Thread: A delicate question....

Default A delicate question....

Hi all - great to have the season going, eh?

Let me just say I apologize in advance for this entire post.

OK, I'm going to ask something here that's been bothering me for some time now. I know its probably mostly guys posting around here, so I've never brought it up, but I'm going to go ahead and ask. This might seem a little odd, but....

Is Jermaine O'Neal a good looking guy?

See, here's my point: There are some guys another guy can look at and just think "good looking guy". Doesn't mean anything (not that there would be anything wrong if it did mean something....), but you know? Mel Gibson, for instance - good looking guy.

I see some NBA guys and I can platonically acknowledge they're good looking guys - I would like to look more like AD, for instance.

Now, take Jermaine...I saw him at Circle Center a while back, and he's got an odd baby-face kind of thing going on. I saw him on the bench last night and I asked myself "is he good looking or not?" I can't for the life of me tell.

Any opinions out there?????

As I said earlier, I apologize.....It's early in the season and I'm just getting warmed up.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Zesty

Default Re: A delicate question....

Uhh... interesting question?

I know what you're talking about. Brad Pitt: good-looking guy. J.O. strikes me as a guy that some girls would find to be very good-looking, and others wouldn't think so at all. I just asked my fiancee, and she said she doesn't find him attractive.

Alright, I'm going to go eat some red meat and watch football or something. And maybe kick a guy's ***.

What guy whos goin to make over 100 million whens he done his career isnt attractive to women?

You know who's definately not attractive? SJax. He looks epecially goofy with the hair he's got now, like one of the Cosby Kids or something.

IndyToad
    The penultimate collection

I think some girls would be into the baby face thing. But not all. He isn't bad looking, but I don't think he's one of those guys that nearly every girl finds attractive.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

What guy whos goin to make over 100 million whens he done his career isnt attractive to women?
    You can be as ugly as anything and be pretty enough if the wallet is fat enough.

Ya know how TV cameras pan the stands to show the spouses of baseball players reacting to the game action?

Years ago when Lenny Dkystra was playing, they did that. He wife was some hot blonde model. He looked like a mutant freak from Deliverance, with a goofy half-toothed grin and a wad of tobacco in the cheek.

I wonder if she's still around now that the paychecks have tapered off...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Zesty

LOVE the new avatar, Tom.

It's a little too political for me, so I probably won't keep it too long,

but I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw the map, and I get bored with my avatars easily.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tom, that is a great avatar.

Of course women are going to find the rich guy attractive - that's why I thought it would be interesting to get the "disinterested" opinion of a bunch of truly manly men.

Now how about another NBA guy for some of the old timers - Paul Mokeski (of the Bucks): Good looking guy?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Definitely a rung or two below, say, Ron Mercer, but it is amazing what a max salary will do for your looks with some women.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know who I'm laughing harder at today... the Tyrant or Tom's avatar.

Wait... I just got a hilarious email... off to the Pub.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

but I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw the map, and I get bored with my avatars easily.

Please tell me what website you found that on; I'd love to save a copy (can't on my mac using your avatar; something to do with the forum)

Speaking of bad hair, who saw the TWolves game last night?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I did...Spree and Hudson looked like SCHOOL GIRLS....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

And an easy test of the above theory is to go to any gentelmen's club and observe the behavior of the "employees".

You can have an entire party of Brad Pitts sitting around a table, and right next to them, a table of 3-4 old well-dressed bald-headed overweight guys like me.

The "employees" will go to the money first almost every time.

I think the theory holds. Ugly *******s can get the good-looking girl, even if the relationship might be a bit superficial.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I liked Spree's hair last night.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom

Please tell me what website you found that on; I'd love to save a copy (can't on my mac using your avatar; something to do with the forum)
    I saw it on a bulletin board, Craig's list, where people sell stuff. Somebody post "free map of the United States after the election" and I clicked on it and there it was.

I right-clicked and saved the image. I am able to right-click on the avatars here and save them.

If you send me a PM with your e-mail, I could send it to you as a jpeg attachment.

here's a link to the jesusland map:

http://againstallflags.blogspot.com/...adian-now.html

sweabs

Very funny avatar...but I still prefer the one you had not too long ago...I think you know the one I'm referring to
    [edit=290=1099686259][/edit]

[edit=19=1099714411][/edit]
    [edit=19=1099715487][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I'm now at home on my PC and grabbed it (here, I can right click as save as avatars; just not on my mac). Thanks for the email offer though.