Thread: alley oop it to george please.

Default alley oop it to george please.

everygame ive watched this season i think ive seen paul george open for an oop once or twice a game, hes a freak athlete i dont get why they dont throw it up to him especially on the fastbreak where most of the time hes open for it. maybe him throwing the oop to dahntay will make others do the same for him!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

Default Re: alley oop it to george please.

ok.
    Thank you Jeff.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Eh, who cares. I would rather play smart than dominate the ESPN highlight reel. Alley oops should be saved for rare occasions, and when it is difficult to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, who cares. I would rather play smart than dominate the ESPN highlight reel. Alley oops should be saved for rare occasions, and when it is difficult to screw up.
    im not looking for the highlight reel, im just saying theres been a few times where we have not gotten a bucket and an oop would of been the easiest way

Mood

He's not wrong. Occasionally Paul and Jones have had oop opportunities that a better passer could find for an easy exciting 2 points. I would also like us to occasionally run a play designed to get George a lob dunk.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I yelled "throw the oop to George" out loud at least twice last night. I believe we did have one called play for a George oop that was broken up. I'd certainly like to see it more. That kind of play can really get a team fired up and a run started.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

I strongly agree on this. Was watching the game last night and I couldn't help but notice Paul George running straight to the rim on the fast break, waiting for an oop. It's most likely due to poor court vision by our point guards. I guarantee Stephenson would of saw those opportunities, though.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatPacerFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPacerFan View Post
    I strongly agree on this. Was watching the game last night and I couldn't help but notice Paul George running straight to the rim on the fast break, waiting for an oop. It's most likely due to poor court vision by our point guards. I guarantee Stephenson would of saw those opportunities, though.
    That was Granger running with him. I'm not sure how Granger missed that but it really annoyed me.

RLeWorm

I see him sneak by his man like every game, and they always miss him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    That was Granger running with him. I'm not sure how Granger missed that but it really annoyed me.
    True, in the instance I'm thinking of, it was Danny. I've also seen Darren miss him multiple times this season. Our point guards need to know where their other 4 teammates are on the floor at all times. Otherwise, they aren't doing their job.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."
    -Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    He missed it because he was looking down at the ball. I really wish he was more capable of keeping his head up while dribbling. That's been my biggest and really only complaint this season.

I love his defensive effort so far, though.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    He missed it because he was looking down at the ball. I really wish he was more capable of keeping his head up while dribbling. That's been my biggest and really only complaint this season.

I love his defensive effort so far, though.
    I played PG in high school and our coach made all of the guards play with glasses that blocked our view of the ball. All guards used them in drills, but only point guards had to use them during scrimmages. To this day I have no need to look down to dribble. I've always wonder if players such as Danny use these during the off-season or during practice. And if they aren't, what's the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    I played PG in high school and our coach made all of the guards play with glasses that blocked our view of the ball. All guards used them in drills, but only point guards had to use them during scrimmages. To this day I have no need to look down to dribble. I've always wonder if players such as Danny use these during the off-season or during practice. And if they aren't, what's the reason?
    I'm with you. I could of made the alley oop to paul on that play. Dribbling with your head up is middle school level basketball....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

I just want to see less oops thrown to Hibbert.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    I yelled "throw the oop to George" out loud at least twice last night. I believe we did have one called play for a George oop that was broken up. I'd certainly like to see it more. That kind of play can really get a team fired up and a run started.
    Back in the day, the 90-93 Pacers squad used to run a set play after an opponent's made free throw where Detlef Shremph would make a backdoor cut for an alley oop. It worked 95% of the time too. When the Pacers got Mark Jackson they used to run the same play for Dale Davis although not as often.

It can be an effective play. You just have to have great timing and it's best used when you can catch the defense off guard.

The funny thing is that Paul George is the best on the team at THROWING the oop. He hit Inferno in last night's game, for example.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The funny thing is that Paul George is the best on the team at THROWING the oop. He hit Inferno in last night's game, for example.
    1. With both his dunks last night, it looks like Inferno can't jump too high anymore.

2. Paul threw that oop perfectly to his reach. That's a good sign.

3. He's still the best oop catcher and dunker on the team! Throw them, Pacers!
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Mood

I just want to see Paul replace those drives where he brings the ball back down before going back up with just trying to throw it down hard (while staying safe with regards to his ability to land).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPacerFan View Post
    True, in the instance I'm thinking of, it was Danny. I've also seen Darren miss him multiple times this season. Our point guards need to know where their other 4 teammates are on the floor at all times. Otherwise, they aren't doing their job.
    I noticed Danny could have done one too... and then he got called for a charge.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

mission accomplished