Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pacers Warriors Blazers

  1. #1
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Pacers trade: Danny Granger, Darren Collison
    Warriors trade: Monte Ellis
    Blazers trade: Nic Batum

    Pacers get: Monta Ellis, Nic Batum
    Warriors get: Danny Granger
    Blazers get: Darren Collison

    Numbers work

    Hibbert / Foster
    West / Hans
    Batum / George
    George / Hill
    Ellis / Hill

  2. #2
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Ick

  3. #3

    Default

    Ellis isn't a point guard...we would have even worse ball movement than we do already.

  4. #4
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Ellis at point, yiak.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  5. #5
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Ellis is a pg/sg. He was a pg till Step was drafted to the team. He is averaging over 7 assists per game while Step is on the bench right now. Even when Step is playing, Ellis still runs point alot. I wouldn't want Ellis unless it was for him to play point. Coach tell him he has 12 shots per game, make them count. He would be a huge upgrade over DC. Sorry, you guys don't watch GSW play on a regular basis. Not to be rude here, but maybe you should know something about what you are commenting on before commenting.

  6. #6
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    1,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Blazers have Felton at PG

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ellis is a pg/sg. He was a pg till Step was drafted to the team. He is averaging over 7 assists per game while Step is on the bench right now. Even when Step is playing, Ellis still runs point alot. I wouldn't want Ellis unless it was for him to play point. Coach tell him he has 12 shots per game, make them count. He would be a huge upgrade over DC. Sorry, you guys don't watch GSW play on a regular basis. Not to be rude here, but maybe you should know something about what you are commenting on before commenting.
    Since i live for part of the year in the Oakland area and have been to 5 warrior games since last march, I think I have done my due diligence not to be rude here but make sure you know who you are talking to before you comment.

  8. #8
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since i live for part of the year in the Oakland area and have been to 5 warrior since last march, I think I have done my due diligence not to be rude here but make sure you know who you are talking to before you comment.
    Not to be rude to you, but, I don't care you have seen a whole 5 games since March. I have watched about 220 warrior games since Ellis came into the league. I trust what I know much more then you.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be rude to you, but, I don't care you have seen a whole 5 games since March. I have watched about 220 warrior games since Ellis came into the league. I trust what I know much more then you.
    That's just in person champ...they are my second favorite team in the league and I have followed them long before monta came into the league.
    To think you are the smartest man in the room is delusional...if monta comes here to be the two I am cool with that. Maybe send hill instead of dc but monta just wouldn't be a good PG on a team with other players that can score and god knows his defense isn't great (not terrible, just not great)

  10. #10
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's just in person champ...they are my second favorite team in the league and I have followed them long before monta came into the league.
    To think you are the smartest man in the room is delusional...if monta comes here to be the two I am cool with that. Maybe send hill instead of dc but monta just wouldn't be a good PG on a team with other players that can score and god knows his defense isn't great (not terrible, just not great)
    I have no feelings for Warriors, I have to watch them.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 01-16-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no feelings for Warriors, I have to watch them.
    Congrats? Has nothing to do with the subject that monta isn't the point guard this team needs. It's a bad fit at the point...if he wants to be the 2 we have to know about his defensive deficiencies and his lack of size...am I wrong?

  12. #12
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Pacers Warriors Blazers

    Excluding his performance this year, as we all know why.

    Ellis is being deprived when he is in the SG position. Ellis needs to be a PG. He needs the ball in his hands. He is a shot creator and play maker. One of the main problems with DC thus far is he has the speed to drive but he doesn't see the floor when doing it. Ellis can penetrate and find his teammate or complete the drive. Ellis demands double teams when he is a threat to penetrate. DC rarely pulls a double team, thus giving him nowhere to go. As for the defense, Warriors has only had like 2 all time defensive players ever. They have always abused the defensive play and to think that it is going to change after a dozen games with a new coach and no physical practices is crazy. Ellis has the physical package to excel at defense and especially at the PG position. I can go on and on, but I will stop here.

    To think that Ellis is only a SG is foolish. To think Ellis wouldn't be a huge upgrade over DC is very foolish. It's a shame Ellis didn't have a better place to play when he first got in the league, but that's another story.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excluding his performance this year, as we all know why.

    Ellis is being deprived when he is in the SG position. Ellis needs to be a PG. He needs the ball in his hands. He is a shot creator and play maker. One of the main problems with DC thus far is he has the speed to drive but he doesn't see the floor when doing it. Ellis can penetrate and find his teammate or complete the drive. Ellis demands double teams when he is a threat to penetrate. DC rarely pulls a double team, thus giving him nowhere to go. As for the defense, Warriors has only had like 2 all time defensive players ever. They have always abused the defensive play and to think that it is going to change after a dozen games with a new coach and no physical practices is crazy. Ellis has the physical package to excel at defense and especially at the PG position. I can go on and on, but I will stop here.

    To think that Ellis is only a SG is foolish. To think Ellis wouldn't be a huge upgrade over DC is very foolish. It's a shame Ellis didn't have a better place to play when he first got in the league, but that's another story.
    That's pretty silly considering he is alot closer to Allen iverson than rondo. He is a better off guard than a point guard because you say he "sees the floor" he rarely makes great passes, just the ones that are obvious that dc makes anyways.

Similar Threads

  1. What the Blazes? It?s the Blazers!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
  2. Star Editorial: City should stand up to Pacers
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
  4. Article about recent Pacers moves (Warning: Stats)
    By maragin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:01 PM
  5. Star Article, Pacers don't want to gut roster.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •