Thread: Westbrook and Harden

Default Westbrook and Harden

Thoughts on this deal: basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5976165

Basically packaging Danny and Darren for Harden and Westbrook. We could sweeten it with a Hansbrough for Aldrich swap as well; and we'd probably have to throw in a first rounder.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Westbrook and Harden

I will steal a line from Larry Bird

"there isn't enough on our team for Harden and Westbrook the Pacers are a good team but to get Harden and Westbrook you have to get a ton back"

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will steal a line from Larry Bird

"there isn't enough on our team for Harden and Westbrook the Pacers are a good team but to get Harden and Westbrook you have to get a ton back"
    That can't be a real quote. At any rate, it's just not true. Would OKC really turn down this deal (along with a handful of draft picks): http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/5976209

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    That can't be a real quote. At any rate, it's just not true. Would OKC really turn down this deal (along with a handful of draft picks): http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/5976209
    yes Harden and Westbrook are on a different level than our guys they compliment each other so well and they are both all star talents. Westbrook was the 2nd pg in the league last year. Only way they trade guys like that is for a Dwight Howard. OKC has the best bench in basketball and on of the best starting lineups no need to ruin it they are all really young too.

That quote is making fun of Bird's quote back in 2010 he said the Nets didn't have enough on their team to get Danny and #10 in the draft.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Russell Westbrook is All NBA 2nd team at the most important position in the NBA. James Harden is the real deal, but willing to take a back seat, much like Manu Ginobilli. On a lesser team James Harden would be a national name.

Those guys aren't going anywhere.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

This would make more sense if PG and Harden were taken out of the equation. No need to swap them.

I could see this being plausible if OKC had any need for Danny, but they really don't.

Presti wouldn't do this deal in a million years

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that the Thunder will end up paying Westbrook a (near) max deal, which would put them very close to LT territory. They have Ibaka and Harden up for deals after next year and will have to let someone walk. I am wondering if we can sign either Harden or Ibaka once they become available. OKC will have $65M tied up after Westbrook is signed, plus add in probably another $2M for draft picks. They have Bird Rights on both, but that would put them in a position to be WAY over the LT for a long time and not be able to re-sign any of their other younger players.

I would target Ibaka after 2012/2013 which is when West's deal comes off the books. I would love to get Hraden, but I think he would cost a lot more and wouldn't be worth it. Ibaka is a HUGE difference maker defensively and would fit well with both Hansborough and Hibbert. He would probably cost less in a trade if we go that route. We would be signing a restricted free agent, which Herb is against mind you, but a trade is an option.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 01-18-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I think that the Thunder will end up paying Westbrook a (near) max deal, which would put them very close to LT territory. They have Ibaka and Harden up for deals after next year and will have to let someone walk. I am wondering if we can sign either Harden or Ibaka once they become available. OKC will have $65M tied up after Westbrook is signed, plus add in probably another $2M for draft picks. They have Bird Rights on both, but that would put them in a position to be WAY over the LT for a long time and not be able to re-sign any of their other younger players.

I would target Ibaka after 2012/2013 which is when West's deal comes off the books. I would love to get Hraden, but I think he would cost a lot more and wouldn't be worth it. Ibaka is a HUGE difference maker defensively and would fit well with both Hansborough and Hibbert. He would probably cost less in a trade if we go that route. We would be signing a restricted free agent, which Herb is against mind you, but a trade is an option.
    Ibaka never seems to get better. He can block shots, but his rebounds aren't anything special. I haven't seen the guy play much, but his numbers don't look that good.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Ibaka never seems to get better. He can block shots, but his rebounds aren't anything special. I haven't seen the guy play much, but his numbers don't look that good.
    You can't really dictate what this kid is by his numbers. His rebounding numbers are down since they brought in Perkins. His defense is as good as any big in the league. This is also the reason why it would cost less to get him than Harden. Ibaka is a very good player and its not represented by superficial stats. Plus I think his minutes are down a bit since they brought in Perkins. I would definitely give up something of value for the guy. Stats be damned.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

This is pretty bad for both teams...
    OKC don't need to trade their starting-somewhere-between-allstar-superstar point guard and quality starter for a semi star SF (when they have a superstar there..) and a developing SG/SF.
    For us, we build around Westbrook, Harden and Hibbert, which isn't bad, but I don't like the idea of us totally mixing things up. This trade really changes the identity of the team.
    Anyway.. OKC won't take this