View Poll Results: Most impressive player so far?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darren Collison

17 16.19%
  • George Hill

5 4.76%
  • Paul George

5 4.76%
  • Roy Hibbert

76 72.38%
  • Other

2 1.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most impressive player so far?

Default Re: Most impressive player so far?

I know this is for a single player but I have to give props to all the bigs. I'm happy for Roy though. His work is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy by a mile. However, this was the most aggressive Roy has ever been offensively (tonight aqgainst the Bobcats). He was getting right underneath the hoop to score, don't know why he doesn't attempt that in more games. Too often he puts the shot up before he needs to.

DC has been very good though.
    It's not every game Roy gets to abuse the front court of the Bobkitties.

I agree though, Roy by a mile. Not to put a damper on it, but he also played out of his mind at the start of last year too. Hopefully he keeps it up all year!

I went with Roy without a second thought, but it is nice to see alot of people giving love to DC. He is doing great too and I get tired of seeing the posts where people hate on him.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can see what moves Roy added from Tim Duncan's bag of tricks. His shots have been, by far, more efficient and effective. If Roy has a big game against Spencer Hawes, my vote is no longer split between he and Darren. I don't know if Darren is "improved" or "acclimated" - he may just be comfortable in his role as a Pacer.

Roy sealed this tonight with his effort and performance on a bad ankle and being gassed

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went with Roy without a second thought, but it is nice to see alot of people giving love to DC. He is doing great too and I get tired of seeing the posts where people hate on him.
    Roy is on the uptick now for sure. He's got double-double boards and points with a 50+% from the field going...which is usually reserved for guys knocking on the door for the all-star team. Most definitely, he is better than DC in terms of value.

I voted for DC although I've hated on him in the past. Fact is, he's playing a lot better this year and I owed him some props. If I were to vote again, it would be very difficult to decide...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am so happy how Roy is playing and happy for Roy. I was a doubter of him early on especially in college and in his rookie year. (seeing him as a freshman at GT and now seeing him where he is today is amazing. His freshman year he looked like he didnt even know how to play ball and could barley make it up and down the floor.)

Just goes to show hard work pays off congrats Roy and thank you for all the effort and everything you do on and off the court.

Hibs. Not even close. We'll see if he keeps it up or has another major drop-off like he did last season... hopefully Vogel proves to be the cure for that.

DC or Hibbert, to fall in line. Surprised anyone is honestly saying Paul George, though. His trey is silk, but he's playing too fast and too sloppy to have shown any notable improvement over his rookie year yet. In fact, he looks a bit more like a rookie than he did as a rookie...but I expect that to improve as the season goes on.

Tough choice between Hibbert and DC. I voted DC just because been more of a surprise. Hibbert we knew could do this, he's shown a lot of flashes of this type of play before, he just needed to do it consistently and now he is. DC was less of a sure thing. I knew he had the potential and I had more faith in him than most here, but I thought it was going to be slower improvement than what he's shown far. He's taken a big step.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hands down it's Roy.

He looks so much more comfortable out there. He's playing with dominance at a consistent level, he takes his time, he's rebounding, blocking. He's playing like the 7-2 center he is.

It shows his hardwork didn't go to waste and it's doing wonders for him and the team.

Keep it up Roy!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy Hibbert is the MIP. He has a team high PER of 20.65. He's the only Pacers player in the top 87 players in the NBA in PER (39th and tied with Dirk).

Lately he's doing a better job of playing through contact and drawing fouls as well. His turnovers are also down. He needs to be option #1 on offense considering how bad the Pacers offense has been on the perimeter.