Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Croshere is stepping up...

  1. #1
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Croshere is stepping up...

    Cro turned the momentum tonight with about four minutes left. He grabbed a crucial offensive rebound and then drained a three.

    In the first game, he did some similar key stuff with a three and a steal.

    Most importantly, I noticed tonight that at a key moment (one or two minutes left, I think), it was obvious he WANTED the ball, he got it, and he drained a very important mid range jumper.

    Austin is stepping up.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. #2
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    He is... almost on his way to earning his contract.

  3. #3
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is... almost on his way to earning his contract.

    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  4. #4
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Well you beat me too it , just suprised not many people showing Cro some Love The Past 2 games he has made plays that have helped us out a ton , I guess Austin is always the last to get any credit ..when I feel he is defintely due alittle especially after the past 2 games.

  5. #5
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    It always been there - just needed more time on the court.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It always been there - just needed more time on the court.
    B-I-N-G-O.

  7. #7
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It always been there - just needed more time on the court.
    Exactly how I feel ...nail right on the head


  8. #8
    Johnny
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Yeah, Croshere has been playing on a completely different level these past two games. His shot has been there, and he has been aggressive. What more could we ask for?

  9. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    This was the Austin we thought we were getting years ago.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #10
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    This Harrington trade is becoming better and better...

  11. #11
    ImCrazyB
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Harrington trade is becoming better and better...
    Its great watching the Hawks suffer even though I'm from Atlanta.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Harrington trade is becoming better and better...
    That is an excellent point. Al leaving opens up time for everyone, and now Austin has time to play. I hope he can keep this up all year. Most likely won' be avging 18 pts all year, but if he can be around 10 or so, that would be fantastic.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #13
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,865

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    I was thinking during the game last night that maybe Al was not better than Cro after all. Cro did all the little things that we need out of the backup pf/sf/c.

    He got extra possessions and his rebounding was very welcome. Not to mention the 16 points he chipped in.

  14. #14
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking during the game last night that maybe Al was not better than Cro after all. Cro did all the little things that we need out of the backup pf/sf/c.

    He got extra possessions and his rebounding was very welcome. Not to mention the 16 points he chipped in.
    That is exactly what I was implying...but I don't want to get too excited over 2 games. It just seems like Cro might be the better fit

  15. #15

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    I do not want Cro playing 30 mins a game like Al did. Bench and role players generally do step up play in the short term when the stars are gone. I think that Cro does a lot of good things as a role player and deserves credit but I would not want to depend upon those contributions though out the season.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  16. #16
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It always been there - just needed more time on the court.
    I disagree. He's gotten opportunities from time to time over the years, and never produced like this.

    My theory is, he always blamed Isiah, but after last year he realized he needed to step up, and worked his *** off over the summer (as has been implied in the media.)

    The long burn he had in the preseason leading up to the last two games probably helped his confidence, too.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

    "What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  17. #17
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    That's fine. That's what we are here for - to discuss. All I know is he's gotten way more minutes in the the first two games than at any time last year and is averaging 18 ppg. I'll take that.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  18. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Yeah, I'm with Kegboy. Austin was force-fed opportunity for a while and pissed it away. It's good that he's going now, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that he's been mismanaged all along.

    Incidentally, Austin did, at one time, have a post move. He used it repeatedly on the Lakers in the finals. In fact, he and Reggie did pretty well with the 2-man game for a while.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #19
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    One thing is for sure - he has the support of LB at his side!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...

    Forgive me, Hicks...Would this be the low post game you speak of, Anthem?:


  21. #21

    Default Re: Croshere is stepping up...


    [edit=53=1099779630][/edit]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •