Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Default Tebow

I know its not Colts related but, its pretty incredible what this guy is doing. Love him or hate him, either way he gets whats most important, a W.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

ďAnd as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.Ē
    - Peyton Manning

Default Re: Tebow

The Broncos can thank their kicker for the W.

I don't hate Tebow but I do hate all the discussion surronding him. Week after week it goes on.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, setting up your team for a 59 yard field goal to tie and send it in to OT is legendary.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, setting up your team for a 59 yard field goal to tie and send it in to OT is legendary.

Just sayin'.

Did you miss the touchdown that preceded it?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Did you miss the touchdown that preceded it?
    No. I also didn't miss the 11.8 QB rating, 3 - 16 passing, and 1 INT he had for most of the first half either...

I'm just saying that let us stop all the messiah, legend talk here...at the moment, he's a below average QB that has been able to take advantage of every opportunity to win...I don't see this as sustainable.

Hell, as an alum of UFL, I was a Tebow fan when he played there. I just think alot of the discussion focusing on him without even mentioning the defense and other players is ridiculous.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The guy is Curtis Painter for three quarters, then Peyton Manning for one. Makes no sense.

No. I also didn't miss the 11.8 QB rating, 3 - 16 passing, and 1 INT he had for most of the first half either...

I'm just saying that let us stop all the messiah, legend talk here...at the moment, he's a below average QB that has been able to take advantage of every opportunity to win...I don't see this as sustainable.

Hell, as an alum of UFL, I was a Tebow fan when he played there. I just think alot of the discussion focusing on him without even mentioning the defense and other players is ridiculous.
    Sounds like you're reacting to positions not taken within this thread.

Just saying.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

If they win then what do the stats matter?

IU > Kentucky

ďAnd as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.Ē
    - Peyton Manning

The other players on the Broncos feed off of Tebow on both sides of the ball. They're 8-5 because of Tebow.

IU > Kentucky

- Peyton Manning

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have you ever taken a look at John Elway's rookie year stats?

47.5% completion, 151.2 passing yards per game, 7TDs, 14INTs for a QB rating of 54.9.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...E/ElwaJo00.htm

Let's compare that to this year, so far, for Tim.

47.5% completion, 105.4yds per game, 10TDs, 1INT, for a QB rating of 87.9.

Vick is the QB of a team and people want to label it the Dream Team, yet Vicks stats aren't all that much better, especially when you start looking at his early career. His completion% was better, but hovering in the mid to low 50s isn't anything to write home about.

I'm not saying he's going to turn into Peyton Manning, but people act like a productive QB has never had the struggles he's had.

He flat out raises his game, even throwing, to a different level when he needs too. He shows the ability.

It's almost like people need him to fail in order to feel right about the world or something.

Mood

I find it interesting that week in and week out, the Broncos are facing teams that are in a sorry state at the time they face the Broncos.

Tebow is getting it done, but the competition isn't exactly up to par. Should be interesting to see Tebow work against a sorry Pats defense but see if the defense can hold off Brady.

I'm not sure why Tebow is getting so much press, quite honestly. Unorthodox? Sure. Outspoken? Somewhat, but so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Daddy View Post
    I find it interesting that week in and week out, the Broncos are facing teams that are in a sorry state at the time they face the Broncos.

Tebow is getting it done, but the competition isn't exactly up to par. Should be interesting to see Tebow work against a sorry Pats defense but see if the defense can hold off Brady.

4 have been above .500

3 have been below .500

1 has been .500

5 of 8 of these games have been on the road.

So, the competition has been, if anything, slightly above average. As for the Pats, they are 10-3. The Broncos should be expected to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    If they win then what do the stats matter?
    And this is where the resentment towards him comes in(putting aside the religious aspect because that's a whole other story)

You had Vince Young where all he does is just win his rookie season yet he didn't have the stats but he won yet people kept saying how he had to adapt to survive in the league nobody said that the coaching has to change the offense to suit him he has to change.

Insert all the other QB's who were told the same thing (not great statistically but at least you win)

Yet Tebow for some reason its okay that he can't pass well or makes good QB decisions for 3 quarters but hey he shows up in the 4th and all he does is win. Coaches should be glad to be in his honor, change the offense for him etc.

Point is we have seen this story before but without all this excessive over the top fanfare.

And I don't hate Tebow but I get the resentment.

FWIW, Curtis Painter can probably pass the ball better than most QB's in the league. It doesn't seem to help him win though.

Secondly, Vince Young never got this type of treatment. It's simply not even remotely comparable. We didn't have players making statements like Chicago did.

Just let him play. The fact remains that his team is winning. He is doing something that perhaps isn't seen with the stats that is somewhat effective. No, Tebow isn't the next John Elway. Neither is Painter or Orlovsky. I don't even expect Tebow to be starting in a couple years because his style is so odd. But step out of the way and let the dude play, for goodness sakes.

I'm just enjoying the fireworks at this point. It's fun! The Broncos have gotten more than their fair share of help from their opponents though.

Tebow: Final proof of the flaws in the prevent defense.

Mood

Alot of ppl don't understand football WHATSOEVER in this thread....
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I'm just enjoying the fireworks at this point. It's fun! The Broncos have gotten more than their fair share of help from their opponents though.

Tebow would like playing against the Colts then... they play the prevent defense the entire game....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Prevent defense is supposed to have flaws. That's how it's designed. You seriously think that they thought the prevent defense was a perfect strategy, and didn't know about it's flaws? If that's the case, then why would it be considered a defensive package, and not just simply "defense?"

I'm rooting for this guy, but the Broncos has a very good defense and an amazing kicker. Let's not give this guy too many props. I will say that this team seems to rally around this guy, and that he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, which really helps keep his team in the game.

Our QB throw INTs or fumble every other play.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

Wasn't it the Jets who decided to blitz Tebow on the final drive and he torched them on the ground?

Let's not act like there hasn't been buzz about Tebow since his days at Florida. He ALWAYS has had this media attention. The man is a Heisman winner, two time national champion and almost won a second Heisman. He is one of the best college players of all time. He is a player that will create buzz because he is successful, despite not being your typical QB.

Look, he took a team that was 1-4 and made them 8-5. Sure his play isn't pretty. And yeah, for the first 3 quarters he is bad. But in the 4th quarter, he is great. All he does is win. Their team plays better with him as their starting QB. Its a complete team effort that has them 7-1 over the last 8. But that entire team believes in Tebow. That defense knows, if there is time on the clock and its within 7, there is a damn good chance they will win that game.

He is just a great story. People said he couldn't even be a QB in the NFL. Yet he has orchestrated some amazing game winning drives. Vince Young was similar, especially very early in his career. And he did get praise. He won Rookie of the Year. But then Vince started to falter and he was butting heads with his coach and just collapsed mentally. We don't see any of that with Tebow, yet at least. They are two very different people off the field.

The Tebow story wont go away until the Broncos start losing, and I don't mean just losing next week to the Patriots.

Oh come on, guys. He is obviously channeling some higher powers here. Namely, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Oh come on, guys. He is obviously channeling some higher powers here. Namely, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
    Smores sound really good right now too.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Tebow's my guy!

I'd love to see what he would have done with this Colts squad without Peyton.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Yeah Tebow is definitely getting the job done. I bet a lot of his critics are kind of starting to back track on all the junk they were saying about him last year. He still has a lot of work to do though. I have a feeling we will get to see how Tebow does in his first NFL playoff experience this year.
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit Iíd made mistakes? Should I remind you Iíve done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?