Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Brian Shaw

  1. #1

    Default Brian Shaw

    How much credit does he deserve?

    Clearly our defense is not a fluke. We stopped a red hot Celtics team.

    Bass and Pierce were having great games.. I feel like Brian Shaw is a huge driving force on this new and improved team. We play very good defense.
    Just sucks that we may lose him this up coming season, he's a bright young man with great basketball knowledge. Not to mention he has championship caliber experience both as a player and coach.

  2. #2
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    I'd just try and enjoy what we have.

    He's a good coach. Everyone knows that. And you're right, in all likelihood he'll get a lot of HC looks this coming offseason and I won't be surprised if he leaves.

    But the most important thing is to have our guys learn while we have him here. If our guys take what he teaches and applies it for years to come, then you really have to be appreciative.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    On one of the segments during the game on TV (I think halftime), they said Dan Burke is now in charge of the Defense... Shaw works with the guards and has input with other things (like being a 2nd head coach).
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    He is helping Lance and Paul a lot. He coached Kobe who is Paul's idol I cant remember where I heard it from but he gets Paul working harder by talking about how good of work ethic Kobe had.

    Also I think he is helping DC a lot

    Shaw could of been an all star level player imo if he had DC's physical gifts man was a really smart pg.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    I don't know what he does.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    I hope Shaw stays around for awhile, he'll have plenty of time to be a head coach.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Celtics weren't red hot. They suck overall as a team. But i'm still happy we have Brian Shaw

  13. #8
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,788

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtics weren't red hot. They suck overall as a team. But i'm still happy we have Brian Shaw
    They were kinda on a 4 game win streak.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were kinda on a 4 game win streak.
    and so what that mean? They good? Not! They suck! All they have is a bunch of old *** players out of their prime.

  16. #10
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,788

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and so what that mean? They good? Not! They suck! All they have is a bunch of old *** players out of their prime.
    Well, they did suck early on until Pierce was back and they started to play like their usual selves. They are really old though, but I don't think that's the only reason we won like we did.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    I'm just messing, don't wanna start any trouble. Just really hate the celtics lol

  19. #12
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,788

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just messing, don't wanna start any trouble. Just really hate the celtics lol
    Lol, understandable.

  20. #13
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    I'll tell you what, he's definitely made our Guards tougher. Us Area55ers got to watch Shootaround last night before the game, and he was letting guys have it. He did a drill with Dahntay and Lance where one would pass it to the other down on the block while Shaw guarded them. Shaw would push, shove, smack, hit, throw them around throughout the entire drill. He was very active with them.


    I loved it.

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll tell you what, he's definitely made our Guards tougher. Us Area55ers got to watch Shootaround last night before the game, and he was letting guys have it. He did a drill with Dahntay and Lance where one would pass it to the other down on the block while Shaw guarded them. Shaw would push, shove, smack, hit, throw them around throughout the entire drill. He was very active with them.


    I loved it.
    Dahntay passing it? It can't possibly be! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brian Shaw

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dahntay passing it? It can't possibly be! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

    It's getting to the point now where I want Dahntay to pass the ball when he's shooting free throws....

Similar Threads

  1. SI Piece on Brian Shaw...
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 07:53 AM
  2. Shaw learned he didn't get the Lakers job from TV
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
  3. Brian Shaw interviewing for lead assistant
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 06:10 PM
  5. Los Angeles Lakers assistant Brian Shaw visits Cleveland Cavaliers [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •