Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Sixers postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Sixers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How anyone can continue to claim AJ can play is beyond me

I would rather have Travis Deiner or cabbages
    Not everyone judges a career based on 5 plays during his first playoff series in his second season. Believe it or not people actually liked him before the playoff series.

Everyone is overreacting to both Lance and Price. It was the first time I've seen Lance be anything more than just there or a detriment to the team. Price's shot may have been off, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He otherwise played fine, doing stuff that point guard should do like get the ball to Hans and West exactly where they want it after they set picks for him.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Meh, what can you do, frustrating because the game was there for the taking, but not unexpected without Danny and George Hill. I'm just glad we played til the end and didn't get blown out by 20.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I'm willing to give that the lockout hurt the Pacers, especially on offense. Vogel barely had time to employ much last year, and no time for training camp. They're learning on the fly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Despite trailing for almost the entire night, I was pretty confident we'd come back and win it in the final minute because M. Night Shymalan was at the game. The one time there's no twist.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

You know nothing says team in crisis/time to panic like a ten point loss on the road to a team that currently ranks top 5 in both offense and defense without 2 of your best 6 players.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I can't be mad when we were missing 2 of our best players for the whole game and another for the 4th quarter. This game would have been different if the 76ers didn't have Iguodala and Lou Williams. We had a chance to win late, and that says a lot about this team.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I can't be mad when we were missing 2 of our best players for the whole game and another for the 4th quarter. This game would have been different if the 76ers didn't have Iguodala and Lou Williams. We had a chance to win late, and that says a lot about this team.
    Exactly, we gave ourselves a chance on the road while short handed to beat a good team who matches up well with us. They just happened to take care of business and make sure we couldn't quite break through. Tip your hat to them and move on. Don't have time to dwell on this game. We have so few chances at home here early on, we have to be prepared mentally for the Hawks.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Meh, what can you do, frustrating because the game was there for the taking, but not unexpected without Danny and George Hill. I'm just glad we played til the end and didn't get blown out by 20.
    I agree.....this games shows us a few things:

1 ) Despite how Granger has shot as of late....take him out of the equation and plug PG into his role...and we see that PG isn't ready for primetime...YET. It doesn't mean that PG can't fill that role in the future...it means that PG is currently "Robin in Training" and isn't ready to put on the Bat-Underwear yet.

2 ) Having DG and ( most notably ) GH in the lineup completely changes the dynamics of what our lineups are used and who plays with who. GH is a far better counter to LouWill, Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner than having to use AJ and Lance in the lineup. Also, his scoring would have probably helped when the Team couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th QTR.

3 ) I know that we've been having this whole AJ vs. Lance debate....I've been told that there is potential there.....but when it comes to Lance....I don't see any of it translating into anything when he's on the floor.....in fact, I barely notice that he's on the floor when he's playing. I know that AJ is not the greatest option that we have as a backup point....but when he's on the floor...I can tell that that he's somewhat contributing to a certain extent. Maybe Lance has to play more with AJ or DC ( running the point ) while he sticks to the SG spot.....but I just don't get it. Of course, it's possible that Lance's role simply hasn't been laid out ( is he a PG? or is a SG in the lineup ) and therefore it's harder for him to figure out what he has to do. I admit that I don't notice the little things that Players do....so, help me...help me understand what the fascination with Lance is. I'm not saying that he can't reach whatever potential that Bird thinks he may have....I'm just saying that I don't see it yet.

I don't like that we lost...but given that our primary scoring option and one of our key Guards are out...I'm not too dismayed at our loss.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-10-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I think the guy that missed Danny and Hill the most tonight was DC. Danny and Hill help keep people honest, which let's DC operate with one less person to help off when he beats his man. Dahntay, regardless of his talent level in other areas of the game, is exactly the type of offensive player that you are taught to sag off of and go help on someone else.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

.....When accidents happen, you get an eye patch
    When you get an eye patch, people think you are tough
    When people think you are tough, people want to see how tough
    And when people want to see how tough, you wake up in a roadside ditch...

Tyler got an eye patch and we wound up in a ditch!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Mood

Paul George shot about the same as Danny has all seaon 4 of 16. BUT Paul had 7 rebounds and 5 assist where Danny normally gets 5 reb and 1 assist. So I don't see Paul as playing that horrible overall tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Paul George shot about the same as Danny has all seaon 4 of 16. BUT Paul had 7 rebounds and 5 assist where Danny normally gets 5 reb and 1 assist. So I don't see Paul as playing that horrible overall tonight.
    To be fair to Danny he's been playing 34:36 a game this year and PG played 44:05 tonight.

Mood

Sometimes you gotta just tip your hat to the other team and give congrats to the other team for playing well.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even without Danny, Hill and missing Hans for a long stretch, if we just make our FT's and not commit bonehead turnovers we probably win this game or at least take it down to a one or 2 possession game. We've got to be proud of that, playing a good team on the road.

As a team we have not shown good basketball IQ. Some of the decisions we make are real head scratchers.

I love Paul George, but his BB IQ has been somewhat disappointing. He has all the physical tools and skill set, but if his neck up game does not vastly improve in the next few seasons he's not going to reach the level most Pacer fans think he can get to. Part of the problem, to me, he seems to be thinking to much instead of just playing.

I hate to be to critical, but most really great players have the IQ part from day one.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    .....When accidents happen, you get an eye patch
    When you get an eye patch, people think you are tough
    When people think you are tough, people want to see how tough
    And when people want to see how tough, you wake up in a roadside ditch...

Tyler got an eye patch and we wound up in a ditch!
    Yeah...that was a funny commercial.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I learn about as much about the game reading the post game thread as I do about history watching the History Channel.

We're 6-3. We've got 57 more games this season. Let's hope our injured players recover and we can get a win on Wednesday.

N.B. The Lance vs. Price ******** has devolved into childish potshots and ignorance piled upon ignorance. I'm sorry I ever participated in it and I hope it ends soon because it is making the board a much shittier place to discuss Pacers basketball.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I learn about as much about the game reading the post game thread as I do about history watching the History Channel.
    As a history major who hates the so-called History Channel, let me just say this analogy is full of win.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I agree.....this games shows us a few things:

1 ) Despite how Granger has shot as of late....take him out of the equation and plug PG into his role...and we see that PG isn't ready for primetime...YET. It doesn't mean that PG can't fill that role in the future...it means that PG is currently "Robin in Training" and isn't ready to put on the Bat-Underwear yet.

2 ) Having DG and ( most notably ) GH in the lineup completely changes the dynamics of what our lineups are used and who plays with who. GH is a far better counter to LouWill, Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner than having to use AJ and Lance in the lineup. Also, his scoring would have probably helped when the Team couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th QTR.

3 ) I know that we've been having this whole AJ vs. Lance debate....I've been told that there is potential there.....but when it comes to Lance....I don't see any of it translating into anything when he's on the floor.....in fact, I barely notice that he's on the floor when he's playing. I know that AJ is not the greatest option that we have as a backup point....but when he's on the floor...I can tell that that he's somewhat contributing to a certain extent. Maybe Lance has to play more with AJ or DC ( running the point ) while he sticks to the SG spot.....but I just don't get it. Of course, it's possible that Lance's role simply hasn't been laid out ( is he a PG? or is a SG in the lineup ) and therefore it's harder for him to figure out what he has to do. I admit that I don't notice the little things that Players do....so, help me...help me understand what the fascination with Lance is. I'm not saying that he can't reach whatever potential that Bird thinks he may have....I'm just saying that I don't see it yet.

I don't like that we lost...but given that our primary scoring option and one of our key Guards are out...I'm not too dismayed at our loss.
    I think tonight was the first time lance played wing all season. He didn't play point tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

RLeWorm

that was what PG's first game kind of being the first option. And u guys are ready to throw him off the boat. Watch when he has a good game everyone is gonna say, "i love PG, he is our franchise".

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    We didn't play as well as we could have or should have. So it's not surprising or a huge disappointment that we lost.

However, I am disappointed that neither Paul George nor Lance stepped up when the huge opportunity presented itself. We know they are both talented, but are either gamers? Do either get better when pressure comes their way? Not a lot of evidence so far to prove it.
    look at what i posted:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Look at the box score. Paul George shot AWFUL, but he had 5 assists, 2 steals, and 7 rebounds. That is crazy considering I thought he was pretty terrible.

David West is the same. 15 pts, 11 rebs, 3 assists

if only this team could get their easy shots to drop...
    If PG hits 4 more shots, he has 20+ points, 5 asts, 7 rebs, and 2 steals

That is a monster game from a 21 year old! Sure, he had a lot of turnovers, but most of the shots he missed were easy midrange shots and that one put back dunk. I don't understand why everyone is so down on him. The turnovers were bad, but did anyone really expect PG to handle the ball, a raw 21 year old SG, and not turn it over a ton?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    look at what i posted:

If PG hits 4 more shots, he has 20+ points, 5 asts, 7 rebs, and 2 steals

That is a monster game from a 21 year old! Sure, he had a lot of turnovers, but most of the shots he missed were easy midrange shots and that one put back dunk. I don't understand why everyone is so down on him. The turnovers were bad, but did anyone really expect PG to handle the ball, a raw 21 year old SG, and not turn it over a ton?
    While PG is getting opportunities and is already recognized as one of our best players, both he and Lance are 3 years younger than the next youngest player on this roster. They say we are a young team, well those two are really young and have more room to develop. I hope to see George really break out this season and if his shot keeps falling he will. However, I also feel another offseason of weight lifting is really going to help him utilize his height, especially in the paint. It will also be interesting to see if he is done growing. Considering most scouts said Paul would take a couple seasons to develop, I think he is doing pretty darn good.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Wink Re: Pacers/Sixers postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    While PG is getting opportunities and is already recognized as one of our best players, both he and Lance are 3 years younger than the next youngest player on this roster. They say we are a young team, well those two are really young and have more room to develop. I hope to see George really break out this season and if his shot keeps falling he will. However, I also feel another offseason of weight lifting is really going to help him utilize his height, especially in the paint. It will also be interesting to see if he is done growing. Considering most scouts said Paul would take a couple seasons to develop, I think he is doing pretty darn good.
    Amen on all points....

It seems to me personally, that there are a decent amount here who's memory may be a little hazy..

Paul George , is every bit AS GOOD as Reggie Miller was at the same juncture of their careers..

Reggie was just as raw , and by the end of his second year, he was avg 16ppg . Then his transition into his 3rd year he grew into an all star talent.
    I really believe that Paul George CAN be a franchise level player, heck we are seeing it develop in front of our eyes.

Pretty nice to imagine Hibbert and George BOTH realizing their potential..

And in INDIANA of all places .... Lady Luck has been good to us .

And to think, I haven't even mentioned Hansbrough, who has a very good shot at making an all star game if he keeps up his level of play and improves upon it..
    I even think he would make the all-defensive team... probably BEFORE he makes an all star appearance as a reserve..

I mean seriously... What coach wouldn't want an opportunity to coach Tyler for a game? lol (besides Mario Van Jermey .. heh)

NOBODY wants to play against Hansbrough..... NOBODY !! .... argh! ....

Last edited by Kemo; 01-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo

We need Ariza, like I suggested on the trade proposals

I did not expect us to win this one, so I'm not so disappointed. We just didn't get strong enough guard play.

I was only half watching this game, but things I noticed. We did not post up Jones or George enough. Jones is very good at playing from the post. Jones had a good game overall though. I would have like to of posted up George as well, use his length down low. Just way too many fading jumpers. See if Iggy could have guarded that with out fouling. Iggy had 0 fouls in 40mins!!!! Thats why you lose the game. You have to get to the foul line and hit your shots when you are short handed like this.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I think just have either Hill and DG would have resulted in our victory.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: