Thread: Pacers' brass love Harrison

Default Pacers' brass love Harrison

From today's Insider on rookies:

"David Harrison, Pacers: His numbers in the preseason don't jump out at you . . . but this is an inside tip from Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh who both couldn't stop raving about this kid when I talked to them last week. Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits. Bird called him the steal of the draft. He slipped to No. 29 on draft night because scouts questioned his attitude, work ethics and love of the game. So far, the Pacers say he's been great both off and on the court. His talent no one has every questioned. He's big, athletic and can score in the paint. Watch him closely this season. Both Bird and Walsh think he might become a contributor. If he's as good as advertised, he should be the starter sooner rather than later."

Default Re: Pacers' brass love Harrison

Interesting....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting....
    *echo's the comment *

I like, I like

"I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

ImCrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Interesting....

He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round. I could see him starting before the year is out.

Got to see about the conditioning, though. If this is him after he's gotten in shape, I guess I can see why other teams passed on him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

RA231

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round.

He was picked at the end of the first round. There isnt even a third round in the NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RA231
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    He did just fine tonight. Better than fine, really, he did great for a rookie big man, especially one picked at the end of the third round.
    He was picked at the end of the first round. There isnt even a third round in the NBA draft.
    Not sure how that happened. I think I started to say thirtieth pick and switched.

If I was indygeezer, I'd say it was a senior moment. So what's my excuse?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits.
    What about Hicks' girlfriend?
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    Walsh claims that Harrison might be the best center the Pacers have had since Rik Smits.
    What about Hicks' girlfriend?

[edit=12=1099788066][/edit]