Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's supposed to be sarcasm.
    yea a smart man once told me something similar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Yeah, Granger didn't have a single assist. WTF?
    You guys better erase that right now, we don't want to let the assists police to know this

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody else watching the game again?

Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar

You guys better erase that right now, we don't want to let the assists police to know this
    Hansbrough doesn't have an assist the entire season ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I was surprised as well. Jermaine's a utility big man at this point, but he did it well. I'd be happy to get him back here to finish his career.
    This. I've been saying forever he is a perfect 4 next to Hibbert. Of course, now we have West...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

tomorrows game is the kind earlier Pacers teams would lose... let's see how much we have changed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Reading all the "WOW DAVID WEST IS SUCH A DUMB***" and "BASS >>>> WEST" posts on ESPN is so adorable.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

9. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Mood

Great D tonight and it was good to see our guys step it up at the end to seal the victory. Ray Allen played good tonight for the Celtics. He'd look good in a Pacers uni but I don't see that happening.

It's supposed to be sarcasm.
    No, no. It is sarcasm. You're supposed to pick up on it. I thought the exclamation point gave it away. I rarely ever use exclamation points and am serious at the same time.

I'm just gonna pretend we didn't lose to the Heat by 35 cause if you had told me at the start of the road trip that we would go 2-2, I would have taken it and ran. So, I'm not gonna let that bring me down.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Having Price and Foster back in the rotation obviously helps. Having Hill starting to find his game also helps. I like that lineup that includes AJ, PG, Dahntay, Hansbrough and Foster, it reminded me of how they played against the Bulls last year. I think having Amundson and Foster in at the same time would be a real treat too. Hopefully having Foster will strengthen our unit off the bench and we can see what this team is really made of.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This. I've been saying forever he is a perfect 4 next to Hibbert. Of course, now we have West...
    Jermaine, at this point in his career, at the four?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm just gonna pretend we didn't lose to the Heat by 35 cause if you had told me at the start of the road trip that we would go 2-2, I would have taken it and ran. So, I'm not gonna let that bring me down.
    If you just look at our record and who we won and lost to and didn't look at that games score we would all be pleased with the team. Let's just forget about that games score and move on.

Hubie Brown just said " Indiana is 10 deep. They just got to figure out how they are going to play in their half court offence. But they really have some good players."

I respect Hubie and him saying that means a lot. Pacers are getting the respect via the media more and more it seems.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    Hubie Brown just said " Indiana is 10 deep. They just got to figure out how they are going to play in their half court offence. But they really have some good players."

I respect Hubie and him saying that means a lot. Pacers are getting the respect via the media more and more it seems.
    Yes, it's solid when you get props from Hubie. He knows talent and the game as well as anyone in the world.

We may not have a superstar on this team, but he's right. We have a bunch of good players and we can play physical basketball.

Where are the chicken littles now? Still on the beach in Miami?

BTW, we are 5-2 now...and 3rd behind Miami and Chicago in the east...right after playing Boston and Miami. I think we'll be just fine.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Who thinks we win more games in this shortened season than the last 4? I think it would require a 37-29 record.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Great win by the Pacers, finally we got to see some offense, good job Pacers.
    Hey a win is a win, but we really didn't get to see much offense until the second half. The difference is that Boston's offense was even more putrid.

But you know, this was a win in the third game of a road trip early in the season with the team working out its rotations and bugs on offense. I'm happy to be patient when we have a defense that is playing like a unit that is more than 7 games old together.

Holding the Celtics to 14 in the 1st and then 11 in the 2nd quarter is amazing! Heck, holding even the worst team in the league to 11 and 14 points in consecutive quarters is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Who thinks we win more games in this shortened season than the last 4? I think it would require a 37-29 record.
    I said 38 wins before the season, and I see no reason to change it now. So, I guess I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I think we get pretty close to that. If we hit 37 wins that will probabaly at least be a top 5 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    AJ offered as much proof as he could that he should be the 2nd point guard. If we stick with Lance in that role, it's going to be because we're actively pushing his development. Personally, I'd like to see him get his minutes when the game isn't on the line, and AJ would run the 2nd team as a rule. Loved how the 2nd unit held its own tonight.
    I voiced my concern at us using Lance over AJ last night in the biggest concerns thread... Since we have a team that is looking to win right now we should be playing the best player at a position not trying to develop a 2nd round draft pick who is not even playing his natural position...

The depth of our team was as good as advertised tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I would love it if we could get him back for a nice vet contract next summer... But the word retirement has been falling out of his mouth since the beginning of the summer...

Plus he's not a big fan of Legend... To say the least

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    I voiced my concern at us using Lance over AJ last night in the biggest concerns thread... Since we have a team that is looking to win right now we should be playing the best player at a position not trying to develop a 2nd round draft pick who is not even playing his natural position...

The depth of our team was as good as advertised tonight!
    stop it just stop it. We are in win now mode?? LOL. Hate to break it to everyone we aren't winning this year and proablly not contending in the east for at least 3 years once the kids develop.

I want Lance playing the SG but saying no to playing him cause we are in win now mode is ridiculous. I dont know about everyone else but I want to see how he gets better as the season goes and to see if he is worthy of getting his option picked up next year but thats JMO.

AJ should play as well if he is playing well. But obviously it seems the FO doesn't see him as a future Pacer so Lance should play over him at SG because they are invested in Lance. Weather that is fair or not it's pretty obvious that is how Larry sees things. Personally I want to see what we have in Lance. If he doesnt show improvement while playing this year that may be a sign. He should get his option picked up anyway but I would like to see progress. We need to play him at SG though we are hindering him by playing him at pg.

Also AJ is the type of guy who is a pro if he sits for weeks he can come in and take care of the ball and not hurt us he doesn't need development he is probably as developed as he will be.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    No, no. It is sarcasm. You're supposed to pick up on it. I thought the exclamation point gave it away. I rarely ever use exclamation points and am serious at the same time.
    That was a pretty poor attempt to convey sarcasm!

In all seriousness, an exclamation point is hardly conclusive evidence when determining whether a post is sarcastic or not.

So glad the pacers won...Now Ray Allen can see why D. West joined the Pacers...Younger and deeper! No letdown vs. Charlotte tomorrow!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    stop it just stop it. We are in win now mode?? LOL. Hate to break it to everyone we aren't winning this year and proablly not contending in the east for at least 3 years once the kids develop.

I want Lance playing the SG but saying not to play him cause we are in win now mode is ridiculous. I dont know about everyone else but I want to see how he gets better as the season goes and to see if he is worthy of getting his option picked up next year but thats JMO.

AJ should play as well if he is playing well. But obviously it seems the FO doesn't see him as a future Pacer so Lance should play over him at SG because they are invested in Lance. Weather that is fair or not it's pretty obvious that is how Larry sees things. Personally I want to see what we have in Lance. If he doesnt show improvement while playing this year that may be a sign. He should get his option picked up anyway but I would like to see progress. We need to play him at SG though we are hindering him by playing him at pg.

Also AJ is the type of guy who is a pro if he sits for weeks he can come in and take care of the ball and not hurt us he doesn't need development he is probably as developed as he will be.
    I'd give Lance a few minutes of developmental time at the SG, by taking away some of Jones' time.

I'd actually play him with Price. You can't find a better type of PG to play next to Lance. Hill isn't a PG, and plays much better when a PG is playing with him. Him and AJ looked great together tonight. (Now, if Lance still stunk by the middle of February, even at the SG position, then it's time to put DJones back in the rotation.)

We have a young team, so we supposedly won't get tired. That's not true, although young teams have fresher legs, they also tend to have weaker minds, and aren't mentally able to handle the amount of games these teams are going to play. Playing Price takes some burden off of DC and Hill's shoulders, where as playing Lance puts an even bigger one on Hill (and by extension, DC)

Dahntay is just as professional as AJ, but not as needed.

It's obvious that Lance's development is coming first. But we want to win too. And we lose the game tonight if AJ doesn't play.

And for the record, whether Larry likes it or not, if it becomes a pattern where..the team plays quite well with AJ, and then AJ sits again for a few weeks... That's going to put a strain on team chemistry. And not because AJ does anything, but because the rest of the guys are going to get annoyed.
    Last edited by Sookie; 01-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post: