Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but Collison was playing most of his minutes against Rose and the Bulls first unit while Price was mostly playing against the second unit.

I like Price though and wish we would play him more.
    you do realize those stats show aj was the worst of the three right? You should have said playing with backups to make him look better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Celtics postgame thread

Who would have thought. A backup playing against backups to make them look better.

There isn't a single team in the league with a bench full of players that would be as effective if they became the starters. There might be one or two players here and there but the vast majority are backups for a reason.

They do well playing against each other, which is why they usually play against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    you must have 0 basketball sense if your saying Price didn't play better than his stats say he did and didn't have a bigger impact on the game. Stats in basketball are not the full story this isn't baseball.
    You must not read the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You think all we care about is the stat line?

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    No, but the onslaught of praise started about as soon as he entered the game. It's just to much for so little. I was traveling to a poker game from the end of the third until 5 minutes to go in the game so I will watch his second stint on the DVR and maybe see something to change my mind. Just from reading this you would think he won us the game.

No, Ive read the entire thread and I watched the entire game. My point is that he's not a starter. He's a bench player. Of course he's going to look better, against bench players.

If you need someone to admit that, then we can also admit other known facts. The sun is hot. Grass is green. It's a universal truth, which is why they're bench players, and not starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    No, Ive read the entire thread and I watched the entire game. My point is that he's not a starter. He's a bench player. Of course he's going to look better, against bench players.

If you need someone to admit that, then we can also admit other known facts. The sun is hot. Grass is green. It's a universal truth, which is why they're bench players, and not starters.
    Also when Rondo was in the game, we had George Hill covering for AJ on defense. I would take this to mean the coaching staff isn't really high on his point off attack defense. When they played Lance, Hill played SG on offense and defense.

It's not a knock on AJ's defense. It's a compliment to how good GH is. I would have hoped that Frank was smart enough to put a well above average defender on the best player instead of an average defender.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

It's not a knock on AJ's defense. It's a compliment to how good GH is. I would have hoped that Frank was smart enough to put a well above average defender on the best player instead of an average defender.
    My point is more that they have not tried covering up Lance's defense. Lance has spent time guarding Derrik Rose, Derrin Williams, and Kyrie Irving with Hill on the floor this season(he hasn't done a bad job either).

I expected them to play Hill at the point on defense, it was a surprise when they didn't cover up Lance, especially when George Hill is undersized at the two.

People aren't saying AJ played a good game for defensive purposes, just like hardly any one knocks on Lance for defensive purposes.

It's the difference in how they run the offense, and the difference is easily noticeable.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Who would have thought. A backup playing against backups to make them look better.

There isn't a single team in the league with a bench full of players that would be as effective if they became the starters. There might be one or two players here and there but the vast majority are backups for a reason.

They do well playing against each other, which is why they usually play against each other.
    Was this directed at me? (you didn't quote anyone) If it is you completely missed what I was saying. I was simply trying to point out that playing against backups is not something you use to effectively make someones stats more impressive. Obviously, playing against tougher competition is more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Thought price played rather well last night, but more than anything it was great to have foster out there. If foster could play 30 minutes every game that would help our teams as much as anything

You might have to settle for 30 minutes combined for every 2 or 3 games. I just don't have the faith in Foster being able to stay healthy. Hope he can, but have my doubts.

Dahntay Jones played some offense last night without needing the ball.

We haven't really seen that since he's been with the Pacers but that's how he played with the Nuggets. He's a very capable passer and we saw a little bit of that last night. He deserves playing time if he's going to play like that.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    Hubie Brown just said " Indiana is 10 deep. They just got to figure out how they are going to play in their half court offence. But they really have some good players."

I respect Hubie and him saying that means a lot. Pacers are getting the respect via the media more and more it seems.
    On an earlier broadcast he named the Pacers as being third in the East.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

15. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Who the **** said they were impressed with his stats? They were impressed with his effort tonight.

It was neither. It's the fact that he can be a floor general. He sees opportunities better than Collison and he sets up post players more quickly.

He's not Steve Nash, but compared to what we're used to, it almost feels like it.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    On an earlier broadcast he named the Pacers as being third in the East.
    Personally, I still think that's a stretch. Given what I have seen thus far, Indiana being a 4 or 5 seed is more realistic.

RLeWorm

can we close this thread. We all know Boston is one of the worst teams in the East already. No need to degrade them any longer. Feel sorry for them.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Dahntay Jones played some offense last night without needing the ball.

We haven't really seen that since he's been with the Pacers but that's how he played with the Nuggets. He's a very capable passer and we saw a little bit of that last night. He deserves playing time if he's going to play like that.
    The non-Inferno haters have been saying this for the longest time....as long as he plays within his game and recognizes his limitations on the offensive end....while focusing on what he does best.....playing defense...then he will show that he deserves minutes. Unfortunately, Inferno forgets this on the offensive end from time to time....and he doesn't reign himself in ( nor does Vogel ) until he has completely disrupted the flow of the offense for too long.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

People aren't saying AJ played a good game for defensive purposes, just like hardly any one knocks on Lance for defensive purposes.

It's the difference in how they run the offense, and the difference is easily noticeable.
    Last season everyone bashed Lance's defense. Actually the "scouting report" was that he was near amazing on offense, but horrible on defense. I am still waiting to see what he can do. He is just now receiving any backup minutes at all.