Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 167

Thread: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

  1. #101

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having Price and Foster back in the rotation obviously helps. Having Hill starting to find his game also helps. I like that lineup that includes AJ, PG, Dahntay, Hansbrough and Foster, it reminded me of how they played against the Bulls last year. I think having Amundson and Foster in at the same time would be a real treat too. Hopefully having Foster will strengthen our unit off the bench and we can see what this team is really made of.
    Definitely agree. Foster makes a big difference, I think.

  2. #102

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd give Lance a few minutes of developmental time at the SG, by taking away some of Jones' time.

    I'd actually play him with Price. You can't find a better type of PG to play next to Lance. Hill isn't a PG, and plays much better when a PG is playing with him. Him and AJ looked great together tonight. (Now, if Lance still stunk by the middle of February, even at the SG position, then it's time to put DJones back in the rotation.)

    We have a young team, so we supposedly won't get tired. That's not true, although young teams have fresher legs, they also tend to have weaker minds, and aren't mentally able to handle the amount of games these teams are going to play. Playing Price takes some burden off of DC and Hill's shoulders, where as playing Lance puts an even bigger one on Hill (and by extension, DC)

    Dahntay is just as professional as AJ, but not as needed.

    It's obvious that Lance's development is coming first. But we want to win too. And we lose the game tonight if AJ doesn't play.
    I liked it a lot tonight when they were playing two point guards at a time. Helps to compensate maybe for not having an outstanding single point guard.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd give Lance a few minutes of developmental time at the SG, by taking away some of Jones' time.

    I'd actually play him with Price. You can't find a better type of PG to play next to Lance. Hill isn't a PG, and plays much better when a PG is playing with him. Him and AJ looked great together tonight.

    We have a young team, so we supposedly won't get tired. That's not true, although young teams have fresher legs, they also tend to have weaker minds, and aren't mentally able to handle the amount of games these teams are going to play. Playing Price takes some burden off of DC and Hill's shoulders, where as playing Lance puts an even bigger one on Hill (and by extension, DC)

    Dahntay is just as professional as AJ, but not as needed.

    It's obvious that Lance's development is coming first. But we want to win too. And we lose the game tonight if AJ doesn't play.
    I agree completely but unfortunately I dont think the will play Lance at SF which is where DJ minutes are at. (I think it is his best position but thats just me)

    I would drop DJ's minutes to about 10mpg depending on who we are playing. If we are playing a team like Miami obviously DJ gets more minutes because we need his defense.

    I agree Lance need to play with either with AJ or Hill and more importantly not with DJ. DJ with Lance his a bad combo just in general neither one can shoot from range and both ball dominate. Paul and Lance would be ideal at wings if Lance is playing a wing.

  4. #104
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Boston sucks and they are too old. Not sure why they are even trying to compete. Trade Garnett and Pierce they too old and slow.

  5. #105
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Paul George's 3-ball has just become incredible and ridiculous. It HAS to fall back down to earth, by my God...! And he just looks so comfortable taking it, spot up or catch and shoot.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  7. #106
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw Danny and Dahntay on him.

    Poor PG guarding Ray. PG played decent defense..Ray was just on, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Well, that's giving Paul a BIG pass. He let himself get lost on at least 3 of Allen's 3-balls; it was frustrating me to watch in those instances. That's easily the biggest chink in his armor on D right now; he just HAS to learn to not lose his man off ball. If he does figure that out, he's officially entered BEAST MODE on that side of the floor. Well, if he does that and more consistently gets some blocks/steals, that is.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  9. #107
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    One of the 3 I think you're attributing to Paul was a situation where he was covering for someone else and they never got back to their own man to help Paul be allowed to get free to go back. I only saw two.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  11. #108

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    David West looked very frustrated, not just with the flow of the game, but his team mates too. It seemed like he was getting mad that people couldn't be in the right spots or make the right passes. But hell, we won! I think things will get smoother as they play more (I hope).

    The Pacers defense was good, but Boston was also horrible tonight. There were ALOT of open looks that Paul Pierce and the rest of the team will not miss very often.

    JO played great D, he had some incredible blocks. I smirked at his fade away baseline jumper attempt early in the game.

    I was really hoping someone would knock Rondo on his *** for that showboating layup. Paul George almost got there too.

    DC doesn't see the open guys very well. There were multiple times we had guys in front of the D ready for the sweet dime and easy layup that he missed, but the dude can really find his spots and hit the jumpers. I want him to look to score when they are playing tough teams that have the passing lanes on lock down.

    Paul George has a bit of Reggie in him. I'd love to see us start running him off screens for open jumpers like that one play we saw tonight. Was that designed or accidental? Either way it was smooth.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 01-07-2012 at 02:08 AM.

  12. #109
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    stop it just stop it. We are in win now mode?? LOL. Hate to break it to everyone we aren't winning this year and proablly not contending in the east for at least 3 years once the kids develop.
    We have a team that had a winning record under a new coach last season... Who played very well in the playoffs against the MVP and the team with the most regular season victories... Subtracted terrible contracts and 1 good rotation player while adding 3 good rotation players... 2 of which are starter level players in the L... We are seeing development from every core young player remaining on the team from last year... We are 5-2 with our top scorer shooting like crap and a still developing team offense... And we are a top 5 defensive team...

    We are legitimately on the same level or higher than Atlanta (who also got beat by the Heat only without BOTH LeBron and DWade), Orlando, New York, Boston, and Philadelphia in the East... Are those teams not playing to win right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Lance playing the SG but saying not to play him cause we are in win now mode is ridiculous. I dont know about everyone else but I want to see how he gets better as the season goes and to see if he is worthy of getting his option picked up next year but thats JMO.
    I'm not saying don't play him period... I'm saying don't play him as a primary backup out of his natural position in front of someone that makes more sense... There's always garbage time... Or a chance to prove himself if someone gets injured or starts to play like crap... Like most second round draft picks prove their talent... Like AJ proved his talent... And even if we don't see him play much this year we could still pick up his option with very little cap impact next year and he can continue to try to prove his worth... If he's not worth it he's filling out a 14th/15th roster spot at worst...


    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AJ should play as well if he is playing well. But obviously it seems the FO doesn't see him as a future Pacer so Lance should play over him at SG because they are invested in Lance. Weather that is fair or not it's pretty obvious that is how Larry sees things. Personally I want to see what we have in Lance. If he doesnt show improvement while playing this year that may be a sign. He should get his option picked up anyway but I would like to see progress. We need to play him at SG though we are hindering him by playing him at pg.
    Then you and Larry run the risk of spoiling a talented second unit... And if AJ should play as well if he's playing well (and he usually does) and he's an actual point guard doesn't it make sense to play him there when it is such an important position to a unit? But then that just leaves Lance the 2 guard position and he definitely doesn't deserve to play over Hill there... I'm sorry for Lance, Larry, and your desires to see his progress... It's not a matter of fairness... It's a matter of common sense...

  13. #110
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    I like AJ at PG much better than Lance. I know he has potential but I'd rather see AJ play. I want to trust Larry about Lance's ability but it's hard to do sometimes.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  14. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have a team that had a winning record under a new coach last season... Who played very well in the playoffs against the MVP and the team with the most regular season victories... Subtracted terrible contracts and 1 good rotation player while adding 3 good rotation players... 2 of which are starter level players in the L... We are seeing development from every core young player remaining on the team from last year... We are 5-2 with our top scorer shooting like crap and a still developing team offense... And we are a top 5 defensive team...

    We are legitimately on the same level or higher than Atlanta (who also got beat by the Heat only without BOTH LeBron and DWade), Orlando, New York, Boston, and Philadelphia in the East... Are those teams not playing to win right now?



    I'm not saying don't play him period... I'm saying don't play him as a primary backup out of his natural position in front of someone that makes more sense... There's always garbage time... Or a chance to prove himself if someone gets injured or starts to play like crap... Like most second round draft picks prove their talent... Like AJ proved his talent... And even if we don't see him play much this year we could still pick up his option with very little cap impact next year and he can continue to try to prove his worth... If he's not worth it he's filling out a 14th/15th roster spot at worst...




    Then you and Larry run the risk of spoiling a talented second unit... And if AJ should play as well if he's playing well (and he usually does) and he's an actual point guard doesn't it make sense to play him there when it is such an important position to a unit? But then that just leaves Lance the 2 guard position and he definitely doesn't deserve to play over Hill there... I'm sorry for Lance, Larry, and your desires to see his progress... It's not a matter of fairness... It's a matter of common sense...
    What has Atlanta won??

    they arent my desires they are Larry's who is kind of in charge. Like I said I would play Price with Lance at the SF or SG. Hill is gonna be the primary backup pg also that again is how Larry and the organization view him.

    It is pretty clear Larry doesn't view Price as part of the future IMO that isnt fair to Price but that is the truth.

  15. #112
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great D tonight and it was good to see our guys step it up at the end to seal the victory. Ray Allen played good tonight for the Celtics. He'd look good in a Pacers uni but I don't see that happening.
    Honestly, I would hope that the FO would actually try and make a solid offer if all else fails. It couldn't hurt. If you've ever watched any NBA documentary or video about Allen...the guy's conditioning on par with Reggie's conditioning. Despite his age....he could easily play 24+ mpg over the next 2 years.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #113
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hubie Brown just said " Indiana is 10 deep. They just got to figure out how they are going to play in their half court offence. But they really have some good players."

    I respect Hubie and him saying that means a lot. Pacers are getting the respect via the media more and more it seems.
    Fratello said essentially the same thing on NBATV Gametime.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #114
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fratello said essentially the same thing on NBATV Gametime.
    Yes, I saw that. Steve Smith also said nice things about us, particularly Hans and Hibbert.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  18. #115
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then you and Larry run the risk of spoiling a talented second unit... And if AJ should play as well if he's playing well (and he usually does) and he's an actual point guard doesn't it make sense to play him there when it is such an important position to a unit? But then that just leaves Lance the 2 guard position and he definitely doesn't deserve to play over Hill there... I'm sorry for Lance, Larry, and your desires to see his progress... It's not a matter of fairness... It's a matter of common sense...

    I swear people in this thread are certainly impressed with AJ's 2 points and 2 assists in 15 minutes. Those are some really low standards. Is there another player on this team who would get praise for that stat-line?

    I don't have anything against AJ, but i still think you guys are rooting against Lance more than anything, except Sookie (I know he's your boy). There was someone in the game thread saying Aj was better than DC because of 1 lob, its just silly.
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-07-2012 at 02:45 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  20. #116
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    You think all we care about is the stat line?

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  22. #117

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think all we care about is the stat line?
    SURVEY SAYS.....No!!!!! Lol

  23. #118
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hubie Brown just said " Indiana is 10 deep. They just got to figure out how they are going to play in their half court offence. But they really have some good players."

    I respect Hubie and him saying that means a lot. Pacers are getting the respect via the media more and more it seems.
    Not that I want to use this as a chance to kick Satan again....

    But let's look at this for a min. We are 10 deep per Hubie and we are young and talented per many other national media figures.

    Does West & Hill make all of the difference? They certainly are huge upgrades, without a doubt.

    But even if they weren't here with a first round pick and either Josh or another player added to at the four I think most would still be saying this about us.

    The point is, the vast majority of the players who are part of that 10 deep roster where here last season when Satan proclaimed we were not good enough.

    The biggest single difference in the Indiana Pacers is not the players, it is in the coaching.

    Not having your power forward be an old out of shape small forward or having it so that your point guard really never handles the ball but only facilitates bringing the ball up the court and dumping it off and then primarly being a score will tend to change the makeup of a club.

    Having it so that your power forwards and center are around the rim and everybody driving to the basket instead of taking the first open shot available will change the makeup of a club.

    Leading the league in free throw attempts instead of being dead last will also dramatically change the makeup of the club.

    We are young, we are talented, but we were last season as well. I'm not discounting the additions of Hill & West I'm just saying that Vogel is far far far far far far to the infinte number squared better than O'Brien.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  25. #119
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think all we care about is the stat line?
    No, but the onslaught of praise started about as soon as he entered the game. It's just to much for so little. I was traveling to a poker game from the end of the third until 5 minutes to go in the game so I will watch his second stint on the DVR and maybe see something to change my mind. Just from reading this you would think he won us the game.

  26. #120
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just from reading this you would think he won us the game.
    I don't think anyone made that acertation... Just saying the second units offense flowed so much better with him running the point over Lance...

  27. #121
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not that I want to use this as a chance to kick Satan again....

    But let's look at this for a min. We are 10 deep per Hubie and we are young and talented per many other national media figures.

    Does West & Hill make all of the difference? They certainly are huge upgrades, without a doubt.

    But even if they weren't here with a first round pick and either Josh or another player added to at the four I think most would still be saying this about us.

    The point is, the vast majority of the players who are part of that 10 deep roster where here last season when Satan proclaimed we were not good enough.

    The biggest single difference in the Indiana Pacers is not the players, it is in the coaching.

    Not having your power forward be an old out of shape small forward or having it so that your point guard really never handles the ball but only facilitates bringing the ball up the court and dumping it off and then primarly being a score will tend to change the makeup of a club.

    Having it so that your power forwards and center are around the rim and everybody driving to the basket instead of taking the first open shot available will change the makeup of a club.

    Leading the league in free throw attempts instead of being dead last will also dramatically change the makeup of the club.

    We are young, we are talented, but we were last season as well. I'm not discounting the additions of Hill & West I'm just saying that Vogel is far far far far far far to the infinte number squared better than O'Brien.
    Just don't discount the growth of our young players, especially George and Tyler. screw Obrien, just give the players some credit.

  28. #122
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think anyone made that acertation... Just saying the second units offense flowed so much better with him running the point over Lance...
    Just commenting on the tone an maybe exaggerating a bit, not quoting anyone.

  29. #123
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I swear people in this thread are certainly impressed with AJ's 2 points and 2 assists in 15 minutes. Those are some really low standards. Is there another player on this team who would get praise for that stat-line?
    Who the **** said they were impressed with his stats? They were impressed with his effort tonight.



    Big difference.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  31. #124
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just don't discount the growth of our young players, especially George and Tyler. screw Obrien, just give the players some credit.
    Oh I do. I give them a lot of credit, however I also have to give credit to Vogel for believing in Tyler & blame to O'Brien for not believing in him (Tyler's words, not mine).

    I give credit to Vogel for not only playing but starting Paul George and I give blame to O'Brien who actually had him in street clothes for several games last season.

    But I do credit the players with taking advantage of the situation.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  33. #125
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

    I blame O'Brien for the Economic Crisis. And high gas prices.


    And for Teen Mom.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •