Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Boston Tea Party

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Boston Tea Party

Aj price might be the best PG for running an offense. Also Garnett might seemed afraid to jaw with Hans. That's pretty cool.
    We got a new weapon this time around: a Lance forged on the Isle de Coney, built for piercing trolls and false kings alike! Prince Paul rides with this Lance at hand, from the West fortress on Mt. Hibb. He shall pierce the demon heart of your misguided Cavalier, and he shall claim his crown.

~War cry of the Ratking (2013 ECF)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the risk of being jumped on, it is because few other teams are playing particularly well themselves due to the short preseason.

It's great that we have the will to tough out those games - and you're right, it has been some time since we had that kind of fortitude - but we will NOT be able to continue like this for more than another week at most before we start being passed up b y teams that have settled in.
    If they're going to settle in, aren't we going to settle in, too?

Banned

At the risk of being jumped on, it is because few other teams are playing particularly well themselves due to the short preseason.

It's great that we have the will to tough out those games - and you're right, it has been some time since we had that kind of fortitude - but we will NOT be able to continue like this for more than another week at most before we start being passed up b y teams that have settled in.
    Somebody please boo this man booo .....

In all seriousness I agree with you, I expect teams like NY, Celtics and many others to start playing better, lets hope we start playing better so we can stay in the same position we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    It's always great to find players who can elevate, but those that can elevate and also levitate would be pretty unstoppable! Sort of like a combo of "Bewitched" and "The White Shadow"
    It actually wasn't a typo... when I wrote it, I was kinda imagining Paul George standing out on the court, and a "whawhawhawhawha" sound out of nowhere, and shooting once he was about 3 or 4 feet above the ground.

Yeah, I'm a weird dude.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yep. And I expect more change in our team over the next month than most teams.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    At this point, yes. I'm going out on a limb and saying he gets one tonight though. The link below is the list of players with zero assists sorted by minutes played.

Hansbrough, Joel Anthony, and Derrick Favors are the only three players over 100 minutes played without one yet.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=mp

record probably Yinka Dare, '95-'96; 58 GP, 626 Minutes, 0 Asst.
    Tyler needs to go more than three times longer to get that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dareyi01.html

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Somebody please boo this man booo .....

In all seriousness I agree with you, I expect teams like NY, Celtics and many others to start playing better, lets hope we start playing better so we can stay in the same position we are now.
    Until the Knicks can play defense (not going to happen under D'Antoni) I'm not concerned. Everyone gave Chandler all the credit for the Mavs becoming an amazing defensive team, um, I think their coach might have had a little something to do with that as well.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    One would hope, but it isn't like there's some guarantee. The more games we win in spite of playing poorly for long stretches, the more concerned we should be.

Frankly, I think winning those games (obviously) makes us better than last year, but we will have to be able to win games while playing strongly in order to actually end the season as the team just out of the top tier of the East as so many are already starting to hype about.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

One would hope, but it isn't like there's some guarantee.
    Well, what you said before suggests there's some guarantee for the other 29 teams...?

Nice to check in after months of being away and read through an Odd Thoughts post. This place continues to be the best Pacers fan forum going.

It's been a long, long time since being an Indiana basketball fan has been this much fun. IU, Pacers... it's all good right now!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    record probably Yinka Dare, '95-'96; 58 GP, 626 Minutes, 0 Asst.
    Tyler needs to go more than three times longer to get that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dareyi01.html
    Yep. Nobody is touching Yinka. 4 assists in 1002 career minutes. Mind blowing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Until the Knicks can play defense (not going to happen under D'Antoni) I'm not concerned. Everyone gave Chandler all the credit for the Mavs becoming an amazing defensive team, um, I think their coach might have had a little something to do with that as well.
    If Baron is healthy he is going to make a huge difference, I agree in part with what you are saying but at the moment they just don't have a floor general who can do what Mike wants to do in the offensive end, right now their offense is as horrible as their defense but they have the talent to have a good record at the end.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Nice to check in after months of being away and read through an Odd Thoughts post. This place continues to be the best Pacers fan forum going.

It's been a long, long time since being an Indiana basketball fan has been this much fun. IU, Pacers... it's all good right now!
    An A-Train sighting.

This new Pacers team might revive some old PD legends.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post

Holy cow, an A-Train siting! Post more often!

Enjoy your time at PD!

I have a feeling this team will keep me interested. Good seeing you guys again.