Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 118

Thread: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

  1. #76
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you are a big AJ fan, and I like him too, but I just don't think it makes much of a difference which of the two guys are playing. I think it's more important to get Lance acclimated to the NBA game and his teammates. I want to know how good the kid can be.
    Would you say it's "irrevelant?" 10 minutes or so a game definitely makes a difference. Stephenson to Price is night and day right now. Price should get those minutes. Let Stephenson acclimate when they're not keeping score in practice.

  2. #77
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say it's "irrevelant?" 10 minutes or so a game definitely makes a difference. Stephenson to Price is night and day right now. Price should get those minutes. Let Stephenson acclimate when they're not keeping score in practice.
    Say that all you want, but it's not the same.

    And I'm on your side, don't get me wrong. I think AJ should get those minutes based on how both have played thus far. But the only way to find out if Lance can make it at the NBA level is to let the kid play in actual games.

    And yes, I'm aware that could cost us games. It's not a good feeling, and it's a tough decision, but that's how you find out if he can make it or not.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Why exactly are we so intent on finding out if a second round pick can make it in the NBA while we are 6-2? Do you think the Bulls are concerning themselves with this sort of thing? If Lance is going to make it, he'll make it. No one did AJ Price any favors and force fed him minutes. Why does Lance get that benefit? Right now AJ is out playing him. AJ out played him last year as well. AJ has out played him every time he has gotten the chance.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 01-08-2012 at 01:03 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Exactly what I was gonna say. We have to stop thinking this way. Team is ready to compete now. Winning games should be the top priority. Keeping our guys healthy/rested is also important, so get guys minutes that way.

  7. #80

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Is there such anincrease in talent and skill with AJ has over Lance that it actually makes such a huge difference? Gimme a break. Plus it's not like Frank can't yank one or the other out whenever he wants. I trust Frank to make the right choices with his bench.

    It feels good to trust the coach Try it!

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Yes, there is a huge talent difference in the sense that Price keeps the ball moving, while Lance kills the flow of the offense.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #82
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    You guys might scoff at this, but highest +/- of the night? AJ Price.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #83

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And yes, I'm aware that could cost us games. It's not a good feeling, and it's a tough decision, but that's how you find out if he can make it or not.
    I am really surprised that I seem to be in the minority here. Having Lance out there instead of AJ for 10 minutes is not going to cost us games.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  13. #84

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys might scoff at this, but highest +/- of the night? AJ Price.
    +/- is A tool, not THE tool.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +/- is A tool, not THE tool.
    Cool, well Lance's highest +/- of the season is +1.

    Is there a good reason for Lance to be backup point guard other than "finding out what we have"? Might as well give Pendergraph Foster's minutes then.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #86
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am really surprised that I seem to be in the minority here. Having Lance out there instead of AJ for 10 minutes is not going to cost us games.
    No one has said it's going to cost us games, but I'm making the argument it won't help us win them. While I think AJ, will.

    Let's just replace their names for a second and let's call them "Plays within the offense and keeps the ball moving" and "Needs the ball in his hands, and likes to throw the final pass"

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #87
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    I guess another thing to keep in mind is that apparently he looks really good in practice pretty often. As we learned with Jonathan Bender, that doesn't promise a thing, but it would help to explain why they would want to keep giving him looks: To keep giving his game a chance to 'catch fire' when it matters in a way that doesn't necessarily jeopardize much in terms of winning/losing games. Low risk, high reward.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #88
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +/- is A tool, not THE tool, JOB was THE tool.
    Fixed
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  21. #89

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually think Dahntay has played really well and really within himself for the past couple of games.
    I like Dahntay. I was referring to the fouls and technical. I do think he could play a smarter game overall though, and would like to see him keep looking to passing more.

  22. #90

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Dahntay. I was referring to the fouls and technical. I do think he could play a smarter game overall though, and would like to see him keep looking to passing more.
    I agree. Regular Season Dahntay> Preseason Dahntay

  23. #91

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there such anincrease in talent and skill with AJ has over Lance that it actually makes such a huge difference? Gimme a break. Plus it's not like Frank can't yank one or the other out whenever he wants. I trust Frank to make the right choices with his bench.

    It feels good to trust the coach Try it!
    I trust Frank just fine. I just don't trust Larry. He gets stubborn about something and he sticks too it.

    Larry didn't get as much heat as he should have over the JOB fiasco.

    This choice, so long as it's permanent (who knows, they could just be seeing how Lance does for a month, and if it's not well than go back to AJ) is not going to be a huge deal, but it's got the potential to hurt the Pacers.

    You lose in Boston without Price. Lance is a liability on both sides of the ball. But I agree, he doesn't lose games. He just doesn't give you the potential to help win them, unlike Price. The team has just looked better these past two games. It's a better ten to play.

    But as TraderJoe said, I don't know why AJ Price has to prove every season that he's at worst, the second best point guard on the roster. It has to be old..

    And at this point it's not that it's just unfair to AJ. It's unfair to DC, who has to play more minutes than he should because Lance can't play PG at an adequate level. It's unfair to Hill, who has to take on a larger role with Lance, instead of doing what he's most comfortable with. And it's unfair to Frank, who doesn't get to play the player that's most likely to help him win, of the two - and the combination of players that'll help him win.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  25. #92
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys might scoff at this, but highest +/- of the night? AJ Price.
    Followed by Mr. Granger.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  26. #93
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance kills the flow of the offense.
    I don't believe that is 100% accurate..
    What kills the flow of offense was rotating Lance and Dahntay in close to the same time..

    Don't let the illusion fool you, lol, but that was mostly Dahntay stalling the offensive flow.. At least that is what I witnessed in those games...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  28. #94

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys might scoff at this, but highest +/- of the night? AJ Price.
    He led all the point guards (on our team) and was fourth on the team in +/- last season

    He led all rookie's in +/- his his rookie season.

    Since he's been a Pacer, they're over .500 in games where AJ has played contributing minutes. (IE, not the last quarter in a 30 point blowout), and that's not getting into quite a few games Price has almost won for the Pacers.

    Not that there's a pattern or anything.

    edit: Then why doesn't it stop the flow when Dahntay's in with Price?

  29. #95
    Member GizzyStardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    This forum is full of drama queens.......

    as has been the case with every forum since the dawn of the internet. I get it.

    Anyhow, I like AJ too, but mostly I agree with the sentiment that this move is hardly a game changer. If Larry Bird thinks the kid deserves a chance, then the kid should get a chance. AJ's had (and will continue to have) his.

    Start complaining when/if Lance actually costs us a game or two. Even if he does, that may still be a small (ahem) price to pay if the development eventually leads to us winning games in the future.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GizzyStardust For This Useful Post:


  31. #96
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You lose in Boston without Price.
    See, person who's name I don't remember, someone said that. The most valuable 2 points, 2 assist's, 1 turnover game ever.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  33. #97

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Why can't the Pacers just stop playing Dahntay and give his minutes to AJ/Lance? Would that not be the best situation?

  34. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He led all the point guards (on our team) and was fourth on the team in +/- last season

    He led all rookie's in +/- his his rookie season.

    Since he's been a Pacer, they're over .500 in games where AJ has played contributing minutes. (IE, not the last quarter in a 30 point blowout), and that's not getting into quite a few games Price has almost won for the Pacers.

    Not that there's a pattern or anything.

    edit: Then why doesn't it stop the flow when Dahntay's in with Price?
    You mean when half the league was tanking and we decided to try and went on like a 10gm when streak at the end of the season??


    Dahntay hurts Lance IMO when Lance looked his best was this lineup the other night. He needs to not be on the floor as the same time. They are a terrible combo together on offense and the offense gets stagnate.

    Hill-Stephenson-Granger-Hansbrough-Hibbert

    Hill-Stephenson-Granger-West-Hansbrough

    He played good with both of those units. I would like to see him play with those units and also one with Foster at C that will help Lance IMO and help the team.



    But Djones and Lance together=

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  36. #99

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean when half the league was tanking and we decided to try and went on like a 10gm when streak at the end of the season??
    Team's tank in January? We were around .500 then too.

    edit: Anyway, it's silly to argue. You'd have to be blind not to see that Price helps this team far more than Lance does. Whether you like his "game" or not is irrelevant. He's a very good floor general and that's needed in the second unit. It hurts the team to play Lance instead. But if that's the way Larry wants to go, then he can have fun explaining that to the rest of the team.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-08-2012 at 02:15 AM.

  37. #100
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobcats Postgame thread

    This thread has become majorly silly.

    PACERS ARE 6-2!!

    PACERS ARE 6-2!!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •