Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Team's tank in January? We were around .500 then too.

edit: Anyway, it's silly to argue. You'd have to be blind not to see that Price helps this team far more than Lance does. Whether you like his "game" or not is irrelevant. He's a very good floor general and that's needed in the second unit. It hurts the team to play Lance instead. But if that's the way Larry wants to go, then he can have fun explaining that to the rest of the team.
    The way you act like its an absolute certain fact that Bird must be forcing Vogel to play Lance is very assuming. Its like you treat all your assumptions as indisputable facts that only a fool would disagree with.

Sports Logo

Vogel's a guy whose statements I take at face value. "If I wanted to go the entire season without having a conversation with him I could do that. He believes in letting his coaches coach."

Larry's not forcing Frank to play anyone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Wow the post game threads are awfully short when the Pacers win....

Granger at 33% FG tonight, but again made alot of great plays on D and made good decisions on the other end. Only had 1-2 questionable shots. I actually think he had a couple of shots that he passed up. I loved seeing him down in the post. 50% from the post this game, only 2 shots attempted though, but both were good looks after backing his man down.
    It was nice to see him look more comfortable in the post since we've been trying this out a couple of times a game this year. I think we'll continue to see him making 2-3 attempts in the post per game.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I guess another thing to keep in mind is that apparently he looks really good in practice pretty often. As we learned with Jonathan Bender, that doesn't promise a thing, but it would help to explain why they would want to keep giving him looks: To keep giving his game a chance to 'catch fire' when it matters in a way that doesn't necessarily jeopardize much in terms of winning/losing games. Low risk, high reward.
    Unlike Bender, present situation considered, at least Lance is typically available to suit up and play.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

You can say about Bender what you want, his knees were/are a sad story and the contract he got may have been "TO MUCH" (though insurance picked most of the real cost up i am sure) but he was a serisouly talented dude, and showed a lot more then Lance has so far.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    I wonder if Seth is happy with how his hero played tonight . Still being a thug ( Gerald Henderson ).

Thug? I don't believe I've ever heard that word associated with Henderson b4.
    This from someone who can't stand another poster point out a good player in the draft that's better than Rush. How's that trade working out for Rush now? SOS, Mr. Inconsistancy. Just face up to the reality he's just another Rush brother. Speaking of Rush brothers, where's that great 3 pt shooter Kareem these days? Your comment to me sounds more like sour grapes and jealousy than anything else.

I'll be waiting this year on reading YOUR indepth analyze of players in the draft, so I can pick it apart and scoff at your assessments of players. Please don't disappoint me by not stepping up to b/u your choices. My guess is I'll be waiting for not as it's easier to criticize than to back up one's own opinion.

Sports Logo

Wouldn't call Henderson a thug, that label takes a repeated pattern of behavior for me, but I think it's safe to call the guy a bit dirty. The kind of dirty that you love if he's wearing blue and gold, but dirty nonetheless.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wouldn't call Henderson a thug, that label takes a repeated pattern of behavior for me, but I think it's safe to call the guy a bit dirty. The kind of dirty that you love if he's wearing blue and gold, but dirty nonetheless.
    Its pretty borderline at this point... probably still one bad incident away from thug..... tho recall he was the guy that elbowed Tyler Hansbrough in the face in college when tyler was shooting. Bloody mess.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

But Djones and Lance together=

QFT!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Its pretty borderline at this point... probably still one bad incident away from thug..... tho recall he was the guy that elbowed Tyler Hansbrough in the face in college when tyler was shooting. Bloody mess.

What irratates me is if the roles were reversed and Henderson had dived on Hill, and Hill got up the same way Henderson did there would be little said from Pacers fans. Definately nothing about Hill being a thug. To be quite honest, I would have expected Hill or any Pacer player to re-act the way Henderson did. We are playing smashmouth hard BB. Take no quarter, give no quarter. You think if Lamibeer had dove on top of Bird that Bird would re-acted any different? This incident incited the Pacers to play better, and win the game. Maybe if something like this had happened in Miami, the Pacers wouldn't have had their ***** handed to them as badly as they did.

Was it Dahntay that "accidently" kicked a Bobcat player in the family jewels? Where is the outcry Dahntay is a thug? Where's the outrage with what Dahntay did? Oh yeah, Dahntay is a Pacer, different set of standards apply.

My feeling there has been some players head hunting Hans, and doing it on purpose to injure him. Like Vogel said "no one wants to play agaist Hans." I don't approve of it in the least. The intent to harm is absolute thugery!!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In case anyone missed what is being discussed....

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Vogel's a guy whose statements I take at face value. "If I wanted to go the entire season without having a conversation with him I could do that. He believes in letting his coaches coach."

Larry's not forcing Frank to play anyone.
    I disagree.

Force though, may be too strong of a word. "You can play who you want but I'd prefer you to play X" Isn't forcing, but most coaches would do it, especially a young coach looking for advice from all corners. And even more when that GM is Larry Bird.

Larry has influence on who plays and always has. As does probably a lot of GMs. That's why all of a sudden Hansbrough started playing last season for JOB. And why Lance got in the game for five games.

Anyway, if the Pacers want to play "smashmouth" they're going to have to expect teams to react the way the Bobcats did. That's just the nature of that style of play. Teams will fight back. I don't think our team will mind too much.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Mood

Frank Vogel. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    UB and Rock747 already said something about it, but I have to bring it up again.

Croshere did a fantastic job! He's not Clark...yet, but he is much better than anyone else we've had as a color commentator. I really like him doing that job. I hope he gets the gig permanently.
    Croshere definitely had some excellent analysis. Really liked that part. As he continues to learn/develop, I might suggest he consider that he does not need to fill every pause with commentary however. Sometimes more is less, particularly when you start harping on the same or similar points too often.

Overall, though, a very impressive debut as color commentator. He's delivery overall has improved immensely since last season on the post game show. Much more smooth and polished. Think he could be really good.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

20. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I really like Cro as a commentator because his analysis is absolutely stellar. He picks up on things and has knowledge about how other players play, he can read a scouting report, he points out growth in our players (a huge plus), and he has a lot of knowledge combined with a love for the Pacers which is great... I already hope he replaces Quinn.. Not that I have a hate for him, but Croshere is just that good.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I know you are a big AJ fan, and I like him too, but I just don't think it makes much of a difference which of the two guys are playing. I think it's more important to get Lance acclimated to the NBA game and his teammates. I want to know how good the kid can be.
    I'd rather put the Player on the floor that puts the 2nd unit in a better position to win....if that turns out to be AJ over Lance....then I choose AJ every time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Say that all you want, but it's not the same.

And I'm on your side, don't get me wrong. I think AJ should get those minutes based on how both have played thus far. But the only way to find out if Lance can make it at the NBA level is to let the kid play in actual games.

And yes, I'm aware that could cost us games. It's not a good feeling, and it's a tough decision, but that's how you find out if he can make it or not.
    In a shortened 66 game where every game counts.....you put in the best Player that will put you in a position to win. If AJ is that guy...then he gets the nod over Lance...or vice versa.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    Why can't the Pacers just stop playing Dahntay and give his minutes to AJ/Lance? Would that not be the best situation?
    Cuz AJ or Lance + Inferno puts in a better position to win games over AJ+Lance.....for the next season or two.