this team. But I do know that it starts with a fantastic coach, the right point guard (Jrue Holiday) and a solid cast of characters that could make this team a difficult out come playoff time. That said, the level of competition cranks up for them in the coming days. But I’m buying the 76ers.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."